Leaving Petsmart

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

estsilvara in Longmont, Colorado

93 months ago

I've been working at Petsmart for a few weeks now but I'm desperately unhappy here. There's an opening at the local Humane Society I would like to apply for, however I remember signing something when I was hired about not working at a pet store for a year after leaving. Does this include working for a humane society or other non-profit animal shelter?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jayzooks in Illinois

93 months ago

estsilvara in Longmont, Colorado said: I've been working at Petsmart for a few weeks now but I'm desperately unhappy here. There's an opening at the local Humane Society I would like to apply for, however I remember signing something when I was hired about not working at a pet store for a year after leaving. Does this include working for a humane society or other non-profit animal shelter?

Non-compete clauses are a joke. Don't worry about working at an animal shelter. They just don't want you to work at Petco or something similar. Anyways, no court usually holds up non-compete clauses. Good Luck!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

estsilvara in Longmont, Colorado

93 months ago

jayzooks in Illinois said: Non-compete clauses are a joke. Don't worry about working at an animal shelter. They just don't want you to work at Petco or something similar. Anyways, no court usually holds up non-compete clauses. Good Luck!!!!

Thanks so much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

dreamer27 in somewhere

92 months ago

I signed one and here in Texas it is right to work state. They can not keep me from working and making a living that I am trained to do. They did not train me to train dogs. I did that way before I worked for them. I gave PetSmart 10+ years and made them alot of money for training. I am so glad that I no longer work for them. They do a good job of bringing down your confidence and self esteem.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jen123 in Glens Falls, New York

92 months ago

Could you tell me as much as possible about working at Petsmart? I would like to take advantage of training to become a dog trainer or a dog groomer or to become a Vetinary Assistant at Banfield.What are the pros and cons of their trainings (what's the deal with having to pay them back if you don't stay) and how is the starting pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

dreamer27 in somewhere

91 months ago

I think that alot of us have voiced our views very well, so if you go through all of the posts, you will understand about working for the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Brittney88 in Elyria, Ohio

85 months ago

I was wondering how strict they were about their contract too because they let me go after 3 months for the most stupid reasons. I seriously think they just made up things to let me go because they just wanted me to work the holidays for them as a bather because that's their busy season. Anyways, I just need to know if i go get another job at another grooming salon if they are going to try and bring that contract up and then I get screwed out of a job because it's not my fault they let me go, they even told me I was their best seller and did an excellent job but they had to let me go because they had to many bathers and I was the last one hired.I have bills to pay, if I find a job that I am qualified to do then I don't want petsmart getting in my way of a new income.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.