petsmart grooming-do animals cage dry or what are the methods in the drying process?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Kimmy in Denver, Colorado

87 months ago

i am concerned after hearing on the news that a dog died because of not being able to breathe from the heat exhaustion in a cage at petco who let the animal cage dry. please give me opinions, details, and let me know how petsmart goes about drying the animals.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Cindy D in Virginia Beach, Virginia

87 months ago

Petsmart does not use "HEAT" cage driers. We use driers with room temp. We have specific dog breeds that should never be put into a kennel because of breathing problems, like shih tzus and yorkies. Other than that, we use the kennel driers to a minimum. We have a Force drier, that we use for a big portion of the drying process. then we use the kennel drier, or fluff drier, or even the regular hand drier for the rest of the process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

survivor in Baiting Hollow, New York

86 months ago

PS bends over backwards for safety and is sometimes to the point of ridiculous. I'm sure that is because not every one has common sense so better to be safe than sorry. Rest assured, there is no heat with the cage dryers and they are timed to run for 15 minutes so each dog has to be checked on before the dryer is restarted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Leann Sowell in Arlington, Texas

1 month ago

I have been a faithful customer of PetSmart for years. When I had to I went to Petco as a last option. With all the outrage regarding the death of Colby Jack, the 2 y/o Golden Retriever that died in a Cage Drier in Petco, I and so many are alarmed at what is a horrific outcome for our furbabies in the care of any groomer such as Petco or PS. The outrage is going viral and so are the questions. I am in Arlington, TX. I want to know too for certain what is actually done to dry my basset hounds. As of today I stand in support with many who are now researching and opting to home bathe our furbabies. It was Petco that made this mistake and it isn't their 1st. But unfortunately PetSmart is being given the double look consideration.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.