Pier 1 Imports Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Pier 1 Imports?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

Hmm in Gilmer, Texas

31 months ago

The process isn't terrible. They're going to ask you pretty basic questions like "tell me about a time you went above and beyond to please a customer" "tell me what customer service means to you" "tell me about a time you were given criticism without much explanation, how did you handle it" "tell me about a time you had to work with someone you didn't get along with" "tell me about a time you were a leader" It's all pretty much a generic interview. Depending on what store you're interviewing at, they may or may not do a role play. The good stores make you do a role play where they will take you onto the floor and put you in three different scenarios. The first will be how to greet a customer, the second is how to get a customer to stay engaged with you when shes not responding, and the third would be how to get a customer to open a pier one rewards card. You always wanna ask open ended questions like "what brought you in today" not "are you looking for anything" When your customer says they're looking for pillows don't just show them where the pillows are, ask questions to get to know them like "what room are you decorating, what colors are you looking at" ect. When it comes to the P1RCC, you want to express a couple of the benefits to the customer like "for every 200 dollars you spend you get 10 dollars back and you get 15 percent off on your birthday" They really stress those stupid credit cards, so if you can impress the manager when it comes to that you've pretty much got the job. You don't need to freak out and over prepare for the interview. You don't wanna look too nervous. Just smile A LOT, be really friendly, and show that you're willing to learn. Also, dress PROFESSIONALLY. Me and three other girls where interviewed for the same position. One wore a blue jean skirt and sandals, one wore white skinny jeans and toms, and I wore black slacks and ballet flats with a nice top. Needless to say I got the job. How you dress can make a difference!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.