How to get a job at Pepsi Bottling.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 159)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

An in Bakersfield, California

63 months ago

Dapo Makanjuola in Atlanta, Georgia said: I am looking for my long term childhood friend with the name Amos Ajani, is this him or just a name sake?

If you can just answer the following question for me:
Where are you from?
Where in the states, do you live?
Where do you know me from?

Thank you,
Dapo

Westlake,ca
Don't know u
But on face book u can find the guy u lookn 4

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

me2 in Las Vegas, Nevada

57 months ago

Leshoya Macon in Decatur, Georgia said: I have applied more than once at pepsi for more than one job, and still no responce. My brother has even worked for them quite sometime and I put him down as a reference. Still nothing. How do I get on? Is there a secret? He got a job by applying online(the same way I am applying). Am I doing something wrong?

my husband applied twice and still no damn nothing :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

AB in Modesto, California

57 months ago

AB in Modesto, California said: I just applied at Pepsi online. I saw the job here on indeed. I was actually very skeptical because I never see them hiring and they asked for a lot of personal information including my social. I applied anyway and within a week got an email to schedule a phone interview. When they called for the interview they told me about the position, which is the merchandiser position, and then asked me 3 questions. #1 Name a time when you went above and beyond expectations, #2 Tell me about a time where you were ablle to maintain a good attitude even though things weren't going your way, #3 Name a time when you made a mistake and what you did to learn from it. As your answering they're typing your answers. At the end she asked me to attend a face to face interview, which they dicide to ask based on your answers. When I went to my face to face they asked me some questions like why I want to work for Pepsi, what are my ultimate goals, etc... Then he told me that the job was very very hard and if I was up for the challenge they would bring me on. I of course said yes, but this is a part time seasonal job which means it starts in May ends in October (they could keep you after that depending on need and performance) and they do not guarentee you will be hired back the next season, you must reapply. It is long hours thought and it's only called part time because it's temporary. I believe one of the reasons they hired me is because of the town I live in. He said they did not have any merchandisers in my town or some of the neighboring towns and I could easily travel to them. Which they like because they pay gas milege. So I guess you would be more likely to get an interview if you live in an area where they don't already have someone. Anyway that was last Thursday that I applied and today, Tuesday, they called to set up my physical and drug test (which you must do within 48 hours accepting their job offer). After that I will have to wait for my

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

AB in Modesto, California said:

I would also like to state that I am a 21 year old female who went to the interview where professional attire, heels, and fake nails and they still hired me. Although he did state that this is a very physically demanding job and usually guys do it. This was also the first time I have ever applied for Pepsi.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Nate Urk in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

57 months ago

AB have you started the job yet? i actually just got hired on as a merchandiser as well.. so far so good. It is pretty physical however, i think a girl can handle it as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

No I took the drug and physical test today. Did you have to do it? If so did you keep your heart rate down and make it to the second and third part of the stepping?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

I never had to take a physical. I had to pass a background check and a urine test though. I guess many pepsi's have their own ways of hiring and the process they go through.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Any luck AB ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

enawgaw in Lake Stevens, Washington

52 months ago

HI this is enawgaw teka

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

MTHOM in Pennsylvania

50 months ago

I am trying to get a job in the Philadelphia,PA area. Anyone have any advice or some sort of insight? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

SideLoadDriver in Honolulu, Hawaii

50 months ago

keith in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I apply online for pepsi im still waiting to here from them
what is im doing wrong. pls give advice.

Pepsi is gathering all the applications this can take 2 months it can and will call to set up a phone interview. They base applications qualifications and experience. Next they will e-mail you to set up a phone interview. If they like what they hear, then you will recieve another e-mail( You amy also log into www.pbg.com to check for messages) stating the next hiring step which is a face to face interview with the Pepsi plant in your area.If they like your qualifications and answer well, then watch your e-mail. If selected you will be contacted by the offer team. They will make a contingent offer of employment. Then they will schedule an strenght test/cardio test, also a puc physical a drug test, as well as a backround check. Once they get the results and you suceesfully pass these tests, physical and backround check. Then the plant will call you to come in for job orientation. The time lapse for all this can take up to 4mos mind you. So be patient and don't expect it all to happen in a month or less. As for me. My qualifications matched there's because I used to work for there competition.... Coca-Cola Enterprises now Coca-Cola Refresh.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

MTHOM in Pennsylvania said: I am trying to get a job in the Philadelphia,PA area. Anyone have any advice or some sort of insight? Thanks!

What kind of job did you apply for? Driver? I can help you there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

Nate Urk in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina said: I never had to take a physical. I had to pass a background check and a urine test though. I guess many pepsi's have their own ways of hiring and the process they go through.

