Bad interview at panera?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Steve8696 in Kalamazoo, Michigan

18 months ago

I had an interview at Panera bread this morning. The interviewer had some good things to say and some bad things to say.

The good:
I walked in about a week earlier, and asked if they were hiring. The hiring manager sat down with me and was asked me basic info and responded with things like "that just what we're looking for" and was very high energy. He then setup a date and time for the second interview.
I showed up to the second interview almost 30 minutes early. The interviewer knew me by name,was very nice and was smiling when he sat down at the table for the interview.
He said things like:
"Your availability is looking good"
"Good!You live close by"

We managed to maintain eye contract with one another throughout the whole interview.
He went on to give me a lot of info starting with things like "when you start here"
And even said that I dressed nice.
He Asked me about school
And I told them that I'm in school for computer sciences to which he smiled at and asked me "what would I do with a degree in that field" I told him "I'm looking into the I.t field. My dream job would be a systems architect"
He had a nice vibe about him and even joked a little. He was very interested in my family and where I was from. He told me basic info about the store and the dress code. And let me know the name of employees who were working today.

The bad:
The interviewer asked me a question about my availability on spring break and I slipped up a said "I might travel" (no idea why I said that) he replied "we're kinda looking for someone who can work during spring break" to which I said "it's no big deal I can cancel it".
The interview was kinda short and most of the questions were personality based questions, not a whole lot on work experience. He ended by saying "we have three more interviews today and we're looking to hire 1
Person each month. so we'll let you know for on Thursday.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Steve8696 in Kalamazoo, Michigan

18 months ago

Overall the interview felt short and I can't help but feel like I didn't get the job. Anyone else feel this is bad sign?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jamesntwilliams@gmail.com in Roanoke, Virginia

11 months ago

I have no comment at this time.
I usually go by My own interview experiences and go with My own "gut feelings" according to the interviews themselves.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dawn R Buchroeder in Sarasota, Florida

8 months ago

I think your interview went perfect!!! It's perfectly okay to say you might travel, your just a human being that had vacation plans , and upon hire is willing to break them! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!!! They expect most young people do go out of town for sb!!! He MIGHT think ehhh she's not going to prove that she will be available upon hiring her!!! And the decision to hire you is how much you show it after the interview!! Because your interview was perfect judging by what your describe!! Call him next morning, and every 12 to 24 hours after each call!! Then if he had any doubts, he won't any more! I hope by the time you read my reply, you have succeeded on landing this or another enjoyable, and profitable job! GOOD LUCK!!!!:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dawn R Buchroeder in Sarasota, Florida

8 months ago

Hahahah!!!! I JUST NOTICED THAT I REPLIED TO A 9 month old post!!!!!!! Ahhh we'll maybe you can tell us how that interview turned out, or what you have done with your life since your last post!!! LMAO!!! Have a GREAT day!!! :) :) :) :) :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.