Delayed Hiring Process?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

bobinthemidwest in Somewhere, Florida

109 months ago

Has anyone experience a total lack of organization when dealing with Progressive recruiters?

I was supposed to learn whether or not I got the job 2 weeks ago and my recruiter still says that my paperwork from the interviewing managers has yet to be turned in. Also, he barely ever calls when he says he will.

WTF????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gemini1999 in Citrus Heights, California

103 months ago

I didn't experience that at all...

I tested when I was supposed to, I had the phone interview on the day and time that I was scheduled for. I had the in person interviews with their managers right on time and I was told that I would hear something in about a week. I heard from the recruiter exactly one week after I was interviewed. I never had to call them or anything. If I did have questions, I usually just contacted my recruiter by email - her replies were very prompt.

It was an excellent, although drawn out, hiring process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Reidh03 in Cleveland, Ohio

9 months ago

I also didn't experience that at all. It WAS a very lengthy hiring process with Progressive, but they have fantastic people and I understand why they're "extra critical". I had a discrepancy on my background check, but still, the total time it took from application date to hire date was only 4 weeks and that includes me fighting the discrepancy. I start November 30th and I absolutely cannot wait!! Good luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Candy A in Texas

9 months ago

I have experienced lack of communication, etc. I was told to reach out to recruiter and have although no return emails or phone calls. 2 way exchange? I went all the way through all interviews. Did well and have not heard 2.5 weeks later. On the site where you can track your status, there is no update. It still just says on-site interviews.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

CJ in Gadsden, Alabama

9 months ago

Candy A in Texas said: I have experienced lack of communication , etc. I was told to reach out to recruiter and have although no return emails or phone calls. 2 way exchange? I went all the way through all interviews. Did well and have not heard 2.5 weeks later. On the site where you can track your status, there is no update. It still just says on-site interviews.

I'm in the same boat as you. Have you heard anything yet? Just wondering how long it takes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Candy A in Texas

9 months ago

CJ in Gadsden, Alabama said: I'm in the same boat as you. Have you heard anything yet? Just wondering how long it takes.

It should not take that long, that is called disorganization. I was called in the evening to let me know that although professional, etc (Note: I have been in claims) that they were not selecting me because they need someone whom thinks fast and makes decisions fast. I asked for an example of something in my interview that would suggest that I cannot do that as I have worked in multiple positions all of which I had to critically think and be proficient and fast. It didn't make sense. I did receive a candidate experience survey and did not rate them highly as there was complete lack of communication on their end, etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

CJ in Gadsden, Alabama

9 months ago

Thanks for your response. I'm sorry about your negative experience. I don't understand why they would call to tell you that you didn't get the job. Most companies will usually just send an email. I received a call from them today, but couldn't call back right away. She said if I didn't reach her today to call back on Monday because she'd be out until then. I thought maybe they were going to make an offer, but now I'm wondering if she's going to tell me I didn't get it. Guess I'll have to wait until Monday to find out. Great.

Kcook in Newark, New Jersey

7 months ago

Candy A in Texas said: I have experienced lack of communication , etc. I was told to reach out to recruiter and have although no return emails or phone calls. 2 way exchange? I went all the way through all interviews. Did well and have not heard 2.5 weeks later. On the site where you can track your status, there is no update. It still just says on-site interviews.

Did you ever here back?? I'm waititing also

Kcook in Newark, New Jersey

7 months ago

CJ in Gadsden, Alabama said: I'm in the same boat as you. Have you heard anything yet? Just wondering how long it takes.

Same for me! Any news yet?

CJ in Gadsden, Alabama

7 months ago

Kcook in Newark, New Jersey said: Same for me! Any news yet?

I didn't get it. They called me to tell me I didn't get it. Weird. I wish you the best of luck though!

Ryan in Charleston, West Virginia

6 months ago

I just had an in person interview a couple of days ago. At the end of it they said I probably wouldn't hear anything till the end of next week, possibly longer. Not sure why that would be. I have already done the background check. Unless their interviewing like 20 applicants, I'm not sure how if would be that difficult to make a decision about who they want. Im guessing it may also be part strategy on their end to see who all will stick it out through the end of the process. If you have other offers on the table, they wait to see if you will hold out for them, but that is a big gamble, unless you currently have a job you could stick with past all this. Good
Luck to all!

Bpaul in Dolton, Illinois

5 months ago

I'm in the same boat. I made it all the way up to where the online status says on site interview and the position still says active (accepting job submissions) but I have not received a call or email for an interview yet. It's been 2 weeks already and I'm going crazy! Any updates yet???

Kohn in Charleston, West Virginia

5 months ago

Bpaul in Dolton, Illinois said: I'm in the same boat. I made it all the way up to where the online status says on site interview and the position still says active (accepting job submissions) but I have not received a call or email for an interview yet. It's been 2 weeks already and I'm going crazy! Any updates yet???

In most situations like this, no news is not good news..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

ddinkins in York, Pennsylvania

2 months ago

Bpaul in Dolton, Illinois said: I'm in the same boat. I made it all the way up to where the online status says on site interview and the position still says active (accepting job submissions) but I have not received a call or email for an interview yet. It's been 2 weeks already and I'm going crazy! Any updates yet???

Did you get the job? What did your status update to?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.