grooming contract

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

gottaquestion in Decatur, Georgia

13 months ago

hello everyone!! i have a quick question. I have a few months left on my contract. I really want to leave because i am very unhappy. I was wondering if anyone knows if its possible to buy out of the contract or if there are any other options. Its not possible to transfer because we are short staffed. I have spoken with the salon manager and store manager and they can give me no information as to what to do. Should i call the HR rep?. Plus is what we signed even a job contract because at the top it said education promissory note. hmmmmm..any help would be helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

vegeta24 in Temecula, California

13 months ago

gottaquestion in Decatur, Georgia said: hello everyone!! i have a quick question. I have a few months left on my contract. I really want to leave because i am very unhappy. I was wondering if anyone knows if its possible to buy out of the contract or if there are any other options. Its not possible to transfer because we are short staffed. I have spoken with the salon manager and store manager and they can give me no information as to what to do. Should i call the HR rep?. Plus is what we signed even a job contract because at the top it said education promissory note. hmmmmm..any help would be helpful.

I used to be a manager @ Petsmart, if you are under to 2 year mark, they may come after you for the cost of the groom school. It really depends on a few factors, like the store manager andd how close to the 2 year mark you are. While I was with the company we sent three different former groomers to collections to get the money. I would call HR and find out what you can do, push the issue of transfer if you are not happy, don't let them bully you with garbage about being short staffed, all salons are short staffed... Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

RLizG in PETSMART! HOORAY!

12 months ago

This is difficult to answer without knowing the situation. You can only transfer if you have not been on an action plan for 6 months. Also, if there is a valid reason that you are truly unhappy like harassment, etc. Or if it is just standard salon drama. If you dont have a truly valid reason, I would just tough it out. If you have a legit reason that you are dissatisfied, by all means reach out to HR. April Sams is your HR person. She is very very nice but also no nonsense. The previous poster was right! All salons are pretty much understaffed (especially in your area) but it is ultimately the store and salon managers job to PLAN to have turnover.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Please advise in tampa, Florida

9 months ago

I work for Petsmart, and it's just soo much drama in the grooming area. This goes beyond girl drama. Im debating upon leaving, each day is just filled with evil, vindictive intentions from other people. I was told there was no 2 year contract. I bought my own grooming stuff. What should I do, I love the working with the animals but the people cruel to me behind my back, by booking all bad dogs and to my Gm. Btw I kn8w petsmart is a great coming.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

RLizG in PETSMART! HOORAY!

9 months ago

Here is the thing. If you find yourself involved in a lot of drama, you need to take a look at the part you play in it. I had a girl in my salon who was having a similar issue, and my dm flat out told her thay he cant make people like her. We all want to be part of the crowd if we admit it or not. Take a long had look at things you are doing or saying that may be alienating yourself. My advice. Buckle down. Dont talk about anything work related. Do your job. Hard dogs and all. In our store we have a checklist every day with everyone who os working on it. They put a hatch mark next to each name as they book appointments and just go down the list so it is fair. Maybe something you could talk to your salon manager about. Your academy contract includes the 2 year thing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Crazygroom in Mattoon, Illinois

8 months ago

What if you were in academy and when u came back u worked by yourself w no salon manager isn't that breaking contract

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Please advise in tampa, Florida

8 months ago

Actually I was told by my corporate guy; That their was no 2 year contract. They actually dont even have my application anymore. Im usually am nice to the whole grooming staff but people like to see you fail at your job. Me and my Grooming Salon Manager are treated unfairly. I rechnically didnt finsih 100 dogs, I finised like 94 dogs, went back to bathing and came back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.