Jobs at PetSmart

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

arapahoepark in Centennial, CO, Colorado

60 months ago

Hey what's up?

I'm 17 and very soon turning 18 and i was wondering what jobs are there that i can work? I really like animals especially dogs! I don't want to start as a cashier i want to work with the animals and so on? What do I have to do to get a job here?
Also what is the pay depending on the job?
Plus i'll be going to college in Tucson and could i transfer there???
Thanks !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Relaxedat909 in Ontario, California

60 months ago

Well while your 17, im going to be honest, i don't think you will get the job, I work at petsmart and i fluctuate at my job task. some days i will face the store to make it look presentable, others i will cashier, and other days i will fill holes in the morning. until your 18, facing and filling holes counts for heavy duty work so you wont be able to do much while there.
the job doesnt pay too well, pays 8.30 start off. but some of the perks are pretty decent, and it knows how to reward its employees for a job well done.
Im pretty sure you can transfer if you tell corporate about it.
best of luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

highlikeplane in Arizona

60 months ago

you could easily work in the grooming dept as a dog bather. starting pay in az is 7;50. i think it depends on min wage. also you could work in the pet hotel. dont work in specialty. you'd be dealing with cute dead animals all the time.

arapahoepark in Centennial, CO, Colorado said: Hey what's up?

I'm 17 and very soon turning 18 and i was wondering what jobs are there that i can work? I really like animals especially dogs! I don't want to start as a cashier i want to work with the animals and so on? What do I have to do to get a job here?
Also what is the pay depending on the job?
Plus i'll be going to college in Tucson and could i transfer there???
Thanks !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

arapahoepark in Centennial, CO, Colorado

60 months ago

Cool cool, so like i'll be 18 in october anyway. But so is there a definite pay that they start you at since i see some different ones, does it vary from state to state or...?
thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.