Pet Smart Grooming

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

FrancesT in Newport News, Virginia

62 months ago

I own a Bichon and I took him to PetSmart to be groomed. When I picked him up his coat was super short and I could see his skin. I mean now I am worried to take him outside for a walk because he could possibly get sunburn! He doesn't even look like a Bichon, let alone the same dog I brought in. I have used this groomer before and she has done a terrific job, this time was the absolute worst. Not to offend her, I told her he looked great and gave her a NICE tip. $60 and my dog looks absolutely awful. I feel so bad and I have vowed never to go back. I usually groom him myself, but am not proficient in a body cut. I just am so angry that I have cried. The only good thing is that his hair will grow back. I use a groomer close to my home, but she doesn't do a great job on the body, but she does leave fur on him! I really feel like she took out her bad day on my dog. I really feel like letting the people at PetSmart know about this, but maybe the best thing to do is never go there again, ever, for grooming.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cali Groomer in Los Angeles, California

60 months ago

FrancesT in Newport News, Virginia said: I own a Bichon and I took him to PetSmart to be groomed. When I picked him up his coat was super short and I could see his skin. I mean now I am worried to take him outside for a walk because he could possibly get sunburn! He doesn't even look like a Bichon, let alone the same dog I brought in. I have used this groomer before and she has done a terrific job, this time was the absolute worst. Not to offend her, I told her he looked great and gave her a NICE tip. $60 and my dog looks absolutely awful. I feel so bad and I have vowed never to go back. I usually groom him myself, but am not proficient in a body cut. I just am so angry that I have cried. The only good thing is that his hair will grow back. I use a groomer close to my home, but she doesn't do a great job on the body, but she does leave fur on him! I really feel like she took out her bad day on my dog. I really feel like letting the people at PetSmart know about this, but maybe the best thing to do is never go there again, ever, for grooming.

be clear on what you want when dropping off. If the coat has mats and its not taken care of we shave it. it really is that simple. Sorry you were not happy and it is hair and will grow back

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

a-j-h in Big city, South Carolina

59 months ago

Please bring this to the management's attention. If you asked for what you had done before, that is what should have been performed. I urge you to call or visit that PetSmart and speak with one of our managers. Just let them know that you were surprised and didn't expect a groom that way and let them know you have considered taking your business elsewhere. I promise you'll be taken care of to the fullest extent - they obviously can't fix the shave down, but when that coat grows out and your baby needs a groom, they'll not screw it up. We have a commitment to our customers and their satisfaction with the services they receive. Please don't let this go unknown to the store management; we can't improve unless we have customer feedback.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

a-j-h in Big city, South Carolina

59 months ago

a-j-h in Big city, South Carolina said: Please bring this to the management's attention. If you asked for what you had done before, that is what should have been performed. I urge you to call or visit that PetSmart and speak with one of our managers. Just let them know that you were surprised and didn't expect a groom that way and let them know you have considered taking your business elsewhere. I promise you'll be taken care of to the fullest extent - they obviously can't fix the shave down, but when that coat grows out and your baby needs a groom, they'll not screw it up. We have a commitment to our customers and their satisfaction with the services they receive. Please don't let this go unknown to the store management; we can't improve unless we have customer feedback.

On a side note: If your baby had mats, the groomer(s) should have asked you to sign a "Matted pet release form." If they didn't notice the mats at check-in, they should have called you and gained permission verbally. We are required to have your permission for that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

FrancesT in Newport News, Virginia

59 months ago

Cali Groomer in Los Angeles, California said: be clear on what you want when dropping off. If the coat has mats and its not taken care of we shave it. it really is that simple. Sorry you were not happy and it is hair and will grow back

He was not matted. We brush him everyday and this girl had been grooming him for almost 1 year. Which is why I was totally shocked when I picked him up. I did call the groomer, who by the way, is a nice person, and I am sure she meant no harm by the haircut. But I cannot and will not take him back ever to his place to be groomed. I let her know I was disappointed and as a groomer, a professional in her field, she should have known better and taken a minute to call and say, "this is way too short". But I did not receive a call.

Yes I know it is "just hair", but this short!!?? He's a Bichon for goodness sake and had a nice coat when he went in. I am now taking my dog to a small, private grooming salon. My choice, my solution. We are happier now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.