How to get a job at Pepsi Bottling.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 163)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you work at Pepsi Bottling? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Adam in North Apollo, Pennsylvania

116 months ago

Are there any driving jobs available for a CDL driver at the altoona location?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (194) / No (72) Reply - Report abuse

jus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

116 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (64) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

husam aqel in Hyattsville, Maryland

116 months ago

I have 5 yer's OTR driving seeking local job at pepsi.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (77) / No (45) Reply - Report abuse

michael wakker in Melbourne, Florida

115 months ago

thanks for the opptortunity to work for your company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (64) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Emma (Host) in Stamford, Connecticut

115 months ago

michael wakker said: thanks for the opptortunity to work for your company.

Hi Michael,

Although someone from Pepsi-Bottling may see this forum, you may have a better response by applying directly to the job posting. You can do a company search on Indeed by typing in "company:company name" in the What search box.

When you find a job listing that interests you, click on it and you'll be directed to the site the job is originally posted, and there you will find instructions on how to apply.

Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Keri Lopez in Church Rock, New Mexico

115 months ago

My husband would be perfect for the warehouse/operations opening in New Mexico. However, he has tried several times to submit an online application...every time it says that there is nothing in this area, when in fact there is a job opening on Indeed as well as pbgcareers. Why is this? We have called the toll free # for Pepsi and they just say to try again. My husband is a great worker and he would enjoy working for Pepsi. He is qualified and the warehouse/operations position is right up his alley! What should we do now?? We would hate to see this job opportunity gone!! Please help! We have a resume that we can send, but where? May we send it to our local pepsi? ANY information would be greatly appreciated!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (97) / No (35) Reply - Report abuse

Ryan Scott Ironton Ohio

115 months ago

Any potions open around the Ironont Ohio area at all? [Edited by Host] Contact info deleted

Please do not post Contact info in the forums.
If you would like to set up a profile please go here to log in
www.indeed.com/my/profile

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

April in Inkster, Michigan

115 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Pepsi Bottling? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

No I do not work at Pepsi Bottling.
Word of mouth.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

Coca Cola Sales Representative

113 months ago

Thank you Pepsi for dragging your feet on hiring me. I signed on with Coca Cola last month and just received a NICE commission check. This is what happens when Pepsi does not have the professionalism to call candidates to tell them they were not selected for a position. This afternoon I visited several supermarket chains and Costco. Several supermarket chains have told me Pepsi sales representatives rarely visit the store to merchandise their products. Pepsi lost out on a huge display in front of the store. They gave me the space Pepsi would have normally occupy. I placed 100 - 12 pack Coca Cola; 70 - 12 pack Diet Coke; 50 - 12 pack Sprite and other Coca Cola drinks in that slot! And I had product shipped to a large supermarket and used up the storage space allotted to Pepsi!!! Enjoy Coca Cola products!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

Vernard Walker in Stanley, North Carolina

113 months ago

sure working with pepsi is great enjoy myself and the people. i'm a excellent understanding employee and vernard will suit the position at Pepsi.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Vernard Walker in Stanley, North Carolina

113 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Pepsi Bottling? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

yes dont give up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

-indeedhost in Austin, Texas

113 months ago

Tracy Anderson said: I am interesting in working with your company. I am a good worker and a fast learner. I believe in doing my best and I am a achiever.
The Pepsi Representative said "If you are interested in a career with Pepsi Bottling Group, please visit www.pbgcareers.com. Select the location or locations that you are interested in, select the job you would like to apply for, and submit the online application." Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

I know personally in Duluth, Georgia

113 months ago

Good Luck with Coke. I was with them for two years and recently they are laying off like crazy. I recently was offered a position with pepsi so i am putting my two weeks in with coke. Good luck because turnover is crazy there-like my plant manger says Coca Cola Enterprises (CCE) stands for Constantly Changing Environment!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

jashlieya in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

113 months ago

ajani amos said: are there any warehouse jobs in bakersfield?

you are on a different subject

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Tracy Anderson

111 months ago

I am trying to apply for a position at Pepsi in Newport News Va.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

MB in Freedomland

110 months ago

What these Fortune 500's don't get, is the troops they let go are often their best! They speak up and try to make changes. Drones just shut-up on the floor and often do sub-par work, but appear to be good worker bees. You get what you pay for ! Big Corp. Amerika blows and always will. Go into the trades or some little business, you won't get rich, but you'll retire with your sanity !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pepsi Employee

108 months ago

To those of you who wish to work for Pepsi Bottling Group or any of its affiliates, find out who the hiring managers are. For example, if you see a Pepsi merchandiser at your local grocery store, ask them who the sales manager is and get his/her name and phone number. Call them immediately and be confident about your abilities. You still have to apply online at www.pbg.com but now you have a contact in Pepsi.

