how to get an interview for store manager

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

pbmax77 in Nicholasville, Kentucky

83 months ago

Hi,
Could anyone tell me how to score an interview at PetSmart. I applied for a store manager position posted on monster.com. I have over eight years retail experience, with 3 in management. I meet all of the miniumum requirements for the position but need to know how to get that interview! The online application is somewhat generic and doesn't even leave room for a cover letter. I'm trying to find out who i can contact directly to get that extra edge in. The employee i spoke at the store, was hesitant to give me a district manager name or contact. Is that the position directly above Store Manager. Thanks guys! Any info would be greatly appreciated!

-p

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Keith in Montgomery, Alabama

83 months ago

Well, each district has a DM and DSM (district services manager). Either one could probably help you out. The best way to get the DM or DSM contact info is to simply go into one of the local Petsmarts and introduce yourself to the Store Manager. Kinda shoot the bull with him for a bit and talk about your experience then ask for an email or a phone number so you may forward a resume. Leave one with him and let him know your interested in any openings around the district (including Operations Manager, it pays pretty good, but Petsmart is HUGE about promoting from within) You'll probably move up within 6 months as long as your willing to relocate.
BE PROFESSIONAL! Petsmart is a GREAT first class company and goes for the best!

GOOD LUCK!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.