Progressive's Background Check

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

John in Bronx, New York

75 months ago

I received a copy of the background check report that Progressive had run on me. Why would they cancel the background check? I am still waiting to hear if I was hired or not.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Gemini1999 in Citrus Heights, California

75 months ago

Receiving a copy of the background check is normal. I remember getting a copy of mine when I had it. It doesn't mean that the background check was cancelled.

Reply - Report abuse

Unknown in Cranston, Rhode Island

13 months ago

Did the company run a credit check as part of the background check? Don't know if I will be ok with the company pulling a credit check/report to determine employment.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Candy A in Texas

12 months ago

Unknown in Cranston, Rhode Island said: Did the company run a credit check as part of the background check? Don't know if I will be ok with the company pulling a credit check/report to determine employment.

They do not pull credit. Even if they did, it would have to be a soft inquiry.

Reply - Report abuse

Royamac@*****.*** in California

10 months ago

Just passed the employment assessment I was wondering how to they verify employment history. Do call each employer?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Ryan in Charleston, West Virginia

9 months ago

Royamac@*****.*** in California said: Just passed the employment assessment I was wondering how to they verify employment history. Do call each employer?

They will contact your previous employment offices, however, most companies will only allow HR to speak with them since that is where all records of current and former employees are housed. If you are worried about them contacting your current job, just ask HR the policy for how they handle inquiries from outside sources regarding your employment there. 9 times out of 10, your manager will not speak with them unless you give them their # specifically. This is done for accurate answers of employment, as well as, to protect the company from any unlawful action .

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Missy in East Orange, New Jersey

6 months ago

Candy A in Texas said: They do not pull credit. Even if they did, it would have to be a soft inquiry.

Hello,

I just scheduled my phone interview. I'm actually moving to Austin for NJ. How is the phone interview? If I sticky focus on STAR method will I be safe to say it should be a breeze since I have years of experience in the call center? If you have any pointers I'm all eyes to read :)

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

ephorn09 in Mesa, Arizona

3 months ago

Make sure you get your dates right. I goofed one number on my birth date on one sheet even though the remaining sheets and all other docs had correct date. Had to send in more forms which delayed the process by about a week.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Amy in Brandon, Florida

1 month ago

Royamac@*****.*** in California said: Just passed the employment assessment I was wondering how to they verify employment history. Do call each employer?

Supposedly they verify employment. I gave a bad phone number and told another variation of why I left my job.i still got hired

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Amy in Brandon, Florida

1 month ago

yes if you still with STAR you will be fine

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.