petsmart in canton ohio

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Lori Schneider in Alliance, Ohio

62 months ago

can any one please tell me if you are hired on at the store in canton,ohio where the grooming school is located and how many schools are in ohio if any? tks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

T22 in Columbus, Ohio

61 months ago

I'm assuming that you don't currently work for the company? If not, you first have to get hired by the company as a Professional Bather. After your initial 90 days, you are eligible to be considered for a spot in a grooming academy. This process can take up to a year because of your progress as a bather, your store's need for another groomer, and when/where academies are going on.
There isn't just one grooming academy. Salon managers become academy trainers after going through a lot of intense training. So wherever there is a certified academy trainer is where grooming school/academy can go on. In your area, since you mentioned Canton (I used to work in that district)... the only stores that offer academy training are Medina, Parma (maybe), Cuyahoga Falls, North Olmstead (maybe), Macedonia (maybe), and Elyria (maybe).
The only ones that I know for sure are Medina and Cuyahog Falls, because as managers change so does where academies are offered. I worked at the Medina store but did my 4-week grooming academy at the Canton store. So, to answer your main question... no, you do not have to be hired at a store that offers grooming academies.

Grooming academy is no longer offered at the Canton store. The salon manager from Canton is now at Cuyahoga Falls. But if you're closer to Canton, or wherever... get in there first, then work towards academy.

I hope that helped?

T22 in Columbus, Ohio

61 months ago

PS--

Those are just the stores in that district that have grooming academies. There are 2 stores in the Columbus area. So it's really hard to tell how many stores are certified to have a grooming academy... because if that salon manager leaves, they can't offer training any longer. So it's really hard to guess how many grooming academy certified stores there are.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.