Pitney Bowes Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (17)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Pitney Bowes?

What do you like best about working at Pitney Bowes? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Former PB EE in Smyrna, Georgia

93 months ago

Starting salaries are spartan, to say the least. Depends on which side of the organization you're in as far as bonuses and benefits. The special treat is you get to keep your job for a maximum 3% annual pay raise. The sales division has 100%+++++ turnover as they start with a barren base salary and require about a year of intensive training. The mailroom side is dissipating due to a huge increase in competition doing it better, faster, and more efficiently. If you're going to give yourself and your happiness to a large corporation, look elsewhere. All the money in the world couldn't put me back into this organization.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Pawtucket, Rhode Island

92 months ago

Their desktop support position in Providence was $19.21-$21.00/hr - not my cup of tea... plus they want a drug test - guilty until proven innocent.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Freeman in Englewood, Colorado

91 months ago

If any of you are a true salesperson you know it is not the base, it is the commish. I earn 100K my first year and even more the following years. So, shut up, go to work and create your own raise. Or get out of sales. Not eveyone is cut out to be a true producer. Try driving the big rigs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

SalesPro in NJ in Glassboro, New Jersey

91 months ago

I agree with you about the commish. I am a performer, but never worked for a large company. What does it take to succeed at HP?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

robert in Stafford, Virginia

89 months ago

Freeman in Englewood, Colorado said: If any of you are a true salesperson you know it is not the base, it is the commish. I earn 100K my first year and even more the following years. So, shut up, go to work and create your own raise. Or get out of sales. Not eveyone is cut out to be a true producer. Try driving the big rigs.

What do you mean drive the big rigs? Not everyone can drive a big rig Freeman. Driving a rig is a little more difficult to drive than a sedan or pick-up for most.(same with sales)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Todd in Grand Rapids, Michigan

89 months ago

The PB location here in West Michigan seems to have very high turnover. I figure there is a reason for that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

LOVE MY NEW JOB AWAY from PB in Hayes, Virginia

89 months ago

$100k is chump change if you have the experience! I will easily clear that just by residuals the last 6 months of this year.

There are better companies that pay better and don't have OZ up your ass! RUN AWAY AS SOON AS YOU CAN.

Former 10 year employee. Resigned after being written up for the one and only time for taking time off due to the loss of a loved one. Took me a year to find the perfect position and I was a top dog at PB. Pacemaker and top performer every year.

FU PB

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gp in Ballwin, Missouri

89 months ago

I'm all for better companies. What and where did you find them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Yoda in Port Saint Lucie, Florida

88 months ago

robert in Stafford, Virginia said: What do you mean drive the big rigs? Not everyone can drive a big rig Freeman. Driving a rig is a little more difficult to drive than a sedan or pick-up for most.(same with sales)

His point if your aren't cut out for sales go do something else. I you can't drive a big rig go do something else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chuck in Malvern, Pa

88 months ago

There benefits is HMO and there 401k is T.Rowe Price.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mark_h in Attleboro, Massachusetts

77 months ago

Just had an interview with Pitney Bowes and I am glad I checked here first.Any comments on or about the Providence branch will be appreciated

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dizzyahn in Dallas, Texas

70 months ago

Don't know much bout Pitney Bowes just yet, we were just taken over by PB on the 1st of January. For a fortune 500 hundred company they sure have a bad HR department. Nobody seems to know anything, end of the month now and we still getting the run around about trying to fix our paycheck errors and such.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

GYMMAN62 in Boise, Idaho

70 months ago

I WOULD SAY YOU FAR BETTER JOINING THE MILITARY THEN PB. I SERVED IN THE NAVY IN THE 60'S AND BELIEVE ME, YOU HAVE TRUE FRIENDS WHILE SERVING. AT PB THE MAIN INTREST OF MOST ASM IS THAT IF YOU ARE A NICE LOOKING WOMAN WELL WATCH OUT!!!!

PB WITH THERE OWN RIP OFF LEASING COMPANY AND OVER PRICED PRODUCTS
IS NOT WORTH THE STRESS FOR MAKING AS MUCH MONEY AS A GROCERY CLERK FOR AT LEAST THE FIRST TWO YEARS.I HAD A DRAW OF $1500 IN THE 80'S THEN 2K IT WAS DRAW BACK THEN. BET IT HASN'T CHANGED MUCH IN 2009.
I WOULD RATHER JUMP OFF A BUILDING THEN TO SAY " HELLO I AM FROM PB.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ex-PB Rep in Virginia in Richmond, Virginia

59 months ago

Ummm... okay listen. I also am an ex-PB employee, but I worked in the same district as the guy in Hayes/Gloucester, VA - and I feel compelled to clarify a few things that this guy has ranted about. I agree with him that Pitney IS terrible. Absolutely true. However, reality is quite different from the way he thinks things happened while he worked there. I worked there for 10 years and this guy most certainly did NOT go to conference/Pacemaker every year. He was NOT a top dog ever. In fact, he wasn't even liked. He resigned because he didn't want to work in the Richmond office anymore instead of Virginia, and management didn't like him. And his loss of a loved one was a miscarriage, and management made him come back sooner than he wanted. Dickish? Absolutely. His manager was a complete jerk. But top dog, give me a break. He may have gone to Pacemaker once, but EVERY YEAR? I don't think so. And this "perfect position" he talks about is a lie too. Depending upon who you asked, he told them we went to work for a Pharmaceutical company, or DHL. But ultimately he ended up back with for the local Hasler dealership, but then he's not doing that anymore either. Yes, Pitney does suck, but at least tell the truth, or least the real truth, not the way you see it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Grown Man in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

45 months ago

Customer Service Associate part time will get you 10 dollars an hour, which in Philly is about three hundred and seventy dollars every two weeks. Drug test needed, plus a letter of recommendation on another company's letterhead.

No bonuses. Only benefit worth using(besides the usual) was the 20% verizon discount.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

K D in Wrangell, Alaska

25 months ago

Freeman in Englewood, Colorado said: If any of you are a true salesperson you know it is not the base, it is the commish. I earn 100K my first year and even more the following years. So, shut up, go to work and create your own raise. Or get out of sales. Not eveyone is cut out to be a true producer. Try driving the big rigs.

If you do not mind overcharging your customers and lieing to them PB may be for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.