What's the company culture at Philips?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Philips?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Philips?

Reply - Report abuse

Mark in New Milford, Connecticut

87 months ago

The only get-together are mass lay-off, but I wouldn't call them frendly, stop wasting your time, there are better company out there. Don't be fooled !!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

beep in Ohio

73 months ago

tim you in Orange, California said: Sounds to me like you were fired because you lack simple skills, such as grammar and spelling. I work for Philips and they pay great and are great. I am in sales and the sky is the limit on earnings. Learn to spell and write correctly and then you may not have so much to complain or blame others about!

anyone know what the pay or job is like for philips lifeline field installation rep in ohio area. thanks

Beep in ohio

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Tim Yu in Chicago, Illinois

63 months ago

tim you in Orange, California said: Sounds to me like you were fired because you lack simple skills, such as grammar and spelling. I work for Philips and they pay great and are great. I am in sales and the sky is the limit on earnings. Learn to spell and write correctly and then you may not have so much to complain or blame others about!

Hi Tim,

I just applied to the sales position in Chicago. What's my chance of getting in with sales experience in other industries. However, I do have some HID Xenon car/motorcycles experience for helping out my brother's side business. Thanks!

Tim

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

DeFlyonDWall Buzzn in greensburg, Pennsylvania

62 months ago

Agree with you fully spsslave. I worked at Philips in Pittsburgh. The entire organziation is actually polluted with a bunch of "stuffed suits" who think they are smart, cutting, dollar conscious, and employee friendly. In reality, they are not smart, hire poor leadership, (terrible mentoring or motivating and delegation in fair and equitable ways) and are only dollar conscious when it comes to cutting off heads because they built crappy products. Why do I say this? Because they force suppliers to build to cost points at the sacrifice of quality. When it takes 15 cents to build a very good connector, and the buyers from philips force a price of 12 or 13 cents for example, the part is then built with lower quality sub components. Pick up any philips electronics and see what garbage it is. They own sonicare, which was a great toothbrush before acquisition, now it's crap. Philips home electronics - plain and simply stink. Plasmas are garbage in comparison to say Samsung or Sony. Essentially, Philips should have stuck to building lightbulbs and diode light technologies. They don't have the breadth of expertise to lead home health, hospital ( really crap) and the lifeline products. The entire ship is sinking and the only heads that will be still there will be the over priced, underperforming HR team who are a total waste of space and lack professionalism. I heard that there are several legal cases pending towards violations of Fair Employment against a director there, and futher that the entire population of assemblers and shipping in PA is looking to organize under union shop controls to mitigate further layoffs and shift eliminations. This is a stock to short sell right now!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

JFK in Grand Rapids, Michigan

11 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Philips?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Philips?

Busy selling off assets like Westinghouse in the 80's until they do and create nothing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JFK in Grand Rapids, Michigan

11 months ago

Busy selling off all there assets like Medical selling property they owned to lease it back, and then promote the executives to corporate for increasing profits dumb).

People want a low cost hologram in there home, not a cartoon in 3D giving your children brain damage.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.