Prince Telecom Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 57)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Prince Telecom?

What do you like best about working at Prince Telecom? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Seattle, Washington

93 months ago

BEWARE! This is one of the worst companies to work for ever. I worked there for 6 months and I've never seen so many people cone and go from a company. Your not going to make the money they claim your going to make, I've seen everyones pay stubs, very few do. And your never going to have a regular schedule. You show up at 7:30, and you might be sent home if they have no work, or you might be out till midnight. Yes, that does happen. Its paid by the job rather than by the hour, and there is alot of free labor they expect you to do. For example, they expect you to come in on your day off to do paperwork UNPAID, they claim driving to the office to file paperwork is not considered work.

Also if you drive to a house and nobody is home, YOU DON'T GET PAID. Only 75 cents for gas, but I've got news for you, that doesn't usually cover the gas it even costed you to go out there. They claim "If nobody is home, then your not working". Well, that's BS. I didn't spend an hour of my time, and gas money out of my pocket to drive out there and back, just because I enjoy it, its work. They cover themselves by saying...."don't worry, you'll never make less than minimum wage" well that's a bunch of bull, I signed up because their ad said I'd make 40K. Not be out struggling in hail storms, for minimum wage, and never knowing if i'm going to get off early enough to do anything besides go to bed. (yes, it does not matter what the weather, even weather construction workers don't think about working it, they work in). And to be honest, you can make less than minimum wage because of the time you put in unpaid (like coming on your day off), and the gas expenses that you may have paid out of your own pocket.

They always told me, "Its just the slow time, we'll have higher paying work next week", well it went 6 months and I never once saw a paycheck anywhere near what I was lead to believe I'd be making.

Theres MANY other bad things, but I'm out of room here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (85) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Fink in Renton, Washington

84 months ago

Everything this guy is saying is TRUE! I worked at the Sumner branch and let me tell you it was nothing but hell...the only thing that kept me there for so long was my friends that worked there and <Edited by Host: Name Removed>(MGR) Once he left to Seattle, the shop started to fall apart. I was spending close to 500 a month for gas and when i tried to get a signed statement from a manager for taxes, they told me they wouldn't do it because we got reimbursed a whopping 1.25 for a positive job. But we all know how that works when they send you to North Bend from Sumner and back to Federal way to pick up jobs from other techs. So when you bring home a $600 check for 2 weeks and you need at least 200 of that just for gas, its a little hard to make a living. Now im a plumber who makes $1000-1500 a WEEK! PLus we have gas cards!!! For anyone who is thinking of getting into the cable industry, i would really think about applying for Comcast and not one of their contractors. The benys are way better and the pay is stable. NO "SLOW" TIMES!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No Reply - Report abuse

chris e in pacolet, South Carolina

84 months ago

ALL of this is true I work For prince in GREENVILLE SC and they s#ck
You spend your money for gas.You may get your jobs and have what looks like good money but you go to do them you may do 2 out of 10 jobs for that day. But you gas you used.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michael Keyes in Dover, New Jersey

83 months ago

I am thinking of working for prince telecom in Kenvil NJ. Whats it like here. I do see it's busy. I did not get a direct answer on the benifits or how the gas reimbursment works in NJ. I was told it's different than other locations in the US. What is the average pay per Job? How many jobs per day?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

chris e in pacolet, South Carolina

83 months ago

Michael Keyes in Dover, New Jersey said: I am thinking of working for prince telecom in Kenvil NJ. Whats it like here. I do see it's busy. I did not get a direct answer on the benifits or how the gas reimbursment works in NJ. I was told it's different than other locations in the US. What is the average pay per Job? How many jobs per day?

You get about 10 jobs a day but you my only get to do 3 jobs for the hole day. When I worked for them most tech only made about 30-45 dollars a day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous411 in Oregon

83 months ago

The benefits are not bad. Pay is good , I bring home $1500+ every two weeks, NO JOKE. You get paid holidays and vacation,medical,dental vision,and all that. Short term disability but its bad compared to .since this wont let me sat it in here, the most popular insurance company that has the duck in its commercials "ah flack"

You are only allowed 5 days vacation. When you request for your vacation time there is a two weeks notice required for taking two days and four weeks for three or more days for it to be just denied .They wont let you know if it was approved or not until the last moments notice to just tell you it was denied. When you are sick they force you to count it as a vacation day so you are screwed as far as vacation time goes in any way. "yeah on my vacation I was very sick then I got to take a my kid on a trip to the hospital" It doesn't make since for them to do this to their employees. Its a use it or loose it vacation time.

On top of all that they don't like you working or claiming your overtime. They had this thing that if you have worked your 40 hrs and still have jobs to do they want you to call in to get an approval to continue working or to be sent home. Right now they kinda calmed down on all of that and I have been claiming my overtime with no problems.

