Help..unable to apply due to no posting on Progressive Website but posting on indeed.com

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Ill in Amityville, New York

100 months ago

I am currently seeking employment and I am an experienced claims adjuster in New York. I came across a posting on indeed.com, for "Opening in our Melville Office", the posting read the following:

Progressive Insurance (42 comments) - Lynbrook, NY +1 location
Want to build your career with a world-class company that is one of BusinessWeek's "50 Best Places to Launch a Career"? We have a current opening in our East...
From NewJerseyJobNetwork.com - 15 hours ago - save job - more

My big issue is the fact that I went onto the Progressive Website (which is where they direct you to apply for the position. However, after searching the site, it does not list any openings for the Melville location. I am not sure if this is due to the fact that the position was just posted 15 hrs ago? Since I was unable to locate the position in Melville, NY, I was unable to apply at all.

Is there any that can help me with this issue?

PS There is no email address for the HR dept. or any fax no. where I would be able to fax my resume.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions that anyone could help me with.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Unemployed on the East in Hurlock, Maryland

100 months ago

I had a similar problem. A Claims position was advertised in my local paper (powered by CarrerBuilder), but the most recent opening on Progressives website was from 6 months earlier. I applied for the opening anyway and they called shortly thereafter.

Also, as I recall, my zip code wouldn’t pull up any openings. Only a state wide search allowed me to find the opening in my city.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sandra W. Taylor

97 months ago

I am an experienced Liability claims associate who recently took early retirement from Nationwide Insurance after 28 years of service, and am currently looking for employment in this related field with your company

Job Search Dolphin in Tampa, Florida

97 months ago

Guide

Ill in Amityville, New York said: I am currently seeking employment and I am an experienced claims adjuster in New York. I came across a posting on indeed.com, for "Opening in our Melville Office", the posting read the following:

Progressive Insurance (42 comments) - Lynbrook, NY +1 location
Want to build your career with a world-class company that is one of BusinessWeek's "50 Best Places to Launch a Career"? We have a current opening in our East...
From NewJerseyJobNetwork.com - 15 hours ago - save job - more

My big issue is the fact that I went onto the Progressive Website (which is where they direct you to apply for the position. However, after searching the site, it does not list any openings for the Melville location. I am not sure if this is due to the fact that the position was just posted 15 hrs ago? Since I was unable to locate the position in Melville, NY, I was unable to apply at all.

Is there any that can help me with this issue?

PS There is no email address for the HR dept. or any fax no. where I would be able to fax my resume.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions that anyone could help me with.

Companies sometimes just don't keep up their websites re: job postings.

Try using Google for "Progressive" and your city. Chances are it will list offices, and hopefully something with a phone number. If there's a number, my suggestion is to call. Let them know you saw a job advertised, but it's not on the corporate site. Who can you talk to or where can you direct a resume?

Might do the trick!

Charlie in Warrenville, South Carolina

97 months ago

Job Search Dolphin in Tampa, Florida said: Try using Google for "Progressive" and your city.

So the Indeed guide is advocating using google instead of the Indeed search? And you are a guide here? Stupid advice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.