2 year grooming contract

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Kimmy in Denver, Colorado

75 months ago

if i go to the academy and sign the 2 year contract. the grooming salon manager said if i end up not liking it, i could do other parts of the store for the remainder of the contract such as cashiering or just bathing. so my question is....what about banfield the pet hospital. is that another option since they are inside of petsmart or are they totally seperate? if i am not happy grooming or cashiering, i would like to work for the banfield part. is this an option to finish up the 2 year contract?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Justalilbit in Phoenix, Arizona

66 months ago

Kimmy in Denver, Colorado said: if i go to the academy and sign the 2 year contract. the grooming salon manager said if i end up not liking it, i could do other parts of the store for the remainder of the contract such as cashiering or just bathing. so my question is....what about banfield the pet hospital. is that another option since they are inside of petsmart or are they totally seperate? if i am not happy grooming or cashiering, i would like to work for the banfield part. is this an option to finish up the 2 year contract?

Banfield as you should know necessarily isn't part of the payroll of Petsmart, it's a separate entity of the store, notice how they have separate phones and etc? yeah... its not likely.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ally tay in loveland, Colorado

66 months ago

honestly, so many people have left before their contract up. someone once left to go to petco, printed out a list of her clients and told them where she was going, my manager tried to get something done but corporate did nothing. an other one opened her own shop about 2 miles from the salon and nothing was done.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

justanothergroomer in Chicago, Illinois

35 months ago

ive worked for petsmart for alittle over 3 yrs! my contract is up in november and i honestly cant stand to be with the company anymore! between tellin me that i would b the next salon manager to writing me up twice in 2 months because other employees were accusing me of things i wasnt doing!! i honestly want to apply down the road at the petco over even one of the six other grooming salons around me! but im honestly scared that they will come after me!! is there ways around it so i can get out of this terrible job????? since our salon manager left and we have a new store manager i dont know whats gonna happen next and with having a four year old that im raising by myself i cant afford for them to come after me but also cant keep dealing with this bull and not even commission out anymore!!! please help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

creative one in central, Florida

35 months ago

If you have Problems in the salon with getting along with one another it may be a human resource issue. No one should be harassed. pet smart should be a great atmosphere to work in, grooming is stressful enough. Any drama, unprofessional-ism and bad workmanship is not acceptable. It should be taken care of, cause it always gets worse if no one says anything. Corporate want every salon to be safe and successful. Evey salon should have a happy team with patience to get the job done daily! Happier Groomers= Happier pets and pet parents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

RLizG in Marietta, Georgia

35 months ago

PetSmart has become more diligent about "going after" their training investment for people who break their contract. This is in line with the "Grow Services" portion of the mission statement.Also, they can sue you personally if you print out a client list. I don't advise it. Stick out your contract. Transfer stores or call your DM if you continue to be unhappy. As long as I have worked for PetSmart, I can tell you that calling the caresmart line usually has backfired on the caller. Your DM or human resources person (both listed on breakroom poster) are absolutely your best bets AFTER talking to your salon and store managers. Be a professional about it and follow chain of command. Also, the grooming salon is a dramatic place. Give it two weeks and see how you feel.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

justanothergroomer in Chicago, Illinois

34 months ago

i have til nov 14 til im done with my two years and we dont have a salon manager and the store manager is the one going after me with all this bull crap stuff i supposely done! and now the promised me the salon manager position and gave it to sumone else last minute!! i think my time has come to find a new job. im not making any money there anymore after they brought in two more groomers for a salon that only has a plan for 3000 a week! thank you very much

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

silverangel937 in Colorado Springs, Colorado

32 months ago

justanothergroomer in Chicago, Illinois said: ive worked for petsmart for alittle over 3 yrs! my contract is up in november and i honestly cant stand to be with the company anymore! between tellin me that i would b the next salon manager to writing me up twice in 2 months because other employees were accusing me of things i wasnt doing!! i honestly want to apply down the road at the petco over even one of the six other grooming salons around me! but im honestly scared that they will come after me!! is there ways around it so i can get out of this terrible job????? since our salon manager left and we have a new store manager i dont know whats gonna happen next and with having a four year old that im raising by myself i cant afford for them to come after me but also cant keep dealing with this bull and not even commission out anymore!!! please help

hi im in the exact same boat. im coming up to working withe petsmart for my 4th year and ill have been grooming for 3 1/2 as of this coming feb 2012. i want to quit but i have the same fears as you do/did. what happened if you dont mind me asking? were you able to find a loop hole? please let me know!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Crazygroom in Mattoon, Illinois

8 months ago

I worked at one for a year and they did not give me my training when I came back from grooming academy under a salon manager or groomer... Can I leave ? I also have a copy of the contract on me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.