Don't work for PetSmart

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 136 of 136)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

ortty41 in somewhere, Minnesota

55 months ago

How old do yu have to be to work at petsmart? I cant find it on there site.Im 16 and i want a better job.I have worked at Mc Donalds since i was 14 and im so sick of it. The petsmart im looking at is in coon rapids minnesota by the way if that helps. I just want a job working with animals sand at least to get out of Mc Donalds. THANKS!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dan Offenbacher in Rochester, Michigan

55 months ago

I am blessed to be an employee at a great store. Great managers, awesome staff overall, and our customers are kind and polite, even returning carts and picking up their own animals waste! We opened June 2008 and it's been a slow but steady start to attract customers. We are the second of two stores in our area, the other being older and being in a more centrally located area. It's just bizarre to me how out of 20 some stores in the same district, they're all different. The store five miles from us smells funky and gets horrible customer service. I walked through the pet care department one time and nothing was faced, the animals habitats were trashed and looked like they hadn't been cleaned for a long time, and the fish tanks were slimy and had floaters all over.

Now, being a pet care associate I really care about the animals at our store. But our pet suppliers suck. PetSmart's "vet assured" program is UTTER BULLCRAP. AT LEAST one animal out of our shipments is ill, or dies within a day in the new arrival room. Out of five sliders we got in last week, three had shell rot and some other unknown disease, and two have died so far. You'd think that PetSmart would change suppliers or something, but they don't. My Pet Care Manager is one of the coolest women alive. She cares about the department and the animals even though she was just tossed in the position without much training. When we had three birds die on us, she actually teared up a little. I think it's great that my manager's care. Our store manager and operations manager work together to make our store a great place to work at. Almost all of the employees get along. We have a few knuckleheads that will eventually end up quitting I'm sure.

So for those of you who have had bad experiences with PetSmart while working there, I'm sorry for your experience! I feel blessed to have such a great store and to be able to come to work without hating my job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dan Offenbacher in Rochester, Michigan

55 months ago

It's always worth a try by applying to PetSmart. For those of you who may be reading these posts in order to get an idea of how it is working at PetSmart, don't let all the negative comments discourage you. There may be some bad stores, but there are also good ones too. It's the luck of the draw I suppose. If it's really bad you could always just quit. I truly am grateful to be part of such a great team at my store.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

2Legit2Legit2Quit in Ohio

54 months ago

Dan Offenbacher in Rochester, Michigan said: I am blessed to be an employee at a great store. Great managers, awesome staff overall, and our customers are kind and polite, even returning carts and picking up their own animals waste! We opened June 2008 and it's been a slow but steady start to attract customers. We are the second of two stores in our area, the other being older and being in a more centrally located area. It's just bizarre to me how out of 20 some stores in the same district, they're all different. The store five miles from us smells funky and gets horrible customer service. I walked through the pet care department one time and nothing was faced, the animals habitats were trashed and looked like they hadn't been cleaned for a long time, and the fish tanks were slimy and had floaters all over.QUOTE]

I would love to know what store is the smelly store! p.s I love 1799's pets hotel! it's gigantic!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

emileelava in Albuquerque, New Mexico

50 months ago

kitty in Ontario, California said: i work as a groomer in a grooming salon. i love my customers and store but the corporate people are uncaring and unconcerned with the employees and the salon. they keep wanting us to groom more dogs but not have any overtime. they wonder if we overreact when we turn away very aggressive dogs we cant even touch, but we get in trouble if we get bit. and the bathing area has mold on the walls: and when brought up to the corporate people they say just to put disenfectant on it, they wont even call anyone to clean it up, they want us to do it.