Send the sales manager a copy of your resume and call them periodically to demonstrate your interest.

When you are invited to the interview, arrive 15-30 minutes BEFORE your interview to give you time to relax and collect your thoughts. Think before your start responding to the interviewers questions. Keep your responses short and to the point BUT making sure you knock them out with your qualifications. Ask for the person's business card and do not lose it. Make sure you write a thank you letter and mail it directly to this person. This will score you a lot of points.

If all goes well, you should hear from Pepsi within a few weeks. Most of all keep a positive attitude and keep an open mind.

Good luck with your career!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

davidcrosson in Port Orange, Florida

107 months ago

I WORKED for pepsi in new york and also daytona bch florida. the work is hard and there is alot of hours, the demands are very phyiscal, destroyed my knees, as well as my back.
the day to day selling was fun, but predictable, after awhile
also driving a 14-bay tractor-trailor was a chore after awhile
the money is good, i would do it again if i was younger [ 41 now]
but i would look at coke first , localy here in daytona they take care of their guys well ......anyway if youre young go for it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

kooz in Toledo, Ohio

107 months ago

I agree with David. I took a job in the warehouse with Pespi this past summer and I worked about 11-15 hours a day. Everyday was different, but it was always overtime. My first day there, I went in at 4:30 pm and got off at 9am the next morning. This is very hard work and destroyed my knees as just like David's. I also re-injured both hernia's that I had already had repaired. The doctor said the work must be hard because its almost impossible to re-tear a hernia thats already been fixed.

I am 34 and agree with David that to do this job you should be in your 20's. It is physically demanding. When I started I weighed 215. (I'm 6'3) and after one month I dropped down to 184! The turnover rate was horrible.

When they hired me they told me I would get two days off a week. My first month there I HAD to work seven days and then finally got Saturdays off...but never did get that second day off. And trust me...you'll need it.

I finally left because the $13.30/hr pay did not justify the work. I ended up getting into the pipefitters union starting off at $15/hr and will be at $32.10 after the five year apprenticeship. And, the work is not nearly as hard.

Also, there was one guy there who was constantly hi on drugs and would hide in the warehouse. Nice

Best of luck to all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

markkelly in MILTON, Florida

106 months ago

IM TRIING TO GET HIRED WITH PEPSI IN PENSACOLA FL.ANY ADVICE? I HAVE A CLASS A LEARNERS PERMIT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

larrywilliams20 in Melbourne, Florida

104 months ago

Thanks.Like others,I'm looking to change jobs. Thought Pepsi might be a good place to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mb051016 in Charlotte, North Carolina

104 months ago

I submitted my application in the IT department for a developer job. I got a call from them today that they want to have a face to face interview, I would like to know how the process would be like. Will they go very deep in to technical. PLease help me regarding this.

Thanks,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

waste of time in Danbury, Connecticut

103 months ago

I recently was offered a position of lead administrator (Pepsi's way of saying office manager) in the CT office. After being on the job hunt for quite sometime I was relieved until I received the dreaded news of my salary. When asked in the interview of my current salary I responded with $58,000, so imagine my surprise when the HR manager had the balls to offer me $37,000. Seriously!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

STACEY NIXON in Nashville, Tennessee

103 months ago

Any advice for someone trying to get

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

oscaresparza in Plainfield, Illinois

103 months ago

how can i get into pepsi. I am look for a job there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

davidphillips in BURTON, Michigan

102 months ago

i WOULD LIKE A JOB IN YOUR PEPSI PLANT AND I AM EAGER TO WORK FOR YOUR BUSSINESS AND I AM AVAILBLE FOR ANY SHIFT WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

bkfldfrebrd in Buckfield, Maine

102 months ago

I am trying to get in with PBG in the Auburn location. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get in?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

bbdavis in Waterford, Michigan

101 months ago

DOES PEPSI EVER HIRE A PERSON THATS NOT A RELATIVE OF A EMPLOYEE,or WHAT?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

daviddoherty in Mount Morris, Michigan

101 months ago

I am moving to Pikeville Ky here within the next few weeks and I am very interested in get a driving job through Pepsi Company. I have 4 years experiance driving a semi. I am working here in Michigan at this time for Stevens World Van Line. If you have a opening avaliable please contact me as soon as possible and I will be on down there. Thank you David Doherty

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

baseema66 in East Orange, New Jersey

101 months ago

I need a job somewhere in Security or Warehouse School System

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

mbooboobear77 in Westland, Michigan

101 months ago

Hi my name is Gary Martin and I was wondering if you are hiring drivers in the Detroit area

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

taureinm in Statesboro, Georgia

100 months ago

how do u start the process of the application!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jamescarron in Sebring, Florida

99 months ago

looking for job oping in avonpark fl.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jamescarron in Sebring, Florida

