What Happens when Trainer Quit?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

DarkisLight in Jacksonville, Florida

75 months ago

I am in the process of quitting Petsmart as a trainer because of how the management staff decided to continue treating me.

My question is how the commissions work for when I quit. I am not putting in a 2 weeks notice and will not be showing up for the remainder of this week. Sounds unprofessional, and it is, but the way they treated me was also unprofessional. I figure I must transfer my commissions over, but how should I go about doing this considering that my next paycheck is going to be rather small? Will I have to give cash to the other trainers? How does this work?

If anyone knows, I'd greatly appreciate it, thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

HOME MARKETING CONSULTANT in Middletown, Connecticut

75 months ago

Dear Darkis Light,
I am not able to respond to your question concerning commissions after you leave, however if you are open minded to some free advice I would really re-think the notion of leaving without giving any notice. Right now, your emotions are running high, and the company you work for may deserve to be left high and dry, but making a decision of this nature does not account for how this may effect your future employment. I know, because I left a position without any notice just like you but was unknowingly blackballed within in the industry within a period of a week. I do regret how I handled my leaving and if I could do it over, I would leave with a 2 week notice. You never know when you might end up interviewing with another company and be sitting across the table with one of your former co-workers that remember how you left. If you decide to leave them with a two week notice you will be doing so with class. That is also something people remember. Good Luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DarkisLight in Somewhere, Florida

75 months ago

HOME MARKETING CONSULTANT in Middletown, Connecticut said: Dear Darkis Light,
I am not able to respond to your question concerning commissions after you leave, however if you are open minded to some free advice I would really re-think the notion of leaving without giving any notice. Right now, your emotions are running high, and the company you work for may deserve to be left high and dry, but making a decision of this nature does not account for how this may effect your future employment. I know, because I left a position without any notice just like you but was unknowingly blackballed within in the industry within a period of a week. I do regret how I handled my leaving and if I could do it over, I would leave with a 2 week notice. You never know when you might end up interviewing with another company and be sitting across the table with one of your former co-workers that remember how you left. If you decide to leave them with a two week notice you will be doing so with class. That is also something people remember. Good Luck to you.

I will not be staying for 2 weeks with the company, but I will be giving them notice about my resignation. Like you said, my emotions are running high, so I'm waiting for myself to cool down before I put in the call. Don't want to end up saying things I'll later regret.

I'm wondering if I should contact corporate about how I felt I was mistreated? I've heard horror stories of employees contacting corporate, but at the same time, I feel this may warrant it.

juflier10 in Maryland

74 months ago

Sorry to hear about the way you have been treated at PetSmart, and in Jacksonville too, I used to go to school there for a couple years. As I work for PetSmart and am a manager, I would also highly recommend you giving at least a 2 weeks notice. If you feel like you have been really mistreated, you can go straight above your store manager's head. Call the CareSmart line, it's a 1-800 number that I don't want to put on here, but should be posted in your break room. I have called this once before, and an outside company is the one in charge of handling the calls. You talk to a real person, and they type down everything you tell them. It then gets sent straight to your DM and of course store. Your district manager should handle it from there. Plus, in the break room there should also be a number and extension for your DM. Hope this helps someway, and sorry PetSmart has let you down like this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

fenway1 in Gloucester, Massachusetts

71 months ago

Personal experience here contacting corp. is a joke...I have gone that route and still got fired. I guess in the world of Petsmart using the word "A$$" is more offensive then using the "N" word. It all comes down to who the managers want in there and they will stand up and back the wrong people. I have just come from a petsmart where other employees wanted to speak up in my favor but felt they would be fired as I was...GREAT PLACE TO WORK...NAWT!!! As far as an investigation goes they never spoke to 1 person I gave them, NOT 1!!! always remember to investigate a company before you apply, I wish I did. Petsmart is not as pro-animal as they would want you to believe. They want their employees to push their services on the PP(pet parent)at all costs. As for the Petsmart Hotel I worked there and said everyday I would never leave my dog there. I have seen it all PP would request that their dog get a certin food and that was blatenly ignored even though the food was about 15 yrds. out the door on the sales floor. The managers couldn't be bothered don't promise a customer something and not deliver. Also when you pay for your dog to have 1 on 1 time with a PCS. you expect your dog to get 1/2 hr. of time...YA RIGHT!! We were told that 15 minutes is enough. When we asked how about if we have alot of dogs that are to get 1 on 1 time how is that handled I was told to take the dogs out for 5-10 minutes and put them back in and sign off on the individual play time. It s supposed to be about the Pets but its not. Basically you try to get the PP to buy all these services and if the dog gets them be thankful you had a PCS that cared and theres not to many of those to most its just a job. PETSMART IS A JOKE and it is on the PP(Pet Parent).

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.