How to get a job at PayPal.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Do you work at PayPal? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Commander in Fremont, California

91 months ago

If you are looking for a long term employment:
Stay Far Far Away from EBay, PayPal or Verisign. High Turn over, not so professional environment. I worked there for a few months and I ran. Most people are contractors or temps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

vivi in Ottawa, Ontario

87 months ago

I just had a horrible experience with paypal with a crook using my credit card through paypal. No I never answered any spam emails. Thankfully my bank was first to see the scam. Paypal saw it but did nothing to advise me. Horrible.

the problem is employees are not motivated. How much do they make? do they have medical coverage, pension plans, stock options, one year maternity leave,paternity leave, sick leave, job protection and good salaries? All of these are usually available with a good company, not with paypal or ebay. Good software engineers make $100000 + in Canada. Why would anyone want to work for paypal? The best ones won't anyways.

Therefore, the security and competency of paypal, will always be trashy just like ebay. Because they don't have the best people on board.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

chga in mountain view, California

79 months ago

Commander in Fremont, California said: If you are looking for a long term employment:
Stay Far Far Away from EBay, PayPal or Verisign. High Turn over, not so professional environment. I worked there for a few months and I ran. Most people are contractors or temps.

Not true. It's a professional atmosphere, and most people have worked there for at least 2 years. That may have been true in its early days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

workaholicdesigner in San Jose, California

79 months ago

It has become very 'corporate' and it has loss it's startup family feel. Plus the pay is greatly under what the industry offers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.