Pier 1 Imports News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Pier 1 Imports stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

don't do it in Bedford, Texas

98 months ago

This company is going down fast... two sets of layoffs in their corp. office, with a third on the way...numerous store closings.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

RUDY GOMEZ in Fort Worth, Texas

98 months ago

Thanks for the update. This verifies exactly what I had advised my buddy about Pier 1.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

bba in Yonkers, New York

98 months ago

RUDY GOMEZ in Fort Worth, Texas said: Thanks for the update. This verifies exactly what I had advised my buddy about Pier 1.

they already started laying off full time mgrs ... there next move is getting rid of asst mgrs, having them work part-time so they can not have insurance, and according to the suits in texas, thats going to save them lots of money

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cindy Cox in Gainesville, Florida

98 months ago

The furniture is so nice but to pricy. I have always enjoyed the wide range of items. I was told last year that the room air freshener "Asian Spice" was discontinued, this weekend while shopping Peir One there it was on the shelf. Great for me I bought TWO. I hope that the Gainesville store does NOT close as Gainesville NEEDS this store, to bad it's not bigger or an OUTLET store. With the student population at the University of Florida there is always a need for the types of items our store carry. Good luck to all associates!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

pulido in Fresno, California

78 months ago

I have recently applied to a job opening at Pier 1 Imports and I have been called in for a interview. I wanted to do some research on the company before my interview because my current co-workers have told me to be careful because they have been on lists of store to close this year or soon. I am currently employed at another company that is also downsizing and my job could be in jeopardy there, although nothing has been verbally said to me. Any suggestions? I see that alot of time has passed since that last comments on this forum but I really need some advice. I dont want to leave a full time good paying job, to a company that will have me employed for three months then decide to close....help?...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.