There is a lot of BS to put up with but its a job. there isn't a job out there that doest have its flaws.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

honest one in Auburn, Washington

82 months ago

WHAT PRINCE REQUIRES FROM THERE EMPLOYEES

(PHASE2)

WE WILL ALSO WRITE UP ACTION MEMOS ON YOU AS WELL.
WHEN YOU ARE BROKE WE WILL SAY WELL ITS YOUR FAULT MAYBE YOU SHOULD LEARN TO MANAGE YOUR MONEY BETTER, WHEN WE KNOW WELL AT THE SAME TIME YOU ARE GOING BROKE SUPPORTING OUR COMPANY. WE KNOW YOU HAVE TO PAY ALOT TO WORK FOR US AND IF YOU CANT WELL THEN YOU CANT WORK. WE ALL HAVE TO MAKE SACRIFICES FOR OUR JOB EVERYDAY AND MINUTE OF OUR EACH WORKDAY RIGHT.
WE WILL TELL YOU ALL THE TIME THAT IT IS DYCOM DOING THIS, BUT THE TRUTH IS IF WE WEREN'T SUCH BABIES NIBBLING ON OUR THUMBS ALL THE TIME THEN MAYBE THEY WOULD GET AWAY WITH WALKING ALL OVER US JUST LIKE WE LET COMCAST DO ALSO. AND SURE WE KNOW A GOOD CHUNK OF IT IS US TO, BUT WE WONT ADMIT TO IT.
IF YOU ARE TO WORK FOR US YOU WILL HAVE KNOW RIGHTS AS A EMPLOYEE.
ONCE YOU WORK FOR US WE KNOW THAT YOU WILL FIND OUT THAT OUR HAD MAN <Edited by Host: Name Removed> PLAYS PING PONG ALL DAY WITH HIS FELLOW SUPERVISORS WHILE DYCOM IS PAYING ALL THIS MONEY TO HIM THINKING THAT HE IS ACTUALLY WORKING WHEN HE ISN'T. ALL WORK VEHICLES ARE TO HAVE CAMERAS EXCEPT FOR THE UPPER ADMINISTRATION THAT TAKE THEM OUT OF THERE VEHICLES AND TAKE HAVE TRUCK NUMBERS BUT NO HOWS MY DRIVING STICKER. THEN ONLY UPPER ADMIN IS ALLOWED TO HAVE CAR SEATS AND OTHER PEOPLE IN THEIR WORK VEHICLES WHILE THEY DRIVE THEM NOT TECHNICIANS.
IF YOUR EVER NEED SOMETHING DONE BY YOUR PROJECT MANAGER, ADMIN, OR CORP YOU WILL HAVE TO TAKE A NUMBER BECAUSE YOU WILL BE WAITING MTHS AND MAE SURE YOU KEEP REMINDIND US.
IF WE WANT SOMETHING DONE IT BETTER GET DONE LIKE THAT, BUT IF YOU WANT SOMETHING DONE YOU WILL WAIT FOR EVER AND IT MAY NOT EVER GET DONE.
UR MEDICAL AND BENIFITS BITE. THAT DONT COVER DIDLY SQUAT. YOU WILL PAY MORE AND MORE THEN WHAT THEY WILL BE WORTH AND COVER. AND ONCE INROLLED YOU MAY NOT CANCEL THEM WHEN EVER YOU WANT. THIS WILL NMAKE PRINCE LOOK BAD TO THE INSURANCE COMPANYS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Alabama in Alabama

81 months ago

I HAVE WORKED FOR PRINCE FOR ALMOST 6 MONTHS NOW. I THINK IT IS A GREAT COMPANY. I HAVE NOT HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS AS OTHERS. MY TRUCK IS FILLED UP BY PRINCE THREE TIMES A WEEK. OVERTIME IS NO PROBLEM IF YOU HAVE JOBS THEY HAVE TO BE DONE. WHEN I HAVE CALLED IN SICK I WAS NOT FORCED TO USE MY VACTION I JUST DIDN'T GET PAID. BENFITS ARE PRETTY GOOD COULD BE BETTER BUT COULD BE AWHOLE LOT WORSE. I AM NOT CHARGED FOR ANY OF MY TOOLS. PRINCE TAKES CARE OF ALL TRUCK REPAIRS.
I AM NOT SAYING THIS IS A EASY JOB BECAUSE YOU DO WORK YOUR BUTT OFF. RAIN SLEET OR SNOW. THATS JUST A PART OF THE JOB. I WILL SAY THE HARD WORKERS ARE THE ONES GIVING THE MOST AND BEST JOBS BECAUSE THEY ARE THE ONES YOU KNOW WILL GET THE JOBS DONE BUT I SEE NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.
PAY IS GOOD FOR ME BUT I EARN EVERY DOLLAR OF IT. I HAVE SEEN PEOPLE COME AND GO BUT THERE IS ALOT OF PEOPLE THAT JUST AREN'T CUT OUT FOR THIS JOB IT IS NOT A JOB FOR THE LAZY.
I WILL ALSO SAY EVERY OFFICE IS DIFFERENT I AM SURE NO ONE IS LIEING ON HERE BUT AS FOR ME I WORK FOR A GREAT OFFICE OF PRINCE COMPANY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

roberts29625 in Anderson, South Carolina

79 months ago

Anonymous411 in Oregon said: The benefits are not bad. Pay is good , I bring home $1500+ every two weeks, NO JOKE. You get paid holidays and vacation,medical,dental vision,and all that. Short term disability but its bad compared to .since this wont let me sat it in here, the most popular insurance company that has the duck in its commercials "ah flack"

