Is bather hourly and groomer commission a live-able pay or is it rough?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

alldogsgotoheaven1984 in Loveland, Colorado

68 months ago

Is bather hourly and groomer commission a live-able pay or is it rough?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

doglover78 in Moreno Valley, California

68 months ago

I applied for a job at Petsmart to learn dog grooming. Is it worth it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DONNASALESEXEC in CARTERSVILLE, Georgia

68 months ago

Bather-$7 to $8 per hour
After school Groomer will make 50 % of what they produce $30,000 to $60,000 depending on how busy the location is

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gagroomer in Georgia

64 months ago

alldogsgotoheaven1984 in Loveland, Colorado said: Is bather hourly and groomer commission a live-able pay or is it rough?

NO. those figures are off. I work in an Atlanta Petsmart and I only make about 350 a week as a full time groomer. add that up.

all I can say is that you can make 30,000 or 60,000 of 16,000 and none of it is bankable. talk with your groomers ask them what they have made in the last 8 weeks. that is the only way to gauge what you will make in each store. even if you make a decent amount of money all they have to do is decide your salon needs more groomers and all the sudden you go from sharing 100 dogs between 7 groomers instead of 5. If you want to groom, groom. Do it because you want to don't do because your banking on the money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Heather Champagne in southgate, Michigan

56 months ago

Gagroomer in Georgia said: NO. those figures are off. I work in an Atlanta Petsmart and I only make about 350 a week as a full time groomer. add that up.

all I can say is that you can make 30,000 or 60,000 of 16,000 and none of it is bankable. talk with your groomers ask them what they have made in the last 8 weeks. that is the only way to gauge what you will make in each store. even if you make a decent amount of money all they have to do is decide your salon needs more groomers and all the sudden you go from sharing 100 dogs between 7 groomers instead of 5. If you want to groom, groom. Do it because you want to don't do because your banking on the money.

This is also true for my location. I have heard that some PetSmart salon groomers make a killing but it is correct that the company seems to think 'more groomers, more money', but really it only means that every groomer takes home less because they are all fighting for dogs. It's quite miserable, and you sign a two year contract when they send you to grooming school. So if you end up hating it, you're stuck there. In any case, no it's not a liveable pay in my opinion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.