That's the industry standard. Unless you work for a private bottler. Maybe you can get away with not doing these things.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

AB in Modesto, California said: No I took the drug and physical test today. Did you have to do it? If so did you keep your heart rate down and make it to the second and third part of the stepping?

So did you pass? Heart rate good? Strength test? Drug test? Backround check? Are working there now?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

MTHOM in Pennsylvania said: I am trying to get a job in the Philadelphia,PA area. Anyone have any advice or some sort of insight? Thanks!

Be patient. Pepsi is going to gather all the applicants and sort them out. The one's they pick they will call to set up a phone interview. This can take 2months or more depends on how long the add is out for the job openin. Do you have a experience in the beverage industry?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

husam aqel in Hyattsville, Maryland said: I have 5 yer's OTR driving seeking local job at pepsi.

Good luck. I hope you're in good shape. I had 5 years OTR but also 5 years delivery driver experience with Coca-Cola Enterpises.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

They made the monetary offer on the phone interview based on my experience. Pretty close to what I was being paid at Coca-Cola. I accepted and did all the tests and backround check. Wait time I was given 7-10 days. I pray I get it for sure...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

Beverage_slave in Hemet, California said: Here is some advice to those that actually do get an interview, CONFIRM YOUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT WITH THE PEPSI LOCATION YOU ARE INTERVIEWING AT. This is what happened to me: I rec'd a PEPSI BOTTLING GROUP JOB OPPORTUNITY UPDATE and applied for it, then a week later, I rec'd an email that they were going to do the phone interview (which really isn't an interview, they just confirm your information and tell you how much the position pays) and they told me to expect an email in the near future that would allow me to schedule a face-to-face interview, so I did that. I drove from my work in Anaheim, to the Riverside facility, and had to ask for time off to do so. I get to the Pepsi gate and guess what, no one answered the gate because the receptionist had already gone home!!! After about half an hour of sitting there, trying to get a hold of someone to no avail, I decided I'd call that pepsi job hotline number and explain to them the situation. No one answered, so I left a message. The next day, I did not receive a call back so I called them. I explained to them the situation and the woman who I was speaking to said "I understand that sir, your interview was removed for a later time." Huh? I drove 45 minutes out of my way, asked for time off and the interview was rescheduled and you didn't even tell me?!?!?! "Okay, so what time is it rescheduled for" I ask, and of course, the answer is "well, it doesn't say at this time but when and if it comes up, you will receive an email." What?!?! Are you kidding me? I drove 45 minutes out of my way, requested time off from my current place of employment, only to be rescheduled without being told, and being rescheduled to a date and time that might never exist? What a joke! So learn from me and call and ensure that you are scheduled for an interview, don't waste your time.

If I were you I would've called the canidate care team back stating the circumstances.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

Yes I was notified today to attend the Job orientation on Tuesday, have to bring my current puc medical card, ssn, driver's license and a current driver's abstract. Thanks be to the Lord. Was fired at Coca-Cola Sept 16, 2010 and now hired at Pepsi Bottling Company. It's better here cause they are organized and treat their employees with more respect. Hired at PBG Dec 28, 2010. Follow my leads guys if you want to become a driver. Helps to have any kind of experience in the beverage industry even if you deliver water. The workload is heavy and extereme but well worth it methinks. Good luck to all. If you need my advice don't hesitate to respond to this. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

AB in Modesto, California said: No I took the drug and physical test today. Did you have to do it? If so did you keep your heart rate down and make it to the second and third part of the stepping?

My heart rate was fine. Just went through stage 1 of the 3 min stepping test. If you don't do well the 1st time then u go to the 2nd stage or third if must be. I'd do a little cardio exercise on the side before you test or be in some kind of shape. As for me I used to work for Coca-Cola so I was in physical shape.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

sodacan in fort lee, New Jersey

49 months ago

Just started working at Pepsi. It's awesome!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JaLesia in Macomb, Michigan

44 months ago

Hello; I was wondering how long did it take for you to get a email about a face to face interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Modesto, California

44 months ago

I'm trying to remember but I believe I got an email within 2 weeks and from that you call and set up a phone interview. If the phone intervew goes well they set up a face to face interview. At the face to face if they decide to hire you you have to do a physical abilities test and a drug screen. I don't remember if they called or emailed with the PAT and drug screen appointment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

diego in Riverside, California

43 months ago

About a month ago I applied for a sales rep relief/ metch position and took a few weeks to receive an email offering me a phone interview (in which they simply go through your basic information and then tell you about the position and if its Something you'd be ok with. At the end of the phone interview they set me interview face to face interview at the Pepsi plant. That's as far I've gone I had an interview and am just waiting to hear from them. Anybody have the same experience? And about how long did the process take? I'm really praying I get this opportunity. Any advice or info would help thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chopperdoc352 in Brooksville, Florida