It's not just your store. Mine has the same problems, along with faulty wiring, rodents, and broken... everything. Ah the joys of petsmart.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

aliana in Converse, Texas

49 months ago

Hello. I work for Petsmat. I thought that the company had great opportunities for me up until January. Things are changing in the company and no matter what we do, nothing is right or good enough. We do everything we can to make customers happy, but it is quite impossible to make everyone happy. I understand change and improvement, but this is not being handled in the right way. Management is understaffed and under trained, and when we don't make our goals we receive threatening emails and then receive write ups. The things we are asked to do are sometimes impossible to complete within a day. We are not encouraged to do anything, we are told to do it and if you don't do it, there's the door. That kind of attitude is appropriate to employees who deserve it, but the vast majority of us do not. Most have been there for 2 years or more, and we all deserve some respect. Basically our management (both local and district) isn't handling things correctly and every day I have to walk through that door is a day I don't want to be there. Yes, the door is still there when I walk out, but this is my job. I wanted to stay with Petsmart for another of couple of years, but the direction the company is going as far as it's concerned with it's employees is inappropriate. You can't run things successfully on fear and intimidation for long.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

pokey in Chelmsford, Massachusetts

48 months ago

I am also a new employee at PetSmart and was bitten in the face by a Rotti which she teared half my lip opened requiring me to get stitches. I felt no pain when it happened and day 3 I believe I might have some nerve damage. My right side of my lip is still numb including my chin is numb feeling. The thing is I am still under training. What happen was the groomer ask for help holding the dog if I was holding the dog wrong, which I was told hold him how ever your feel comfortable someone should have told me. Also the few days I been watching the nail grinding they offer no dogs seem to enjoy it but makes them ugly over it. I also notice one groomer only does "certain" dogs. The bathers do all types of dogs regardless of their behavior. I honestly believe some dogs should go to their own vets to get groomed and many dogs actually do because of their behavior.

I have noticed there is "silent" pressure in accepting dogs. For the short time I was there there was a few dogs I would consider in turning down. Mostly the walk in pet parents. I am told any dog you don't feel comfortable doing you can refuse but it seems that someone is always accepting them no matter what. I have been there for a week and each day I been there I have seen a aggressive dog being accepted.

I assume PetSmart would make more money not accepting walk ins, get rid of nail grinding than paying out workmans comp. The thing is dogs bite, will they bite don't know but it is preventable. You can tell by the dogs behavior when they come in. Nail grinding seems to annoy these animals more. I have not seen one dog come in that loved the nail grinder. ALL the dogs I seen receive the nail grinding became aggressive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

4TheDogs in Houston, Texas

48 months ago

You're right there there is pressure at PetSmart to accept any dog no matter what your instincts; tell you. Most of the associates that work in the Grooming Salon have lifetime scars. It is not worth becoming permanently disfigured; to contribute to PetSmart's profit margin.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bitesize in Kent, Washington

44 months ago

I worked for petsmart for 2 years. It was horrible! We went through associates like crazy! There were only 2 good managers the whole time I was there and they werent there at the same time. We had a manger who would give his cell number out to customers and he was married!! There were rumors going around the store about him with under age girls and about him doing inappropriate things with associates and people he was interviewing. Corporate knew about this and did nothing!!! There was another manager who would make sexual comments to associates. The training was horrible and they wanted me to do some of the training off the clock. I did my training ON the clock and I asked people who had been there for awhile to show me how to do things. However the mangers and most associates did everything incorrectly in that store!! Most people only did thing correctly when corporate visited. I knew how to do the managers job better than they did yet they cut my hours and increased the hours of the airheads who couldnt even work the register. So glad to be out of there!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rachel in Owensboro, Kentucky

44 months ago

I have a question for you current and former petsmart employees. I help with a non-profit and we have a former employee who is leading training classes with all fees going to our non-profit. She isn't getting paid to lead our beginners class, she is volunteering. On our literature as part of her bio it says X "is a Y-year-old former PetSmart training instructor (now private instructor), an AKC Certified Canine Good Citizen Evaluator and has owned, loved, and trained animals for most of her life." This person hasn't worked at petsmart for over a year and I know trainers by their contract can't train for 6 months after they leave but it is way past that deadline.