99 months ago

looking for a job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

davidkawino in Saint Paul, Minnesota

98 months ago

That is my real adress

98 months ago

yes must prove that he|she is the right user

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

leshoyamacon in Decatur, Georgia

98 months ago

I have applied more than once at pepsi for more than one job, and still no responce. My brother has even worked for them quite sometime and I put him down as a reference. Still nothing. How do I get on? Is there a secret? He got a job by applying online(the same way I am applying). Am I doing something wrong?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

98 months ago

Yes I did aply job online and i haventy got reply yet and I need a job

ivan borlak in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

96 months ago

who do i get in the pbg. comapany?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

stbformerpbge in Pennsylvania

96 months ago

I applied at a temp service and online.It was a no go for the online,got in threw the temp service, than I had to do the online testing, 2 or 3 Phone interviews, then a face to face interview.Kinda pain in the Rear. But it worked for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

laceishagarmon in Stone Mountain, Georgia

96 months ago

walkin

plastics in Douglasville, Georgia

96 months ago

interested in working for Pepsi .I have experience in Sig & Sidel machines and Also Aoki and Nessie machines. I would like to work for a big corporation.Also available to work any shift and not afraid of overtime.I am a U.S. Navy veteran

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ivan borlak in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

96 months ago

so how could i get a job there help me pls. thank u.

Dewey Davis Jr. in Chesapeake, Ohio

95 months ago

I would like a job at Pepsi co. warehouse. I can drive a forklift. etc. Please thanx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Toledo, Ohio

91 months ago

Last Aug I applied @ Pepsi, and in September I received a call asking if I was still interested in a position there, and they sent me to take a drug test. Then they never called. So a couple weeks went by and I call them, they told me they decided not to hire until October. So I waited, and no call. I contacted them in November and was told I would have to re-apply, and maybe they will hire in January. Well its now Feb. I just re-applied, and my fingers are crossed. I really need a job (like alot of others) I lost my job last March and am now aproaching on 1 yr without a job. I have a family to take care of.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Former Pepsi Applicant

91 months ago

Matt,Pepsi did this to me too here in S. California. They interviewed me once and the interviewer did not really give me a chance to demonstrate mny abilities. He never even asked pertinent questions concerning my background (Costco buyer).

Also, on PBGcareer site, you cannot even update your resume. You have to contact the company that processes their online application.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

keith in Las Vegas, Nevada

90 months ago

I apply online for pepsi im still waiting to here from them
what is im doing wrong. pls give advice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

smoke2034 in Merced, California

89 months ago

Keri Lopez in Church Rock, New Mexico said: My husband would be perfect for the warehouse/operations opening in New Mexico. However, he has tried several times to submit an online application...every time it says that there is nothing in this area, when in fact there is a job opening on Indeed as well as pbgcareers. Why is this? We have called the toll free # for Pepsi and they just say to try again. My husband is a great worker and he would enjoy working for Pepsi. He is qualified and the warehouse/operations position is right up his alley! What should we do now?? We would hate to see this job opportunity gone!! Please help! We have a resume that we can send, but where? May we send it to our local pepsi? ANY information would be greatly appreciated!!

I aslo went through the same thing and still nothing it always says there hiring then when you apply it say theres no openings have you found out why or how to apply to them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Beverage_slave in Hemet, California

82 months ago

Here is some advice to those that actually do get an interview, CONFIRM YOUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT WITH THE PEPSI LOCATION YOU ARE INTERVIEWING AT. This is what happened to me: I rec'd a PEPSI BOTTLING GROUP JOB OPPORTUNITY UPDATE and applied for it, then a week later, I rec'd an email that they were going to do the phone interview (which really isn't an interview, they just confirm your information and tell you how much the position pays) and they told me to expect an email in the near future that would allow me to schedule a face-to-face interview, so I did that. I drove from my work in Anaheim, to the Riverside facility, and had to ask for time off to do so. I get to the Pepsi gate and guess what, no one answered the gate because the receptionist had already gone home!!! After about half an hour of sitting there, trying to get a hold of someone to no avail, I decided I'd call that pepsi job hotline number and explain to them the situation. No one answered, so I left a message. The next day, I did not receive a call back so I called them. I explained to them the situation and the woman who I was speaking to said "I understand that sir, your interview was removed for a later time." Huh? I drove 45 minutes out of my way, asked for time off and the interview was rescheduled and you didn't even tell me?!?!?! "Okay, so what time is it rescheduled for" I ask, and of course, the answer is "well, it doesn't say at this time but when and if it comes up, you will receive an email." What?!?! Are you kidding me? I drove 45 minutes out of my way, requested time off from my current place of employment, only to be rescheduled without being told, and being rescheduled to a date and time that might never exist? What a joke! So learn from me and call and ensure that you are scheduled for an interview, don't waste your time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.