How to get a job at Progressive Insurance.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 83)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you work at Progressive Insurance? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

ammtraxxx in Austin, Texas

39 months ago

r2d2 33594 in Valrico, Florida said: reply to this post. i can share some tips

During the hiring process I was told that I would have to sign a contract that ensures I remain with the company for at least a year because the training is extensive and they don't want to train people who will leave any sooner than that. Does anyone who has worked for Progressive have any insight on this? I may have a job lined up this summer that pays more so I would rather not be contractually obligated for a year in addition to the four months of training...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

tcope in Sandy, Utah

39 months ago

I don't know of any case law that allows a company to make an employee keep a job. 1) if flies in the face of "right to work" laws (the same laws that allow an employer to fire an employee at any time) and 2) that is called slavery (or being indentured).

It's simply not enforceable. if you really wanted to be a butt head... ask them to sign the same type of document stating that they can't fire you for a year. :) They can't have their cake and eat it too.

Progressive is simply trying to make people think they have to work there and cannot quit. It's shady and speaks for the company mentality at Progressive. When you quit some idiot HR person may mention that portion of the contract. Just tell them to do whatever they want. If they do mention it, it's just them being on a power trip.

I'm really wondering what they say is going to happen if you do quit before a year. I wonder if it even states what their options are. I'd not be surprised if they left that out as then it's almost like a threat.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sheryl in Elk Grove, California

38 months ago

Does anyone know if the Pricing Analyst role is Exempt or Non Exempt? Is there schedule flexibility or the ability to occasionally work from home?

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SashieB in Citrus Heights, California

37 months ago

I have an interview there this Wednesday. I've been trying to review as many behavioral questions as possible to prepare, but I'm still nervous. I'm going to go in as confident as possible, but I'm dreading if they asking me a question that I completely didn't have time to review.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tcope in Sandy, Utah

37 months ago

Sashie, I think you will do very well at the interview. Regardless of the questions, behavior answers should work in many different situations. Some interviewers are good... But keep in mind some good points about yourself and don't forget to mention them. Part of the interview is to answer their questions but part of it is to sell yourself. Picture yourself in the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

SashieB in Rancho Cordova, California

37 months ago

tcope in Sandy, Utah said: Sashie, I think you will do very well at the interview. Regardless of the questions, behavior answers should work in many different situations. Some interviewers are good... But keep in mind some good points about yourself and don't forget to mention them. Part of the interview is to answer their questions but part of it is to sell yourself. Picture yourself in the job.

Thank You tcope for the advice!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

noonespecially in Cleveland, Ohio

36 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Progressive Insurance ? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

contact-the-ceo.com/blog/companies-not-listed/

has a complete list of names and numbers for people to contact

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

marie52868 in Colorado Springs, Colorado

32 months ago

mikeswife in Goodyear, Arizona said: Does anyone know if they do a drug test as part of the hiring process?

No they do not. I worked for them. When I asked why they don't they states one of the top dogs believes pot should be legal. lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

r2d2 33594 in Valrico, Florida

31 months ago

GodsChild in Flushing, New York said: For those who have been through these 2 person interviews and Phone interviews can you give me any of the questions that they ask?

email me at pregowithzoe@gmail.com. I have the questions they ask

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

Noone Specially in Cleveland, Ohio said: contact-the-ceo.com/blog/companies-not-listed/

has a complete list of names and numbers for people to contact

I do, email me pregowithzoe@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

because I can get them a job making 36k a year and they get it back + $50 when they get the job. which they will if they do everything I tell them to work on..thx jobseeker. would u like my hel[p?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jobseeker in Bethesda, Maryland

31 months ago

r2d2 33594 in Valrico, Florida said: because I can get them a job making 36k a year and they get it back + $50 when they get the job. which they will if they do everything I tell them to work on..thx jobseeker. would u like my hel[p?

