bathers-is it true that they start as a cashier before becoming full time in the salon?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Kimmy in Denver, Colorado

76 months ago

the petsmart who interviewed me said they only have part time as a bather position but offered a cashier position to make it a full time job. this happened at the last petsmart i interviwed for a bather position. is it true that you must start off as a cashier to get into the bathing or is that store by store? what is it like being a cashier-what else do you do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

juflier10 in Silver Spring, Maryland

76 months ago

Kimmy in Denver, Colorado said: the petsmart who interviewed me said they only have part time as a bather position but offered a cashier position to make it a full time job. this happened at the last petsmart i interviwed for a bather position. is it true that you must start off as a cashier to get into the bathing or is that store by store? what is it like being a cashier-what else do you do?

no, absolutely not. bathers are completely separate from cashier positions. they are part of the salon associates. it sounds like at the store you went to that if you wanted full-time you could be a cashier only.

as to what it's like to being a cashier, it's not bad at all. i've been with PetSmart for about 3-4months and i've already recieved a pay raise and soon to becoming a lead cashier. i love it. besides cashiering, you will probably be stocking on slower days. if you are the only scheduled cashier, you'll do stuff close to the register so you can see if anyone walks up to it. on days where more than one is scheduled, you will more than likely be stocking or doing whatever the managers tell you to do (cart runs, we also are in charge of cleaning the cat room at our store, etc.) it's a great environment, and i couldn't have asked for a better p/t job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cindy D in Virginia Beach, Virginia

75 months ago

I don't see the position of bather saying anything about cashiering. thats dissapointing that your petsmart has put you through that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

juflier10 in Maryland

75 months ago

Cindy D in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: I don't see the position of bather saying anything about cashiering. thats dissapointing that your petsmart has put you through that.

again, it sounds like at that particular store, to be FULL TIME, you must be a cashier NOT a bather, and PART TIME as a bather...so you pick either or, it's nothing to do with becoming a cashier before being a bather

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cyndi W in Wilmington, North Carolina

75 months ago

It seems they just don't have any full time bather positions open.....So, if you wanted to work full time, you could supplement w/cashiering. I've been w/PS since last Aug. & love it. I'm in the process of changing from part to full time since more has opened up.
Good luck!!

juflier10 in Maryland

75 months ago

Cyndi W in Wilmington, North Carolina said: It seems they just don't have any full time bather positions open.....So, if you wanted to work full time, you could supplement w/cashiering. I've been w/PS since last Aug. & love it. I'm in the process of changing from part to full time since more has opened up.
Good luck!!

exactly

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.