PayPal News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does PayPal stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

workaholicdesigner in San Jose, California

82 months ago

This year they are not looking to really expand their staff, unless you are in engineering. In that case, they are ALWAYS hiring! However, as a design person, I was just laid-off, even though I work in a strong department. I think it may have to do with other thinks and the lay-off was just an 'excuse.'

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

chga in mountain view, California

82 months ago

what kind of design? visual? from what I understand, very few people were laid off. and the company itself doesn't have a history of laying people off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

workaholicdesigner in San Jose, California

82 months ago

user experience design has visual, ui and content combined on the team. Plus some of the branding team got laid off. Oh, and I just heard that some of the middle management at eBay got laid off. About 40.

Back when I was first interviewing for the job(a few years ago), I mentioned about a severance package in case of lay-offs. The HR recruiter laughed and said, "We haven't had any lay-offs, nor do we ever need to. PayPal is growing. You won't need to worry about that."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

chga in mountain view, California

82 months ago

Did you get severance at least?

Lance in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

79 months ago

Paypal has been spamming the West Palm Beach classifieds but the jobs are located in bumkcuf Omaha...far from Florida.

Severance package is typically a corporate policy rather than an individual thing - but a newer, smaller company might not have a policy. Good thing to ask and get anything you want confirmed in writing. At will employers don't have to offer severance as far as I know.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.