I like to work at petsmart and questions

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Livia in Grand Prairie, Texas

10 months ago

I don't have a degree cause i can't afford to be in debt but is there a way to make a career in petsmart? I have 8 years of retail experience i like the ability to move up the ladder my current position won't let me i feel like i have the potiontal to do anything i love pets. how long does it take to get from associate to manager or if there is anything else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RLizG in PETSMART! HOORAY!

10 months ago

Yeah you can!!! Only half of the the managers in my store have degrees and I know at least 2 of the best store managers in our district don't. Grooming is a really great career that you can get into quickly with petsmart as well. Length of time depends on how you are doing and availabilty of positions. If you are only wanting to stay at one store it will take longer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Livia in Grand Prairie, Texas

10 months ago

i'm more interested in pet care manager don't know how i can do that or how long it takes to move up. I plan to get a degree in the business when i save up money and do few courses at a time

RLizG in PETSMART! HOORAY!

10 months ago

It depends on how relocatable you are and when openings become available as well as how you are doing! PetCare manager hopefully wouldn't be your end game. I know in my area they like to hire and promote managers who want to continue to grow with the company.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.