You are only allowed 5 days vacation. When you request for your vacation time there is a two weeks notice required for taking two days and four weeks for three or more days for it to be just denied .They wont let you know if it was approved or not until the last moments notice to just tell you it was denied. When you are sick they force you to count it as a vacation day so you are screwed as far as vacation time goes in any way. "yeah on my vacation I was very sick then I got to take a my kid on a trip to the hospital" It doesn't make since for them to do this to their employees. Its a use it or loose it vacation time.

On top of all that they don't like you working or claiming your overtime. They had this thing that if you have worked your 40 hrs and still have jobs to do they want you to call in to get an approval to continue working or to be sent home. Right now they kinda calmed down on all of that and I have been claiming my overtime with no problems.

There is a lot of BS to put up with but its a job. there isn't a job out there that doest have its flaws.

Amazing how even thought this is the worst company ever you are able to half-way enjoy it....maybe if these other guys weren't so busy whining they could get some work done.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

goodolboy in asheville, North Carolina

77 months ago

all contractors are doing these unusually difficult things to explain. pretty soon all youll need is a greencard and a moped so dont worry about it. oh yeah and a trailer to drag along that roll of flex500 they now say u have to start running as an installer. words from one of my wise supervisors..."lay in there with it"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Rich Jones in Eugene, Oregon

64 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Prince Telecom?

What do you like best about working at Prince Telecom? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Prince Telcom sucks for a company. Why? Because they tell you your going to make all of this money, and the money depends on the work you do. The leads get all of the good jobs and your left with jobs that take you longer to do and you make less money. Also there are cameras in the trucks that watch your every move. More rules than the army has. I had to deal with thia fat supervisor who new nothing about the jobs at all. This guy was so fat all he did was sit on his butt all day. The other super was some guy who thought he was god. Not a good company to work for. Get a job that pays you an hourly wage.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

will67 Jones in Idaho

60 months ago

To All:

Do not work for Prince Telecom, they will mislead you after they hire you. I was told upon hire my travel would 40 percent of the month out of town, two weeks later they indicated now that travel would 80 percent away from home. I cannot be away from home so long, I have a son who needs me. If something happens to me on the road or to my son I would never forgive myself. Never believe what the Prince Management tells you!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

powersr8810 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

59 months ago

I worked for Prince in Seattle and within the 1st 2 weeks was making $1500 every paycheck. I was able to take a week of vacation time to go to Hawaii within 2 months of working there. My supervisor was a great guy too, if I ever had any sort of problem and needed the day off he found a guy to cover my shift and didn't ask questions. Yes, during the summer it sucked b/c they made us work mandatory 6 day weeks but hey that only means more money in my pocket. They wanted us to take care of our trucks on our own time but me and all the guys I worked with basically said f-that and just didn't do it. When my truck's brakes went out they just gave me a new one. The basic message I want to send is, if you actually work and take pride in what you are doing, the job will give you what you put into it, just like any other job. If you are a lazy slob and expect people to hand money to you for doing nothing then this is not the job for you. If you actually want to learn something that you could actually use when you aren't doing this work anymore, then try this out. And quit bitching, that doesn't say anything about Prince, it only speaks to your personality.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

me in Lynnwood, Washington

55 months ago

Ok so I worked for prince for 6 months and I have back problems, I have knee problems and I AM STILL PAYING MY CREDIT CARD OFF BECAUSE OF THEM!!!!!!!

I had to buy tools that they don’t provide, and the tools they do provide you must pay for out of your checks. You also have to pay for your phone ( $30/M), and your own gas. Must of the trucks are beaten up POS’s so they get 260 miles for a 18 gallon tank. Your fuel is reimbursed per completed job at 1.75 or so.

Let me put this in perspective. I would get 10 installs in the morning, and lets say each are separated by 10 miles that’s 100 miles. 100 Miles / 14MPG = about 7 gallons. 7 gallons at $2.80 of 87 = about $20 bucks. Does not sound that bad right?.... now lets add the 6 disconnects you have to do. $0.75 per each one completed, but again lets add 10 miles between each of these. That’s 60 more miles. For all 60 miles if you get all 6 completed 100% you will get $4.50. do I even need to continue?