Now the manager of our petsmarts says we have to remove this from our documents that it is an infringes on Petsmart and their policies. I just think it is odd and just wondering your opinion on it. We aren't saying anything negative about petsmart and it is a true fact that this person use to be a trainer there. But he is making a issue of it. I know they don't like that we are offering training but we would be crazy not to follow up on this opportunity. People are signing up and exciting about the class. So just wondering what your opinion was on it since you all have more knowledge about petsmart and if we are doing anything wrong.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

petstylist in Rancho Cordova, California

40 months ago

All these problems that everyone is complaining about. I have one answer
CALL THE CARELINE or call HR. Corporate WILL investigate the issues, and try to fix them. But they cant do anything if no one tells them.
And if your store has wiring/rodents issues. Call OSHA and report it. But dont tell ANYONE at your work that you did.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

creative one in central, Florida

37 months ago

dreamer27 in Lewisville, Texas said: There is that number to call if you want to call someone about what is going on. You don't have to leave your name, but they will contact your store, and figure out who was the one who called. The mold is a health hazzard. You shouldn't have to work in that envioroment that is going to harm your health.

they will remodel if its bad enough they did for my store.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rambo6820 in Colorado Springs, Colorado

36 months ago

petstylist in Rancho Cordova, California said: All these problems that everyone is complaining about. I have one answer
CALL THE CARELINE or call HR. Corporate WILL investigate the issues, and try to fix them. But they cant do anything if no one tells them.
And if your store has wiring/rodents issues. Call OSHA and report it. But dont tell ANYONE at your work that you did.

I have questions on an issue of annual leave: I lost my annual vacation pay because my manager thought I would get paid at the end of the year automatically, if I did not use it. He is a good man, but he made a mistake that cost me financially as well as ethically, I lost my trust in him for not fighting for me, and the company as well. Payroll was notified today about my grievance, so I am waiting to determine my route. I am not sure if I even have a route, but surely a multi billion corporation which is supposed to be people friendly cannot be doing this, but the Care Line or HR will be my next step. Over 90% of our store's non management team is part time and I wonder how much money PetSmart is saving by using this method. Surely there may be a class action lawsuit if I cannot get this remedied. Why isnt there a default to kindly just pay us if unused?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

groommgr in New York

36 months ago

rambo6820 in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: I have questions on an issue of annual leave: I lost my annual vacation pay because my manager thought I would get paid at the end of the year automatically, if I did not use it. He is a good man, but he made a mistake that cost me financially as well as ethically, I lost my trust in him for not fighting for me, and the company as well. Payroll was notified today about my grievance, so I am waiting to determine my route. I am not sure if I even have a route, but surely a multi billion corporation which is supposed to be people friendly cannot be doing this, but the Care Line or HR will be my next step. Over 90% of our store's non management team is part time and I wonder how much money PetSmart is saving by using this method. Surely there may be a class action lawsuit if I cannot get this remedied. Why isnt there a default to kindly just pay us if unused?

Sorry to say, but I doubt that will be taken care of for you. It is the manager's fault for sure but don't expect the company to care about that. Welcome to the world of P&P's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

rambo6820 in Colorado Springs, Colorado

36 months ago

groommgr in New York said: Sorry to say, but I doubt that will be taken care of for you. It is the manager's fault for sure but don't expect the company to care about that. Welcome to the world of P&P's.

Shocking as it may seem, today the lady in Payroll and my manager did the right thing. They agreed, due to my managers honest mistake, I would be paid in full for those lost hours over the past 2 years, and that my manager would now be aware of this change that actually happened in 2009. I am not sure if they will voluntarily begin to distribute checks for all involved, that surely would be costly, but it would be the right thing to do. I didn't try to become rich off my complaint, I just wanted to be made whole. I did mention going through small claims or class action lawsuit if I had no success with HR or Care Line. Maybe that was a wake up call, surely it was not cost effective for them to be subpoenaed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

groommgr in New York

36 months ago

rambo6820 in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: Shocking as it may seem, today the lady in Payroll and my manager did the right thing. They agreed, due to my managers honest mistake, I would be paid in full for those lost hours over the past 2 years, and that my manager would now be aware of this change that actually happened in 2009. I am not sure if they will voluntarily begin to distribute checks for all involved, that surely would be costly, but it would be the right thing to do. I didn't try to become rich off my complaint, I just wanted to be made whole. I did mention going through small claims or class action lawsuit if I had no success with HR or Care Line. Maybe that was a wake up call, surely it was not cost effective for them to be subpoenaed.

Well, you made my day! I am happy for you!!! Corp is so hard to fight and I am sure the mention of a possible lawsuit helped. LOL I like your spunk!

