How to get a job at Pier 1 Imports.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Do you work at Pier 1 Imports? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

anna in El Cerrito, California

91 months ago

walkin sawthesing , filled application and submitted resune

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (31) Reply - Report abuse

Jen in Dallas, Texas

63 months ago

If you're coming in to the store to fill out an application, at least dress respectively. Always remember that you'll probably have a chance to speak with the hiring manager the same day, so look serious about getting the job. I can't tell you how many people I've seen come into to the store wearing flip flops and sweat pants while asking for job applications...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Hmm in Gilmer, Texas

14 months ago

Now the application process takes place online. You just go to pier1.com/careers and fill it all out. They're pretty laid back about it. Just be honest on your application. They prefer people with some retail experience but definitely DO hire people with no work experience! The only experience I had when I applied was a one month seasonal job. When my manager interviewed me and asked questions about work experience, she just let me relate them to a school experience. DON'T call the store and ask to "check on your application" or come by the store just to talk to the manager about your application. They don't have time to be bothered with that. If a manager wants to hire you, they will call you for an interview. If you don't get called, you're not gonna get a job and bothering them isn't going to make it any better. We had several people do this and all the managers complained about it as soon as they hung up the phone. If you get an interview, show up early. Like 5 or 10 minutes. And dress nice. Don't show up in sandals and jeans. Wear black slacks, a nice top, and ballet flats. Smile a lot and just show that you're willing to learn and really friendly. It's not difficult.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.