42 months ago

For whats its worth to anyone out there, DONT waste your time in trying to go to work for Pepsi. ALL that you will get is the run around, and Pepsi is real for posting jobs that do not exist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

sodacan in fort lee, New Jersey

42 months ago

diego in Riverside, California said: About a month ago I applied for a sales rep relief/ metch position and took a few weeks to receive an email offering me a phone interview (in which they simply go through your basic information and then tell you about the position and if its Something you'd be ok with. At the end of the phone interview they set me interview face to face interview at the Pepsi plant. That's as far I've gone I had an interview and am just waiting to hear from them. Anybody have the same experience? And about how long did the process take? I'm really praying I get this opportunity. Any advice or info would help thanks.

I worked for Pepsi as a Sales Rep. After the face to face interview, you should get a contigency offer via email the following week. If 2 weeks pass, more than likely they selected somebody else. The process is pretty quick, once they made a decision.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Da man

41 months ago

diego in Riverside, California said: About a month ago I applied for a sales rep relief/ metch position and took a few weeks to receive an email offering me a phone interview (in which they simply go through your basic information and then tell you about the position and if its Something you'd be ok with. At the end of the phone interview they set me interview face to face interview at the Pepsi plant. That's as far I've gone I had an interview and am just waiting to hear from them. Anybody have the same experience? And about how long did the process take? I'm really praying I get this opportunity. Any advice or info would help thanks.

Did you ever hear from them about the position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

askercunanan@yahoo.com in Ashfield, Australia

39 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Pepsi Bottling? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

I work for Pepsi for about 7 years as territory manager in San Fernando Plant philippines. I found the job in website www.indeed.com.I was Interview last 2004.and I'am seeking for a job in australia to support my living.

hockeyfan in Hallowell, Maine

39 months ago

I had my physical test today and did not make it to the second phase of the stepping test. Does that mean I am automatically done or can I still get the position?

dhamilton in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

38 months ago

If you failed the stepping test they will not advance you to the next phase. That test is to see if your heart is healthy enough to do the work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Carterville, Illinois

38 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Pepsi Bottling? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

My suggestion, this isn't 100% Grantuee.

I have applied twice then somewhere in that line. Last interview I went face to face then he was going to hire me as Truck Driver, He ask to take my wallet out so he can see my license, then he told me this situation if I had my CDL, he would hire me. I was being honest that I was arrested for couple misdemeanors. Now as today, I decide to send out Cover Letter and Resume to Pepsi Human Resouce Managment, I have email from them in same day, ask me come directly to their office for interview. Try typing out Cover Letter and Resume to your locate Pepsi for Human Resouce Management. I will come back next few week to let you know how things goes after my interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

rustyfile in Swansea, Illinois

38 months ago

Yes,
Be honest, dont be unsafe nor wreckless as I have a close friend thats worked there for many years.
He happens to work as a shop mechanic. Been there for years. He tells me of all the accidents you young people cause driving those cola trucks around.
Most were preventable accidents.
Ive been an owner operator for several years now and shake my head as my friend tells me of these horror stories of the youth of today that work as drivers for Pepsi in Marion, IL.

I always wonder how this company stays in operation with the amount of preventable accidents.

Mark in Carterville, Illinois

38 months ago

rustyfile in Swansea, Illinois said: Yes,
Be honest, dont be unsafe nor wreckless as I have a close friend thats worked there for many years.
He happens to work as a shop mechanic. Been there for years. He tells me of all the accidents you young people cause driving those cola trucks around.
Most were preventable accidents.
Ive been an owner operator for several years now and shake my head as my friend tells me of these horror stories of the youth of today that work as drivers for Pepsi in Marion, IL.

I always wonder how this company stays in operation with the amount of preventable accidents.

