What's the company culture at Proctor Hospital?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Proctor Hospital?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Proctor Hospital?

Reply - Report abuse

Han in Coal Valley, Illinois

17 months ago

I personally found it to be a hostile environment. At first people smile and are friendy. The first day I walked into the breakroom in the department I hired into there was an employee complaining about the shortge and stated "When people find out about this place they leave". I brushed this off because you always have 1 or 2 that are dissatified but as time went on I found that to be true. Nursing was severly over worked and more times than not were unable to take anything other than a 20 minute lunch break in a 12+ hour shift. The documentation and order system is of course computer generated. The system its self is poor at best and is frequently down and will take as long as 5 minutes with each log on. Everyone from the cna to the physician complains about this. Money of course is an issue as with most other institutes due to decrease in insurance payments and medicare but the staffing I felt was adjusted many times to hastily and did not account for potential addmissions and discharges. I love nursing and have been a nurse for many many years but when I started voicing my concern I was treated poorly by my manager and made to feel like an idiot. I love nursing and the medical field. This could be an awsome place to work. I feel they do not look at their nursing as being educated nurses. But that is my personal experience. Others are die hard employees but most of them have been there awhile. Im not saying do not work there but be careful about how you feel and what you say! You will be pushed out the door for being an independent thinker.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.