Petsmart Interview Process

Comments (3)

Sarah&Clementine in Sioux City, Iowa

52 months ago

I applied online for a job at PetSmart about a week ago, and two days later went to the store to speak with a manager. She pulled up my application and told me to come in for an interview the next day. She told me honestly that she needs employees. I had my interview with a different manager who seemed to really like me. He was impressed with how many different pets I've raised and we spent a lot of the interview more chatting than interviewing. So he told me he would probably call me on Monday if I got the job. (This was a Thursday.) It's six o'clock on Monday night and I haven't heard from anyone yet. If I got the job, is it possible he'll call me later than he said? If he doesn't, is it wierd if I call him to ask? And if he does, what's the next step to getting the job? I really like the environment there and the interview felt like it went really well. I'd just like to know if I should start looking for something else.

Tess in Irving, Texas

50 months ago

It seems to be the way these pet chains operate, as well as most businesses today. I had a manager tell me he'd call me next week. A week passed and so I called him, as I just wanted to know if it was still a possibility (even down the road) or not. I was told, "Oh, yes! I'm so sorry -- I'm right in the middle of something. But I will call you RIGHT back."

So I waited for 3-4 hours by the phone and there was no phone call. Then a few more days and still no phone call.

I'd at least appreciate someone saying, "I'm sorry, I've decided to offer the job to someone else; We don't really feel your background is right for the position at this time," ect., ect.

But don't expect to get that courtesy.

From what I can see, unless they are calling YOU, you're not getting the job. And I wouldn't hold my breath waiting, especially if you call and get strung along with no kind of indicator on how it might proceed.

I've found this is how most employers operate. I don't know if they're deliberately being mean, or if they figure this is a way to let you down without having to hear the disappointment in your voice. Either way, it's unprofessional. Just tell people the truth and give them a time frame for when a final decision will be made. If that time frame passes, then you know you didn't get the job.

winniecooper in New York

49 months ago

it takes time ,you could call the store manager foran update

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.