RLizG in Marietta, Georgia

36 months ago

FYI , Care line compaints get sent directly to the HR contact on the poster in the break room. Usually you will have better results calling directly.

petsmart employee in Houston, Texas

32 months ago

It seriously breaks my heart of how many negative experiences previous employees have had. I am a current employee of petsmart and im proud and happy to say that at my store we provide except customer service due to our knowledge in animals. i speak for everyone in my department when i say we know what we are talking about.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RLizG in PETSMART! HOORAY!

30 months ago

petsmart employee in Houston, Texas said: It seriously breaks my heart of how many negative experiences previous employees have had. I am a current employee of petsmart and im proud and happy to say that at my store we provide except customer service due to our knowledge in animals. i speak for everyone in my department when i say we know what we are talking about.

Love that comment <3 I feel that way about my whole store. I love all of my co-workers

groommgr in New York

30 months ago

I agree. I worked for PS for 3 years. Had to move and there was no PS. Ended up at PetCo for 3 years. . Worst 3 years of my life as far as employment went. They are right up there with Wal-Mart as worst companies to work for. As soon as a PS opened near me, all PetCo saw was my dust. I am so thrilled to be back with wonderful, caring people, a company that encourages and trains, being paid fairly and loving my job!

me

21 months ago

I havn't worked here very long but I'm already frustrated with them. I have never worked somewhere where they wouldnt let you clock in even one minute early. Here everyone else is complaining they cant get their employees to be on time and petsmart might as well encourage you to be late. Even though your required to have a 15 minute break if you work so many hours, i never get mine. We arent supposed to talk to other employees unless its only about petsmart programs, even if its slow and your still working. The managers dont trust any of the employees and some of them are unprofessional and gossip about employees behind their backs. At my location, they dont post the new schedual until sunday, so even if you dont work that day, you still have to come in to see when you work next. Some of the employees in the salon have had manegment ask them to water down some of the roduct to save a bit on money. I find it very wrong for them to ask them to lower the quality of work just to save the company a few bucks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ToBoeingOrNotToBoeing in Seattle, Washington

21 months ago

PetSmart sounds more like PetFart.

groommgr in New York

21 months ago

me said: I havn't worked here very long but I'm already frustrated with them. I have never worked somewhere where they wouldnt let you clock in even one minute early. Here everyone else is complaining they cant get their employees to be on time and petsmart might as well encourage you to be late. Even though your required to have a 15 minute break if you work so many hours, i never get mine. We arent supposed to talk to other employees unless its only about petsmart programs, even if its slow and your still working. The managers dont trust any of the employees and some of them are unprofessional and gossip about employees behind their backs. At my location, they dont post the new schedual until sunday, so even if you dont work that day, you still have to come in to see when you work next. Some of the employees in the salon have had manegment ask them to water down some of the roduct to save a bit on money. I find it very wrong for them to ask them to lower the quality of work just to save the company a few bucks.

You are working for a very bad PS. That is not the company culture at all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jd200 in toronto, Ontario

20 months ago

I work at a location in Canada, and I must say, reading these comments makes me feel like im not alone. I am noticing alot of favouritism in my location and its very frustrating. Because I don't have children, a house, married, etc, i get treated differently. I don't get the same respect level as some. My health has been quite terrible lately and I have missed some work, AND I always have documentation to prove these things, yet I still get treated like im lying to them. I want to leave but i have signed that god forsaken contract and i know if i leave, that large amount of cash will come to bite me. my health problems have been caused straight from grooming. am allergic to dogs which is causing severe exczema. thats the other frustrating part, yet i still do it for the love of what i do. management is aware of this, yet i still get treated poorly. the best part of this, i asked for a transfer and my manager wont give it to me because of my health issues. ive had emotional break downs to my managers about how i get treated and how i cant handle it and all they do is reassure me with comforting words and thats it. my salon manager dislikes me to all ends and the feeling is quite mutual and because of this, our work environment is absolutely terrible!!! we yell at eachother almost everyday. if i switch to part time, i lose my benefits. so, im stuck working in an environment that is causing physical and emotional pain. how do i get out of this. suggestions... please. and realistic opinions would be great.

