PetSmart News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does PetSmart stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

Anon in Germantown, Maryland

87 months ago

Actually where I live, Petsmart is doing much better than Petco, the competition. I worked at Petco and let me tell you, even with the 20% discount the prices evened out to about the same as Petsmart's without a discount. I always found Petsmart was better staffed, they had more variety of pets to sell, and the store was much larger and cleaner than Petco. I heard they don't treat their staff too well..but when it comes to retail, Who does? The pay was supposedly better too. I was hired at $8.00/hr full time at Petco went up to $9.25 only after being made manager. Petsmart employees have told me they start at anywhere from $9-$11!!! Sounds good to me. I live in Maryland, Mont Co. btw..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Alex K. in Chicago, Illinois

87 months ago

PetSmart has made great strides to follow and respond to the needs of pet owners of all types of pets. Over the past 20 years, PetSmart has developed into a leading company with 908 stores and growing, and continues to look for new and innovative ways to provide for their customers. PetSmart has expanded their stores to provide adoption, positive reinforcement training, grooming, veterinary, hotel boarding, and product services in most stores. As long as PetSmart continue to follow the perspective of Total Lifetime Care for each customer's pet, PetSmart seems sure to thrive for the next 20 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Andy in AZ in Goodyear, Arizona

74 months ago

I don't know what Petsmarts problem is. They have been advertisiing for an Inventory Control Manager for what seems like forever. Must not be a good place to work from what I can tell.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rosco jenkins in Scottsdale, Arizona

63 months ago

Petsmart is not a good company to work for. I worked there for 1 year and so does everyone else. When I intervied it was with 9 different people and half of them had been there for less than one year. Now most of them are gone like me. Don't get me wrong there are a few that have been around for a while but the are yes men/women. The whole culture is based on who can go to the most meetings and get the least amount of work done.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.