Anyone who works at petsmart-- ? Drug test-- DID I GET HIRED? :)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Storm Doberman in Kings Mountain, North Carolina

17 months ago

So, Petsmart is opening at new location in our area, and to be honest- I was VERY excited. The closest one had been a county away, even though I was an avid visitor- I didn't want that commute to work. I have quite a few years of manager experience, but in order to assure I got a job, I simply applied for cashier. I only need something part time right now- so I figured that was my best shot.

Long story short, I applied, got called a week later- and yesterday, had my interview. It went GREAT and I spoke with both managers while there. The head manager continued to tell me how impressed she was with my vocational and people skills, as well as how outgoing I was. She said she was VERY much looking forward to talking with me again. I stood up, and was shaking her hand- and she continued talking about our pets (we had been doing that throughout the entire interview), and then handed me a 'chain of command' paper and told me I had 24 hours to take my drug test.. which I am doing today at 2PM. She explained pay, benefits, and how she wanted to train me for a floor manager- not a cashier- and went on to say she couldn't officially offer me a job until she called me back with the results of my drug test.... I told her there would be NO issue with the drug test, and she smiled and said in that case she'd be talking to me on Monday or Tuesday...

Pretty much just wanting to know everyone else experience with Petsmart and ESPECIALLY new stores and how that works. Also wanting to know, if I didn't have the job (barring I pass the before mentioned drug test), would they bother sending me to take a drug test? She said they would begin training second week in April.... Store opens in May.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RLizG in PETSMART! HOORAY!

16 months ago

New stores are tricky. Call and ask the manager. There may have been an internal candidate front another store that the dm had planned for the spot, they may have pushed out the opening day....opening a new store can be quite ambiguous. Dont stress out with guessing games. Call and ask.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.