Background check timeframe

Comments (16)

mikeswife in Goodyear, Arizona

81 months ago

I am currently in the background check part. I was wondering if anyone knew how long that usually takes.

Gemini1999 in Citrus Heights, California

81 months ago

As I recall, the background check only takes a few days. In my case, it was only 2 or 3 days. I don't know if that's typical or not though.

mikeswife in Goodyear, Arizona

81 months ago

Gemini1999 in Citrus Heights, California said: As I recall, the background check only takes a few days. In my case, it was only 2 or 3 days. I don't know if that's typical or not though.

Thanks! Hopefully I will hear from them soon then.

desmoface in Cleveland, Ohio

78 months ago

I was notified that my interview went well and that they were starting the background check, this was about a month ago (day before thanksgiving). About 2 weeks ago I had a call from the company performing the background check, nothing since then. Only thing they will find on me is a ticket from a couple months ago, can't imagine that would affect my acceptability for a desk job?

The job is supposed to start in about a month, dunno if I should contact them or just wait? The waiting is the hardest part; someone should write a song about that LOL.

Tina Schultz in Cleveland, Ohio

78 months ago

desmoface in Cleveland, Ohio said: I was notified that my interview went well and that they were starting the background check, this was about a month ago (day before thanksgiving). About 2 weeks ago I had a call from the company performing the background check, nothing since then. Only thing they will find on me is a ticket from a couple months ago, can't imagine that would affect my acceptability for a desk job?

The job is supposed to start in about a month, dunno if I should contact them or just wait? The waiting is the hardest part; someone should write a song about that LOL.

***Be thankful you got this far, I have had two interviews with Progressive and each time I was not able to make it past the assesment test, was told I did not qualify but my resume was expressive. I have over 25 years of auto insurance background. I think at this time I have given up on Progressive!!!

78 months ago

Hi Tina, yeah, they have a reputation of being very tought to get into. Funny, I posted my question yesterday, and lastnight at about 745pm I get a call from Progressive. They offered me a "Part Time" Cust Svc position even though I had applied for a Full Time position. They said the Full Time class was full.

Or, I could interview for an incoming sales position, full time. So, I have a phone interview tomorrow at 2pm. I hope to God that I don't have to go through the "in person" interviews again, that wasn't fun. But, I guess I'll do what I have to do to get a job. Tina, I do hope you found a job, it's so bad in this area.

Steve

78 months ago

God has finally answered my prayers, I just receive a job offer with another company and I start on Monday. I have been out of work since February of 2008. So what area are you from????

78 months ago

Hi Tina, that's great news, I'm in the Mentor area. Did you get a job in insurance?

78 months ago

Yes it is in insurance, it is only temp work but they said it could turn into full time.

78 months ago

Good deal. I hope it works out for you.

78 months ago

I hope so too. Good luck on your new job as well. Have you worked in insurance before????

78 months ago

Yep, I just sold my agency which I've had for the last 14 years.

78 months ago

If you don't mind me asking, what was the name of your agency. I was with Nationwide Insurance for 10 years

78 months ago

Hi Tina, shoot me an e-mail (desmoface@yahoo.com) and I'll respond with my agency info...Never know who's reading these forums, not that it matters...

78 months ago

will do

Kitty in Chagrin Falls, Ohio

60 months ago

Went through telephone interview, face to face and background check, I did not make the cut though I guess the answers I gave to their standard interview questions weren't up to par. Has anyone gone through this also?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.