how to land the job at Pepsi Bottling Group.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

jaysickyo in SouthEastLA, California

62 months ago

yo what's up fellas and ladies!, well my topic is pretty self explanatory, just wondering how I can land this job, hoping a current or former employee can help me out with this, I finished my online application and exactly 1:43 p.m. today and was called at about 2:40 ish, so took just about an hour give or take to get a call back, I was real impressed and happy to get the call, I wouldn't expect this to be so fast. Anyways I'm just mainly concerned about some things I can do to get this forsure, I am young(19 years old) with 1 year experience at a Food 4 Less grocery store, and 1 year experience in retail at a Target, I know this is exactly what merchandising managers would love to see, and I do have great communication skills whichh I will show them, I just want to know if there is anything else I can do to make the company want ME as an employee, I have til next week to prepare myself. I can only pray I get this job, I had an interview with Coca Cola exactly last week and when I called for a status today all I got was a transfered phone call to an automated service saying they cannot give a status update and about 5 minutes after I received an email basically saying I was not a chosen candidate, can you say a$$holes??...I could swear I did everything right, showed my people skills, my proof of insurance, good driving record etc.. and mos def showed how interested I was in a career with them, well hopefully with all your help I won't get another repeat of what happened with coke so please please comment away, any suggestions will help,thank you!! =))

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

lujan10358@*****.*** in Leonia, New Jersey

49 months ago

Do not be surprise they are the same way as cocacola i traveled fron nj to orlando 4 with cdl class A perfect record clean never used drugs forklift experience and i still did not get the job i applied for others positions in pompano beach and i still did not get the job maybe my latino heritage did not help, them i was blocked from apply for jobs with them, if i get a call to get a job with, thanks i do not want it..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Photo Wizard in Las Vegas, Nevada

49 months ago

After five (5) years and applying numerous times for an Account Manager, Key Account Manager and Sales Representative position I gave up. I had been on 22 different interviews at 6 different locations. Never got past the first in-person interview. I have a Masters Degree. Worked at several major retailers and managed soft drink and alcoholic beverages at these retailers. Still that was not enough experience for them. The positions always comes up so it tells me these positions have a high turnover rate. Don't waste your time if you are not called back for a second interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Thurman Merman in Attleboro, Massachusetts

29 months ago

Yeah, anyone's chances of getting a job with them is very unlikely no matter how much qualities you have. The the truth is, you are competing with dozens of other applicants who either have the exact same qualifications than you or more. Applying to those places is like drawing from the lottery, it's all chance. The hard truth is to get a job nowadays, you have to know someone. Without knowing anyone, you are a just a generic name with nothing that stands out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

josephus in Philippines

27 months ago

all your statements are true now a days... it is a part of the application process..insiders are the company's basis on how truthful is an applicant or how trustworthy is an applicant. all these things count much since most applicants are qualified and even some overqualified but pertaining to a person's trait, they need someone who knew you to be sure you are the honest one... even without someone from the inside that knew you if that job is for you... you will be hired my friends!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bibb in Pickering, Ontario

22 months ago

Thurman Merman in Attleboro, Massachusetts said: Yeah, anyone's chances of getting a job with them is very unlikely no matter how much qualities you have. The the truth is, you are competing with dozens of other applicants who either have the exact same qualifications than you or more. Applying to those places is like drawing from the lottery, it's all chance. The hard truth is to get a job nowadays, you have to know someone. Without knowing anyone, you are a just a generic name with nothing that stands out.

Don't want to work at pepsico....work you to death with no rewards. Management. Bad. Everyone is out for themselves. No respect. If you don't want to work hard with university degree you will be promoted, however, with only college work hard only get used to show off your work for others to learn from your work. No tools to work with to increase business because there pepsico get what they want. Beware!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.