20 months ago

In the break room there is a poster that has your regional hr managers name and number on it. If you are uncomfortable talking to management or your dm, this is a great point of contact. No one wants to have someone who is becoming ill due to the job to be suffering...in fact petsmart as a whole values job satisfaction and morale.

vicky12_97 in Lawrenceville, Georgia

11 months ago

Hi, I'm almost 16 and I wanted to start working at Petsmart, but I just wanted to know how old do you have to be?

11 months ago

Mutts in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

11 months ago

I'll chime in and say my store is pretty cool. I work in grooming. Corp has a lot of silly rules and regulations probably drawn up by somebody that has never worked in-store but I don't have any complaints about how the store is managed and everyone is pretty nice. Sales aren't as important as taking care of the dogs/cats that come into the salon. Nobody's pushing groomers to do x amount of dogs per hour. Some can do more than others and that's fine, they get more slots. I keep reading and hearing that salon workers in other stores are pressed to do too many dogs and I'm glad that's not the case here.

When I was hired I had two interviews. Don't let the posts here discourage you from applying at PS. You should get a good feel in the interview if your management really cares about the animals or all they're seeing is dollar signs.

Lallagv in Here, Oklahoma

6 months ago

I worked at petsmart for maybe 5 months. When they first hired me they had me train for everything which I thought everyone did. Later found out it wasn't so. Then I bounced around and did probably every possible job there not knowing really what I was supposed to do. I was making $8 an hour 30 hours a week even though I was promised 40. Obviously I was on a tight budget. It was an extremely stressful job and we weren't allowed to "be friends" with other employees. One was actually threatened to be fired bc he offered to buy me lunch, even though the managers knew that most days the lunch I brought was the only meal I ate a day due to lack if money to buy any. Last straw was when I got written up for passing out from hunger while on the clock, as if I could help it...

AnonBather in Sheboygan, Wisconsin

1 month ago

So, I started at PetSmart a little over 2 months ago. Grew up in the grooming business (my mom owns her own shop and I grew up helping out) so they snatched me up as soon as my application went in. I'm currently living out of state for college, so I couldn't work for my mother anymore.

First of all, they only offer $8 an hour for bather. No more, more less. They are the highest paying non-factory work employers in the area I live in though, unless you work for the college which I do during the school semester and not the summer.

Anyway, I knew it would be hell going in. My mom and I groomed the dogs PetSmart left too abused to able to stand up on a table on their own any longer. I told them all the horror stories I had seen with my own eyes and expressed my worry about working there, and the managers all sat down with me and assured me it wouldn't be like that at all. After all, we were a small town and there wasn't that much business anyway. Lie number one.

Continued

1 month ago

Next they explained that they wanted me to either stick around and become a groomer (I denied that option, I've seen the damage grooming did to my mother making more money than any PetSmart groomer could pull in due to the corporation's horrible commission policy) or they wanted to work me into management and cross train me in every department by the end of summer. I said that would be lovely, I'll cross train and see what happens. Lie number two.

As a bather they only want you to work as a bather, forever and ever, or move onto grooming where they really leach the money off of you. Unless you get hired into another department, the moment you tell them "No, I cannot groom" you're useless to them and they'll just hold onto you until you finally quit.

Everything was fine for the first month. I refused to do a dog an hour because I refused to rush. Rushing led to injuries and once a dog gets stressed I let them rest for however long they needed. Everyone was fine with this policy until the last week of my first month there, when I was informed that company policy required I do one dog an hour, every hour until my shift was done.

Continued

1 month ago

I immediately told my salon manager that no, I couldn’t do that. She told me everyone else in PetSmart has been able to do the one dog an hour policy just fine with zero complaints, and that I had to as well. I explained that some dogs would get too stressed if I rushed them, and she told me the dogs would be more stressed if I didn’t rush them. Then I tried to explain to her that if I rushed I wouldn’t be able to do as good of a job, and she told me that pet parents can’t tell the difference between a hack job and a quality groom.

I started applying to other jobs that afternoon, but haven’t had any luck yet and with summer being almost over there aren’t many places willing to hire a college student who cannot committee to full time work during the school semester.

