Pilot Travel Centers LLC Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Pilot Travel Centers LLC?

What do you like best about working at Pilot Travel Centers LLC? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Bill in Austin, Texas

85 months ago

If you like working 60 hours plus (paid for 50) with virtually no time to do anything but run a register because no one seems to know how to make a schedule properly (this applies in all 5 stores I worked in) or don't because hours count toward the bonus and managers sandbag on purpose, making 35,000-45,000 per year, then you will love working here. The truckers are mostly rude and very impatient and expect to be treated like royalty when they treat you like crap. I've been in retail management for 20 years and this is the worst working environment ever. People constantly complaining about high gas prices, high cigarette prices, etc. The employees generally have been knowlegeable, polite, and dedicated, but the overall morale in the stores I worked in was horrible. If you're considering this as a career, I would say pass. Also, if interviewing with a RM or DM, ask them point-blank why they have such turnover in management? They have job postings constantly!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

caseyhm11 in Cantonment, Florida

80 months ago

I couldn't agree more, Bill. I work for Pilot as a manager and experience the same issues you mentioned. I spend more time on the register than anywhere else. What's worse, the store director does not support decisions made by the co-managers. For example, blantant acts of insubordination are disregarded. As a result, the hourly associates laugh at co-managers. We have no authority because the store director has the attitude, "Whatever, don't stress about it".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jerry morrison in Charlottesville, Virginia

77 months ago

i have been trying to get into management with your company since you guys came to danville in 2007,i have over 17 years of managerial experiences.i have worked over 65 plus hours in a week for several years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Vera Novikova in Sturbridge, Massachusetts

59 months ago

I worked as a Deli Hostess for just around a year. I didn't get one raise, or one review telling me why I didn't get a raise. Beyond that most of the drivers that come in are rude and ungrateful of all the work that does get done for them. Though there are a very small amount you can joke around with and talk to. I suspect they were only okay with me because I'm a young female. Also as a female I found this job to be very misogynistic.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.