Do you have a bridge to sell too? I am willing to buy all kinda stuff ya know...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

you don't have enough for the bridge I'm selling, you are obviously on here because you need an entry level job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

that's cool if you don't need help, but don't insult others that need assistance.AND my posting never said you had to pay me to get a job, I charge a fee to write resumes and cover letters and do mock interviews. If you don't need the service, I will just make sure you get an interview, if you get the job and I get my commission then I split a portion of it. Are you still seeking a job? You are spending too much time hating on me. Worry about yourself more and me less, my posting has nothing to do with you. If you are not interested just don't read it. thanks to you, 8 people have contacted me today, so I appreciate the advertising.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

VF1978 in Saint Petersburg, Florida

29 months ago

r2d2 33594 in Valrico, Florida said: email me at pregowithzoe@gmail.com. I have the questions they ask

I have been trying to get in for a while, and I would love some tips on how to get hired at the Riverview Center, who can I call and what are some of the questions asked, how does the interview go?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bloomfieldallison@*****.*** in Tampa, Florida

25 months ago

r2d2 33594 in Valrico, Florida said: I do, email me pregowithzoe@gmail.com

I am waiting on my phone interview for the inbound sales position can u give me a example of the question they ask thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shadow in Sacramento, California

24 months ago

I am not getting a password reset on the progressive site. It is not being sent to my Outlook email. Any suggestions??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

stephanie815 in Tampa, Florida

24 months ago

so any one know what the questions are at the phone p[rocess and the face to face interview. im waiting for my phone interview would love some pointers. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

racheal in Valrico, Florida

22 months ago

Any one looking for a job in claims email cuter2_d2@yahoo.com...I have been in claims for 10 years and can help u
You get a job as a claims reporter, claims adjuster or pip adjuster

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

racheal in Valrico, Florida

22 months ago

VF1978 in Saint Petersburg, Florida said: I have been trying to get in for a while, and I would love some tips on how to get hired at the Riverview Center, who can I call and what are some of the questions asked, how does the interview go?

Any one looking for a job in claims email cuter2_d2@yahoo.com...I have been in claims for 10 years and can help u

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tony Touch in New Port Richey, Florida

21 months ago

Chris in Brandon, Florida said: No drug testing. Ive been there for a year now and that is one of the things Progressive does not do or follow up on after you are hired.

Hey Chris, My name is Antonio and I am applying at the Riverview location I would really like some pointers on what I should say during the phone interview and I would also like to use you as a reference if I get the job I would be willing to pay you lol :) please get back with me about this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Progressive pays less to bilingual emp?? in Sacramento, California

21 months ago

I had applied for progressive-bilingual thinking that it would be a higher pay compared to regular customer service representative. The bilingual position goes from $13 to $15/hr; however there is a posting for customer service in the same call center and they start from 13.50 to $16.50??!
Can someone explain me if that seems right, everyone I have asked told me yet are paying more to bilingual employees..,,but this just seems outrageous!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Sally in Austin, Texas

18 months ago

Does anyone know if a DWI conviction (misdemeanor) from 5 years ago would disqualify me from a customer service position at Progressive. The application didn't ask about criminal background but they do run a background check and it will come up. I've been in recovery from alcohol problems the last 3 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

christianbreaux in Florida, Florida

16 months ago

Hello,
I am looking for job in progressive insurance.
But I need brief idea about the job please explain..
www.greatinsurancejobs.com/

Thank you

jake in Round Rock, Texas

16 months ago

W Gunner in Worden, Illinois said: If and when you find out how to get job with Progressive, please let me know. I apply every week and NEVER get an interview. I personally emailed HR and I am sure I black balled myself. The response I receive was so NASTY!!. i WILLPUT IT OUT SO ALL CAN SEE THE RESPONSE FROM HR!! I qualify for theposition, but i now know that I will never get an interview.

By the way, this is not true name because I am still applying.

So, I suggest just keep applying.

their hr dept is one big joke .they have no idea what their suppose to do..so they fake it and piss a lot of people off
the ones ii delt with could not even read their own forms correctly
and were very rude

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

christianbreaux in Florida, Florida

15 months ago

I am also searching job as an progressive insurance but didn't found suitable one till now.