You're the driver, I hear you and believe on your close friend but something he might be missing. I wonder if drivers want to prevent something on their health issue such as for example, seizures. How can they prevent this situation on their CDL? I think we all in U.S. got this mess up system. I've seen youth to senior drivers get these kind of accidents, and also you might know about this one. Senior driver was backing up to the dock, and guy who help this driver to backup into dock then got himself ran over and killed by an driver. They didn't even arrest or nothing on this driver, I don't understand the whole system .. Are they suppose to be kind of thing where they could take his CDL away because of someone death, fine, lose a job? This could be label as NON-preventable driver. Afterall, I heard he quit the job and move into california from Marion. I still don't undertand this system

SodaGuy in Bronx, New York

36 months ago

Well I just recieved my contingency offer from pepsi, now the I have to take some drug and physical test. Afterwards the Orientation, well keep applying everyone. Its not easy but you def can get it. PS: It really does help if you know someone who works there that can vouch for you, that really helps a lot to get a position there. Good Luck!!!

hugweneer in Las Vegas, Nevada

32 months ago

me2 in Las Vegas, Nevada said: my husband applied twice and still no damn nothing :(

i applying about 20 times ......i fell your pain ....its a inside thing i think

z in North Port, Florida

30 months ago

Any advice for someone trying to get in?[/QUOTE

keep calling & and calling no matter how much you don't want too

Man in Irvine, California

30 months ago

Had physical today only made it to 2nd stage step test and the guy wouldn't let me pick up more weights on the strength test :/. I don't I I'm going to get the job . Would anyone know how far you have to get in the physical test. P.S. I was nervouse that's why I failed the step test heart rate went up. I run almost everyday.

Man in Irvine, California

30 months ago

hockeyfan in Hallowell, Maine said: I had my physical test today and did not make it to the second phase of the stepping test. Does that mean I am automatically done or can I still get the position?

Did you end up getting hired??

30 months ago

Hey this the bay delivery driver hired about 19 months ago when I was fired from coca-cola. How do you know you failed your step test? The person conducting the test doesn't know this. Fortunately for me I was already in shape and past stage 1 when I got the physical. If you fail then stage 2 if fail again stage 3 then they call it. At least thats what they told me if I fail stage 1 If you didn't pass it try again... re-apply. This get in some kind of shape. Fast before you do the step/weight test no caffeine or anything that affects your heart.

Man in Anaheim, California

30 months ago

SideLoadDriver in Honolulu, Hawaii said: Hey this the bay delivery driver hired about 19 months ago when I was fired from coca-cola. How do you know you failed your step test? The person conducting the test doesn't know this. Fortunately for me I was already in shape and past stage 1 when I got the physical. If you fail then stage 2 if fail again stage 3 then they call it. At least thats what they told me if I fail stage 1 If you didn't pass it try again... re-apply. This get in some kind of shape. Fast before you do the step/weight test no caffeine or anything that affects your heart.

The way they explained it to me was that there are 3 stages and in every stage the pace increases. Stages 1 and 2 my heart rate had to stay under 126. 1st stage I pass 114 then moved on to 2nd stage which I went over 126. He did not know what was pass or fail so he couldn't tell me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jrbug88 in Baltimore, Maryland

22 months ago

Hello, how do you know if pepsi didn't hire you after face to face interview? It has been two weeks and they are now hiring again should I put in new app

Island Driver in Honolulu, Hawaii

22 months ago

jrbug88 in Baltimore, Maryland said: Hello, how do you know if pepsi didn't hire you after face to face interview? It has been two weeks and they are now hiring again should I put in new app[/QUOTE

monitor your e-mail for the next step. They will come back with contingent offer of employment... then they will schedule your physical, drug test... be patient

22 months ago

I got a email of rejection do I have to reapply. Or is my application still good

22 months ago

Man in Anaheim, California said: The way they explained it to me was that there are 3 stages and in every stage the pace increases. Stages 1 and 2 my heart rate had to stay under 126. 1st stage I pass 114 then moved on to 2nd stage which I went over 126. He did not know what was pass or fail so he couldn't tell me.

Did you get hired???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

Will I get a letter in the mail if I didn't get the job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

jrbug88 in Baltimore, Maryland said: I got a email of rejection do I have to reapply. Or is my application still good

Wow! Why did they reject your application?I'm sure they stated the reason.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

jrbug88 in Baltimore, Maryland said: Will I get a letter in the mail if I didn't get the job?

What kind of job are you applying for at
Pepsi Bottling Company???

22 months ago

jrbug88 in Baltimore, Maryland said: I got a email of rejection do I have to reapply. Or is my application still good

Nope... they rejected you. Do you have a CDL class A???

22 months ago

No. Here is what it says on website
Mar 6, 2013 01:15 am EDT

Warehouse Person (Loader) - Full Time/Evenings Silver Spring, MD

Thank you for your interest in a position with Pepsi Beverages Company. While your background has many impressive aspects, we have selected candidates who more closely fit our current business needs. Again, thank you for the time you've invested in Pepsi Beverages Company hiring process. • Application date: Mar 10, 2013 09:24 am EDT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

Loader Is the job I want more then anything. What can I do? It's in Maryland silver spring any ideas I want and need a good career and no CDL.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.