Background check - Is Withheld Adjudication considered as bad as a conviction?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

junbug in Austin, Texas

79 months ago

I recently applied for the call center representative job, and I was wondering if anyone knew if an adjudication of guilt withheld on my criminal background is considered as bad as a felony conviction. Some companies don't consider it a conviction, but others do.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

R in Round Rock, Texas

43 months ago

I would like to know too. I completed Deff Adjudication Probation a few years ago for basically a bad check and would really like to work for Progressive, Scott and White or pretty much anything other then retail or fast food. Most won't even consider you. I wish everyone did background checks before even a phone interview or first interview at all to not waste our time if they aren't going to consider us who have one screw up.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

longcooloneatx in Austin, Texas

29 months ago

Is there a time frame that they go back on criminal? 10, 20 years? I did have a POCS 30 years ago. I have a phone interview today... will they do the background after phone interview and take into account how much background and experience you bring into the company or is it a straight NO after all the interviews and assessments?

Reply - Report abuse

longcooloneatx in Austin, Texas

29 months ago

I have phone interview today. POCS conviction 35 years ago. Does anyone know if there is a time frame they go back or after all the interviews and tests... you are no longer considered?

Reply - Report abuse

gixerkiller in Gardena, California

29 months ago

Criminal background checks are for your entire life, even juvenile notations come up.

The company determines how far back they wish to go. It is a matter of position, and responsibilities.

If you have been charge with check fraud, you will not get chosen to work with money at all, If you were charged with hacking, you will not be chosen to work with computers of tech that can be used for such a purpose.

An SOC, or non adjudicated case is an issue for companies these days. Insurance is very tight on the backgrounds....they have to be due to the amount of personal data.

It took a month for me to get my agent license....they check everything..

Reply - Report abuse

xman in Coppell, Texas

26 months ago

gixerkiller - when you say they check everything, what exactly does that mean? They do a FBI check or check state by state, county by county or?

Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.