I went on working at PetSmart with as big a smile as I could manage. I witnessed groomers yelling at dogs, threatening to hit dogs, and a complete breakdown of the ‘lie’ they had been trying to force feed me for the past month. I informed my store manager and assistant manager that no, I could never be a groomer, and they promised to get me out of the salon and on the floor. It still hasn’t happened yet over a month later.

Continued

1 month ago

The next incident happened when I was bathing a large older husky (over 10 years) who became so stressed she could no longer stand in the bath area. So I turned off the hydrosurge and began to pet and talk to her to help calm her down. I sat there for half an hour before she could stand on her own again, and continued the process. Finally got her dried and back in her kennel when the salon manager began to ‘scold’ me for taking too long with her, telling me that I needed to learn better time management. I tried explaining that the husky needed a break, and she told me the dog was fine and giving her breaks actually made it worse.

A few days later I was being rushed on a large lab that had to be held by a second associate for nails. She was flipping on the table, trying to throw herself off, and genuinely panicking. I tried to give her a break and was again scolded for not going fast enough. Finally got her nails done, bath done, and had her in the back to be velocity dried. I had to perch myself over her, bracing myself against the wall, in order to dry her underside when she freaked out again and knocked me over. I smashed my left shoulder into the wall, bruising the bone and nerves. Went to the doctor the next day where I was put on light duty for two weeks.

On my first day of full duty I was assigned a six hour shift with a dog every hour, like all of my normal shifts were. As a bather I have to do every walk in even if there is a groomer available with no dog on the schedule. A walk in came in right before my last dog of the day, a pit bull. His pet parent warned me he was dog aggressive, but even though there were other dogs in the salon that day I was told to go ahead and do his nails anyway.

Continued

1 month ago

Right away the pit bull was giving me attitude on the table. He would pull his feet and growl, baring his teeth at me just for touching him. So, I used the groomers loop to keep his head in place and continued trying to get his nails. I got to his last paw when he finally decided he couldn’t handle it anymore, and he snarled and bit at my shoulder. He got my smock instead, and I waited for a groomer to become available to help hold him.

A groomer became available, and together we tried unsuccessfully to clip his last paw. He was snarling, biting, and we finally decided we couldn’t do it any longer. All I had to do now was get his harness back on so he could go home. However, he would no longer let any of us near him. We put him on the floor to try again, and each time he snapped at me I moved away to prevent being bitten. This pissed off the three groomers there in the salon watching me, including the one “helping” me by standing there watching. She finally yelled at me to hurry up, I went in over him to get the harness on, and he jumped up and bit me in the neck, breaking the skin with two teeth. They hurried to rush me out of the salon to clean off the blood because they didn’t want the pet parent to know their dog had bit me.

Continued

1 month ago

I had a doctor’s appointment for my shoulder the next day, and went in with the bite on my neck exposed. Turns out in the state of Wisconsin it is illegal not to report a dog bite, and the doctor was easily able to tell what the mark was on my neck and I told her the story of how it happened. Mind you, I was amused by the story. My first day on full work duty and I was bit by a pitbull! What are the odds!? It was then that she informed me she legally had to report the bite, regardless of where it happened. I also needed to get a tetanus shot, and have the bite looked at medically. So I returned to work to let them know what had happened, and get the rabies information of the dog that bit me for medical reasons. They filed a report, the police got involved, and I got my shot and was put on antibiotics.

Ever since I was bit, almost a week ago now, the salon’s attitude towards me has changed. They keep booking me with a large dog every hour for my six hour shifts, and the store has been denying me any breaks or lunch breaks. I am absolutely on my last straw, and everyone is being rude and punishing me for reporting the dog bite.

Continued

1 month ago

My advice to everyone? Absolutely NEVER EVER work for PetSmart. They abuse the dogs in their care, they abuse their employees, and you are either part of them or you aren’t. Everyone at my store is miserable, constantly talking about how they want to quit (including my salon manager who had been making plans outside of work to open up her own shop), and for $8 the injuries, stress, and bs is not worth it.

Save your talent and find another place to work at before PetSmart steals another soul.

Side Note: As a bather if you inform a groomer that you need to take your break or lunch they will flat out tell you no, and then brag about how they got a lunch and that's really all that matters. There is no respect in the store for bathers, and people on the floor hate groomers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.