Summer time; put your shorts away n’ say bye to loved ones. Mandatory 6th day;

Well its not so mandatory, its more like “well you don’t need to work that 6th day, but your next week route and job depend on that 6th day”… this is what I was told when I asked for one day off after falling asleep while driving. Its not that im lazy, its not that I party, it’s the fact that I get up at 5:30 every morning and drive to work so I can be there by 6:00 and if im lucky go home around 6 or 7 on a good day. You have to work that extra 6th day, and you will not get paid much. Over time is calculated by your weeks work added up and then devided by the number of hours you worked, then devided in half and that’s what you will get for any hours worked over 40. Does that make sense? Probably not so lets try this... lets say for 6 days I got 3 triple plays everyday each is worth $35(btw this is considered very VERY good). $35*6*3= $630, over 60 hours 630/60 = $10.50.> $10.50/2 = $5.25.> 20*5.25= $105.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

So it sounds like I should have made $735. Overtime is part of another tax bracket for prince (never heard of this till I started working here)

$630- 18.6% = about $516
$105 – 28.9% = about $75
Total $591 for this very good week. Plus you get 60 bucks for gas even though you spent $200 this week. Benefits are $31 per week. And tools would be about 20% of the remaining about left to payoff. OH and $7.5 for your phone a week…

$591-7.5-31-30= $522.

OH and gas.. 522=60 = 582. 200 for gas a week.

Grand total $382

So do you want to work for 60+ hours, 60+ hard sweating ass climbing in spider city, crawling in rat crap in hot moldy and humid crawl spaces, and listening to people whine and crap and yell at you… not to mention your lifting 60 lbs ladders and climbing up polls in SNOW and thunderstorms… then you will have your “safety inspector” sneak up on you and write you up for not backing your truck up. (im not going to lie I would like to smack up that little 4 foot mr. safety power tripper)

I also forgot that if its your final day (as in the next day you have off) you MUST return your paper work that NIGHT and do it in your truck (which sucks) or drive your ass back to work on your day off and fill it out there. And then some one will ask you to work because some one called in sick.

I can go on for hours But im going to call it good for now, sorry for any typos and what not but im off…

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Alabama in Alabama said: I HAVE WORKED FOR PRINCE FOR ALMOST 6 MONTHS NOW. I THINK IT IS A GREAT COMPANY. I HAVE NOT HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS AS OTHERS. MY TRUCK IS FILLED UP BY PRINCE THREE TIMES A WEEK. OVERTIME IS NO PROBLEM IF YOU HAVE JOBS THEY HAVE TO BE DONE. WHEN I HAVE CALLED IN SICK I WAS NOT FORCED TO USE MY VACTION I JUST DIDN'T GET PAID. BENFITS ARE PRETTY GOOD COULD BE BETTER BUT COULD BE AWHOLE LOT WORSE. I AM NOT CHARGED FOR ANY OF MY TOOLS. PRINCE TAKES CARE OF ALL TRUCK REPAIRS.
I AM NOT SAYING THIS IS A EASY JOB BECAUSE YOU DO WORK YOUR BUTT OFF. RAIN SLEET OR SNOW. THATS JUST A PART OF THE JOB. I WILL SAY THE HARD WORKERS ARE THE ONES GIVING THE MOST AND BEST JOBS BECAUSE THEY ARE THE ONES YOU KNOW WILL GET THE JOBS DONE BUT I SEE NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.
PAY IS GOOD FOR ME BUT I EARN EVERY DOLLAR OF IT. I HAVE SEEN PEOPLE COME AND GO BUT THERE IS ALOT OF PEOPLE THAT JUST AREN'T CUT OUT FOR THIS JOB IT IS NOT A JOB FOR THE LAZY.
I WILL ALSO SAY EVERY OFFICE IS DIFFERENT I AM SURE NO ONE IS LIEING ON HERE BUT AS FOR ME I WORK FOR A GREAT OFFICE OF PRINCE COMPANY

your next, YOUR FULL OF IT TOO...

1) they do not fill up your truck
2) its not a great company becuase anyone who works there hate it,
3) they have a lawsuit sucking the life out of them right now

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

to me in lynnwood

I worked in Bellevue/Kirkland area and obviously had a a different supervisor. I did not have to turn in my paperwork asap, I was able to turn it in within a few days. Like I said earlier too my paychecks were $1500+ and ya I had to pay for own gas but I guess I was routed better because my jobs were never further than a couple miles from each other. I also took the time every morning to route the most efficient route on my gps every morning too, so I guess its all about how you approach the day. If you just run haphazardly into your route without thinking about where you are going and when, then you will end up doing what you did, criss-crossing all over the place. But, in your defense, I never worked in Lynnwood so I can't speak for that area.

So... Yes I feel your pain. I worked the Seattle route for a month and it sucked, I just got lucky and put enough effort into the job that the management took notice and brought me to an area where 1) people wanted to be 2) where I could make money for me and the company and 3) somewhere close to where I lived. I do agree that paying for the phone sucked, paying for the gas sucked and working that mandatory 6th day sucked but if you don't like it then quit, there are plenty of people that will take over for you.

