Tranferring after Academy

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

mellybelly in Huntsville, Alabama

104 months ago

I still have to take my practical, so I'm not sure about whether or not I'll have to go to the academy. I know you have to sign a two-year contract, but what havppens if my husband gets stationed somewhere else. Could I transfer to another store and not have to pay back the tuition? Do they have a clause in the contract for military folks. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

survivor in Baiting Hollow, New York

103 months ago

Your post is not clear to me. Are you a groomer already and PS is willing to let you take a technical to see if they will hire you as one? I can explain a little better if I understand where you are coming from.
As far as the 2 yr contract I am sure you could transfer and fulfill the obligation.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Heather in Millersville, Maryland

103 months ago

My daughter just had a baby. She has 8 weeks left to fulfill her Petsmart grooming contract. She cannot find someone to watch the baby evenings. She told her manager she could only work weekdays, between the hours of 7 am. and 6 pm. The manager told her that would not work, she has to make herself avail. for all shifts. If she can't find a sitter, how is she going to be able to work, and fulfill this contract?

Reply - Report abuse

juflier10 in Maryland

103 months ago

Heather in Millersville, Maryland said: My daughter just had a baby. She has 8 weeks left to fulfill her Petsmart grooming contract. She cannot find someone to watch the baby evenings. She told her manager she could only work weekdays, between the hours of 7 am. and 6 pm. The manager told her that would not work, she has to make herself avail. for all shifts. If she can't find a sitter, how is she going to be able to work, and fulfill this contract?

well that sounds like her manager is being retarded under the circumstances. i would go above the salon manager and talk with the store manager and try and talk something out...if that doesn't get anywhere call up your DM...there should be a number to contact him in the break room (chain of command).

Reply - Report abuse

Heather in Millersville, Maryland

103 months ago

Thank you. She has given them her 'all' and frequently closed for them, did her best while pregnant "out to here" and was valued when she worked back here in Maryland. I think they are treating her shoddily where she is.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.