In response to your criticisms of me: (see previous post by you)
2) your full of it!
- Should be: you're not your. You're= you are, your= possessive, as in: your job, your car, your house, etc. (learn YOUR grammar)
3) you must be full of BS because if you can afford to go to Hawaii for a week, you would not be working there.
- How does this assessment make any sense? Just because I can afford to go to Hawaii means that I am above this job? In fact, I just know how to manage my money and I worked in an area where making more money was easier. Just because you are a victim of circumstance does not mean that you have to lash out at me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

powersr8810 in Philadelphia

looks like all you can attack me for is my grammar....

so tell me, why are you defending this company so much? why were you SO prompt to reply to my comment?

"if you don't like it then quit" ... I did. This was the worst job I ever took, I was guaranteed that after training and a month of field work I could get in to the engineering department for networking, as that is what I have a degree in. I was told "no we cant move you now, We need you in the field" one month later I quit. As for the income my last month one paycheck was 2600, at 72 hours, its not worth it at all!

" if you don't like it then quit, there are plenty of people that will take over for you." = scary... I could not believe the turnover rate! With the high turnover I Could watch the health of new employees. As a health nut I was astonished to see peoples eyes get puffy, bluish, they would gain weight have back pain and knee pain...

I dont care anymore, They are in a ton of legal sh*t for unpaid overtime so many people left after I did that managers had to get back in the truck and actually work.

Im out of the Prince madness, and now i work from home and love life! only good thing about prince is that when you quit you begin to re-LOVE life!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

I was prompt to respond because honestly I enjoy the drama that Prince spawns. LOL. I don't work there anymore and the previous stress that I used to feel is gone so its easy to look back and laugh since there is nothing I can do about the past. I do agree with you that the management likes to jerk people around quite a bit, but like I said earlier, I got lucky and had a pretty cool manager. The shop in Kirkland seems to have been pretty unique for Prince. We worked out of the actual Comcast facility and were pretty independent from the rest of Prince.

I also agree that being out of that job is nice. I went back to school to get a master's in a field that I am actually interested in and am far happier.

As for the legal thing, I am due a few grand so I am pretty happy about that too!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

witchone in Cherry Hill, New Jersey

55 months ago

I am sorry to hear that you guys are still having these issues, out there on the West Coast. Apparently you haven't had the team change that you obviously need. When I started at Prince, much of the same ridiculous bs was happening. It was almost funny to watch. I am about work and the quality of it, so to say that I hate drama, is an understatement. I have no time or energy to spare for it. Thanks to the leadership and new changes we made, and are contiuing to make in the Liberty Region, many of the things you all mention are gone. Oh yes! we still have a long way to go, but at least we are making progress. The hours are still long, but we are getting paid for all of it.No one is lied to, and as a matter of fact, our recruits are told at the beginning exactly what they are in for. Cable business is not an easy job, and it is not for everyone, but the money is there if it is your priority, but it has to be a priority! I hope that these new changes spread over to you all soon. P>S> We have a fleet manager who takes care of our trucks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Just an FYI It is illegal for any company not to pay you for the hours that you work, We had to go thru a yearly training session for every employee. We also had to sign a legal document that stated that we fully understood this. And to go further than that, we were told that there would be possible suspension or termiation for anyone who did not comply with this standard. Talk about a full 360.

55 months ago

me in Lynnwood, Washington said: your next, YOUR FULL OF IT TOO...

1) they do not fill up your truck
2) its not a great company becuase anyone who works there hate it,
3) they have a lawsuit sucking the life out of them right now

Guess again! No one in our shop pays for gas! I know it is a pilot program, but if your shop can get going, it will happen for you too! Shop profitability is what it is all about. Do you know what your shop's bottom line is? maybe it's time you did!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

yes its illegal, its also illegal for managers to say if you dont work the 6th day then we will give you a sh1tty route next week... under the fair employment act.

I have a question, for anyone that says they worked for prince in Seattle or Redmond.

whats the name of the camera in the truck?
how did the camera work?
what days did Redmond have safety meetings?
what days did Seattle have safety meetings?
what did the managers in Seattle drive?
how many check out lanes are in seattle?
did we ever get a new copier in seattle?
where did we get to park in redmond?
what nationality was the redmond manager?
whats the first initial of the seattle MAIN managers name?
did two managers in seattle have the same first name?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

yea i agree...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Anonymous in Seattle, Washington -

yup all true and scary

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

whats the name of the camera in the truck? forget
how did the camera work? when you stopped too hard, turned too fast or went over a bump
what days did Redmond have safety meetings? wednesday if I remember correctly
what days did Seattle have safety meetings? forget
what did the managers in Seattle drive? same trucks the techs did
how many check out lanes are in seattle? 2 if I remember correctly
did we ever get a new copier in seattle? no idea
where did we get to park in redmond? in the Comcast lot along the east fence
what nationality was the redmond manager? samoan
whats the first initial of the seattle MAIN managers name? J I think
did two managers in seattle have the same first name? possibly?

Do you not believe that I was actually there?

55 months ago

Working 6 days per week is not illegal, and, is a reality in this area of work, You should have been told this at you orientation. However, intimidation, whether verbal or actual, is and should be reported immediately to Human Resouces at Prince. If you don' feel comfortable reporting it to Prince for any reason, then, Dycom has an excellent Human Resource department. If you feel that you have a bully system where you work, then they should be exposed. The managment team at Prince has worked too hard to repair this kind of damage to allow 1 or 2 bad apples to spoil the bunch.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

njcabl

55 months ago

Hey witchone, You are so full of BS, and I think I know who you are. Of course it is not illegal to work 6 days a week, but to work the sixth day, which is most likely your 60-70th hour of the week, and make $60 because you are really only covering for the same people who no call/no show every time it is their turn to work, is unnecessary. Intimiidation is not only encouraged but practiced among management. There have been so many posts on the internet about the Prince management style across the country, thay all can't be wrong. How hard has the Prince management team worked to repair anything, they have settled numerous suits, and have more pending, even in your Libery Division, which has just lost all of its Philadelphia work. You have lost $5 million a year in business easily, and you let Comcast do it to you. Prince's HR department is a joke, and Dycom would help if they really knew what was going on, and they will now that there is yet another lawsuit brewing in the Phila/NJ area. There was no 360 degree change of management style, only a 180 degree turn to avoid more legal action. What new leadership and/or changes have you made? Your are a propaganda puppet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Hahahaha I love this forum, so much angst!

55 months ago

njcabl said: Hey witchone, You are so full of BS, and I think I know who you are. Of course it is not illegal to work 6 days a week, but to work the sixth day, which is most likely your 60-70th hour of the week, and make $60 because you are really only covering for the same people who no call/no show every time it is their turn to work, is unnecessary. Intimiidation is not only encouraged but practiced among management. There have been so many posts on the internet about the Prince management style across the country, thay all can't be wrong. How hard has the Prince management team worked to repair anything, they have settled numerous suits, and have more pending, even in your Libery Division, which has just lost all of its Philadelphia work. You have lost $5 million a year in business easily, and you let Comcast do it to you. Prince's HR department is a joke, and Dycom would help if they really knew what was going on, and they will now that there is yet another lawsuit brewing in the Phila/NJ area. There was no 360 degree change of management style, only a 180 degree turn to avoid more legal action. What new leadership and/or changes have you made? Your are a propaganda puppet.

LOL njcabl! leet me try to address some of your comments as fairly as I possibly can. First: I doubt that you know me at all! (very few people do) or you would know that I speak the truth always, popular or not. I did, however have the opportunity to call HR at Prince, and I must say that even scepitical me was impressed. Not only did they fix my problem, but they explained how it happened, who was involved, and it was done by the end of the day, never to happen again! I'm sorry that your experience wasn't the same. Second: I work 6 days EVERY week, an average of 60-65 hours per week, and sometimes as many as 75.But I don't make 65-70 dollars a day, because I break my butt. I schedule my time at 10 minute intervals, and I don't leave until everything is done!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Ill say that I need not have any luck with HR at Prince, they would call me back on the job and I could not talk to them. by the time I get around to actually talking with them they are off for the day... once they told me everything is listed in the employment hand book and that WA is a work at will state, <click, hung up>

lol

55 months ago

I'm sorry, me in lynnwood.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

con't for njcable, Third:There have been quite a few changes in the Liberty Region since I got there a few years ago, we lost a lot of negative and dead weight, and we continue to critique on a quartly basis. Fourth: If you walk past a problem,any problem, then you are saying by action that you agree or it is alright. IF YOU ALWAYS DO WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS DONE,YOU'LL ALWAYS BE WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN. Are you ok with that? if not, DARE TO MAKE A CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

njcabl

55 months ago

I think you need to improve your critiquing, MT Laurel is part of the Cherry Hill sysytem, correct, this was taken from another feedback site,:

From Mount Laurel NJ — 06/04/2010

Wow where can I start its so many things.Company is bad really bad!No management!Nothing is properly organized.you have to pay for your own gas.You are forced to pick up work during the day and once you think your done for the day your forced to pick up more work.Sups dont help you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

njcabl said: I think you need to improve your critiquing, MT Laurel is part of the Cherry Hill sysytem, correct, this was taken from another feedback site,:

Wow where can I start its so many things.Company is bad really bad!No management!Nothing is properly organized.you have to pay for your own gas.You are forced to pick up work during the day and once you think your done for the day your forced to pick up more work.Sups dont help you

no one pays for gas in Mt Laurel, and The Cherry Hill system is doing a lot better than any other of the surrounding systems. Every truck has it's own gas card.Again,Everyone is told exactly how the workload is shared during the day. I do admit that organization was and still is a challenge, but any national company will have some of these problems, especially during growth. Unless you were here for the before and after, it would be difficult to understand. We do and we will continue to have some organizational issues for some time to come. But, I can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel, where before there was truly only darkness. And, knowing what it was before I can appreciate how far we have come.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Manic Depressed in Reno, Nevada

48 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Prince Telecom?

All of the aformentioned bashing is right on! It's nice to see employees in other areas with similar issues because I thought it was me personally. I worked for prince 2 times, quit and actualy rehired a year later and beleive me I begged to get back in...little did I know what I was in for. The scope of work per what we get paid is b.s., the roles of "in house" and contractor" Its b.s. too, inhouse ppl doing 60 points or less a day I work harder sqeezing a turd out in the morning. I just quit again and I lost hundreds of dollars from working here, physical health issues from not recieving enough time off. mental health issues. The entire company along with charter needs a overhaul, too many ppl with money in mind and that whats really going on. The companies entire organization sucks. The employess hate their jobs. And charter has prince by the go nads and so we do whatever they want. I would not be surprised to see more lawsuits against prince in the future

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Eddie Alvez in La Canada Flintridge, California

48 months ago

powersr8810 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I worked for Prince in Seattle and within the 1st 2 weeks was making $1500 every paycheck. I was able to take a week of vacation time to go to Hawaii within 2 months of working there. My supervisor was a great guy too, if I ever had any sort of problem and needed the day off he found a guy to cover my shift and didn't ask questions. Yes, during the summer it sucked b/c they made us work mandatory 6 day weeks but hey that only means more money in my pocket. They wanted us to take care of our trucks on our own time but me and all the guys I worked with basically said f-that and just didn't do it. When my truck's brakes went out they just gave me a new one. The basic message I want to send is, if you actually work and take pride in what you are doing, the job will give you what you put into it, just like any other job. If you are a lazy slob and expect people to hand money to you for doing nothing then this is not the job for you. If you actually want to learn something that you could actually use when you aren't doing this work anymore, then try this out. And quit bitching, that doesn't say anything about Prince, it only speaks to your personality.

I totally agree about this comment Your performance will only speaks for itself and either can open or closed doors for you in the future, and if you dont like what you do then work harder to get a better one that might be best for you, if you really love what you do they shouldnt be any complains in your part.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

robertor in Oregon

47 months ago

Hey has anyone in the Prince Telecom employ been hit with the new scope of work and the new payout sheet. I did the math and found that with the new rate I have taken a 33.67% pay cut I cant survive now on what they are paying let alone this new rate. Comcast only gives us enough work for most of our crew to work 4 days in a row thur-sunday some in our shop only get 3 days. This has got to have something to do with the unpaid overtime class action lawsuit prince is going to settle and pay in april they say paybacks a b--ch so now they have found a way to get us back. We were told that Comcast renegotiated the contract again this makes 2 hard pay cuts in 3 years but the salaried upper management you know kept their pay where it was

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

robertor in Oregon

47 months ago

And dont get me started on the load of bad equipment we are getting stuck with our HD DCT's maybe 2/3s of them will work. so if you get work orders calling for 3 for the day you had better take out at least 5 if not 6 to protect your fuel since we have to pay for our own gas in the company trucks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mikedoormatt in Lake Oswego, Oregon

46 months ago

do not go to work for this company!!!! they get sewed nation wide yearly for labor violations. crap money, no benefits, it's cheaper to pay medical outta pocket than to pay for the offered plan.

"Hey has anyone in the Prince Telecom employ been hit with the new scope of work and the new payout sheet. I did the math and found that with the new rate I have taken a 33.67% pay cut"

You are correct Sir! They got soo much flack Comcast reissued the bid and increased it by around 10%. still a big kick to the groin! 23% loss is a huge pay cut!

If You can find any other job do it! Don't get stuck at prince!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tom in Riverside, New Jersey

46 months ago

robertor in Oregon said: And dont get me started on the load of bad equipment we are getting stuck with our HD DCT's maybe 2/3s of them will work. so if you get work orders calling for 3 for the day you had better take out at least 5 if not 6 to protect your fuel since we have to pay for our own gas in the company trucks.

Robert...greetings. Can you tell me what computer equipment you are provided and possibly need to purchase to perform you job. I've been doing research on the industry and so far most of the equipment is from a company called Intermec and the model most often used is the CN3. Does that sound familiar to you? Hope you have a great weekend. regards, Tom

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

bfs in Loveland, Colorado

45 months ago

witchone in Cherry Hill, New Jersey said: Working 6 days per week is not illegal, and, is a reality in this area of work, You should have been told this at you orientation. However, intimidation, whether verbal or actual, is and should be reported immediately to Human Resouces at Prince. If you don' feel comfortable reporting it to Prince for any reason, then, Dycom has an excellent Human Resource department. If you feel that you have a bully system where you work, then they should be exposed. The managment team at Prince has worked too hard to repair this kind of damage to allow 1 or 2 bad apples to spoil the bunch.

yes it is very very very illegal and they can shut that company down quicker tha sh/t not only in the place its going on in but everywere for that one company,s doings ask any laber board employee.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

bfs in Loveland, Colorado

45 months ago

njcabl said: I think you need to improve your critiquing, MT Laurel is part of the Cherry Hill sysytem, correct, this was taken from another feedback site,:

i want to be a supervisor there

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bob in Kingwood, Texas

43 months ago

Now, I've had probably 12-15 different jobs since I was a teenager. Prince Telecom was by far the worst company I have ever worked for (and I've been in the military, and worked in Middle East). SORRY pay, had to pay for truck gas, being out till 1:30am on my route (TRUE) all led to me quitting. I just had it. I would clear about $900/ bi-weekly, which I had to deduct gas money of $120/week from. That would leave me with about $300/week for what was usually 70+ hours/week.

When I quit, we were already on a 90 day probation period on our contract because of poor performance. Looks like they shut down the office in Hammond, LA because I just passed by and the building is for rent. I would be embarrassed to own that company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

tec in Decatur, Georgia

42 months ago

I applied to this company and sat down for the group interview. They couldn't give me a clear answer about how much they would pay. I walked out the door. Sounds like I would have been paying THEM(gas,tools,etc). LOL. Some advice: Only work hourly. Salary means they don't want to pay overtime, or will make you work for free.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tired and broke in Spokane, Washington

42 months ago

I'm not sure where to begin but here it goes. I got hired on with Prince telecom about six months ago with the dangling carrot of making $1000 or more a week. Before getting the job I googled Prince telecom and found some bad reviews. I thought/hoped that it was just one or two disgruntled employees being jerks on the Internet! I soon discovered that almost every thing they said was true. The largest paycheck I've had yet was $452 for 72 hours of work. I had to buy many of my own tools because they just didn't have any to issue me yet. I spent almost $1500 on tools for this job, things I was told I needed to have! Let's start with the routes. The routes are assigned by one of our supervisors and if you don't get along with your supervisor you get really bad routes with only disconnects that pay less than four dollars per job. By the way I'm still not sure what I get paid for each job. You often need to have a laptop to provision modems and telephony systems. After several weeks in the field I still hadn't been issued a laptop and when I finally got one they didn't give me a power cord so I had no way to turn it on or charge it! If you can't provision it with your company issued laptop or the customers virus-infected computer then you have to call IVR and have them provision it for you. Not so bad right, wrong! Anytime you call that number to activate services it counts against your job score which affects your pay level! You get written up for mechanical issues with the company trucks but they won't fix the problems. I have called my supervisor before when I needed his help at 3:30 in the afternoon and was told to call someone else because he was off work. That's nice when you are out until 930 or 10 o'clock at night and he is home playing video games! I could go on and on but to sum it up Prince telecom is the worst company I have ever worked for! If you are even thinking about applying there, don't! Run the other direction and run fast.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

J in Riverside, New Jersey

36 months ago

Employed by PrinceTelecom for 3.5 years I can honestly tell you that my best experience was being terminated
for going home sick. This is not a good company to work for, 1st off, your paid on "Piece work rate" it is
possible to spend over an hour on a job site and if for any reason you cannot complete the task your not
going to get paid for your time. Well, you kinda do, as they calulate your base pay by the billing codes
submitted and divide by 40 to arrive at your hourly rate for that week, but your not really getting paid
for that non-billed time. A few other items I'd like to mention is Long Days, 12-16 Hours, over loaded
with work, there is no time for lunch, althought you will be instructed by a PrinceTelecom supervisor to
list a lunch on your daly work record. Benifits are not equally shared, 1 technician will get 2 weeks paid
vacation, while another will receive 1 week when both employees have equal time with the company.

Health benifits are available, but you will find the health insurance carrier unwilling to pay there share
without fighting tooth and nail over a period of months. The truck you will be driving has a dash mounted
camera system that observes your driving habits. Your required to attend "Safety Meetings" don't expect
to be compensated for your time.

Management has a hostile view towards it's technician employees, THIS IS NOT A NICE PLACE TO WORK !!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Buns in Brick, New Jersey

33 months ago

I work for prince in toms river nj they pay for the gas and for all of our tools you will not make more then 700 a week without working 7 days a week and false billing like many techs do I've seen atleast 15 to 20 guys come and go in 1 year and they could give spit about it it's a pretty weak company overall management wants everything out of you and give back nothing in return the pay rate for the job you do should be illegal it's straight robbery ...food for thought Comcast charges 149.99 for a wireless router install and techs get 4 dollars straight sickening

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AD in Hendersonville, North Carolina

27 months ago

chris e in pacolet, South Carolina said: You get about 10 jobs a day but you my only get to do 3 jobs for the hole day. When I worked for them most tech only made about 30-45 dollars a day.

You obviously didn't consider sales. I used to ASK for 3-4 jobs per day, so I could make 1 or two sales at every job. I averaged $100 a day just sitting around talking to the customer half the time!

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.