Please suggest.

You may see this link: www.greatinsurancejobs.com/

jobhunt in San Jose, California

12 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Progressive Insurance ? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

I think you may have overdid it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ty in Broomfield, Colorado

12 months ago

prog employee in Orlando, Florida said: If u have not been at your other job a year that will be an issue

Why won't they hire you if you been at your job less than a year?

Sheen Matthews in Singapore, Singapore

12 months ago

So, as we determine if you're right for Progressive, we ask that you determine if Progressive is right for you. Approach the process as a two-way exchange in which we can learn about each other and evaluate if we’re a good fit. www.progressive.com/jobs/applying-interviewing/

Stamina4Days in Riverview, Florida

12 months ago

Ty in Broomfield, Colorado said: Why won't they hire you if you been at your job less than a year?

-because, Progressive is a call center in a lot of their positions. People who don't show good job stability worry the company. A lot of people that get hired here get bored with the same call after call, and eventually quit. Progressive wants to make sure they hire people that already show they can have no problem doing the same thing over and over again for months/years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Terry in Moultrie, Georgia

9 months ago

racheal in Valrico, Florida said: Any one looking for a job in claims email cuter2_d2@yahoo.com...I have been in claims for 10 years and can help u

I'm interested in a claims position.

Ros Jac in Austin, Texas

8 months ago

racheal in Valrico, Florida said: Any one looking for a job in claims email cuter2_d2@yahoo.com...I have been in claims for 10 years and can help u

Hello Racheal

I have an phone interview on Thursday morning is there any advise you can give me to be successful in this interview

DMartin in Riverview, Florida

8 months ago

r2d2 33594 in Valrico, Florida said: that's cool if you don't need help, but don't insult others that need assistance.AND my posting never said you had to pay me to get a job, I charge a fee to write resumes and cover letters and do mock interviews. If you don't need the service, I will just make sure you get an interview, if you get the job and I get my commission then I split a portion of it. Are you still seeking a job? You are spending too much time hating on me. Worry about yourself more and me less, my posting has nothing to do with you. If you are not interested just don't read it. thanks to you, 8 people have contacted me today, so I appreciate the advertising .

Hello, I'm wondering if you could assist me in acquiring a customer service position at progressive. My email is: deannamcontact@gmail.com

Yvette in Opa Locka, Florida

7 months ago

I am applying for a claims adjuster trainee job. What preparation do you recommend with interview questions and tips. What are they looking for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gixerkiller in Gardena, California

7 months ago

Yvette in Opa Locka, Florida said: I am applying for a claims adjuster trainee job. What preparation do you recommend with interview questions and tips. What are they looking for?

When you find out let us know.

I have applied several times and they always tell me to go away. I fit what they ask for 110%....I guess I need 150%.

TOMMY in Seffner, Florida

7 months ago

tcope in Sandy, Utah said: Sashie, I think you will do very well at the interview. Regardless of the questions, behavior answers should work in many different situations. Some interviewers are good... But keep in mind some good points about yourself and don't forget to mention them. Part of the interview is to answer their questions but part of it is to sell yourself. Picture yourself in the job.

Sashie don't be concerned because you'll be interviewed by a call center lifer who worked the front counter at McDonalds before they became a manager here at Progressive.

ST in Chicago, Illinois

5 months ago

I am waiting for my interview...i would love some tips!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

joe jones

5 months ago

I applied for the inbound sales rep job at progressive and just made it through the phone interview portion, and waiting on the background check. Do they require a drug screening for this position?

joe jones

5 months ago

joe jones said: I applied for the inbound sales rep job at progressive and just made it through the phone interview portion, and waiting on the background check. Do they require a drug screening for this position?

By the way, it is for a position in Clearwater, FL

missymaam in austin, Texas

5 months ago

They dont drug test.

joe jones

5 months ago

Does it depend on the region you are in, our is it anywhere with progressive?

5 months ago

Doubt it.
I know a lot of people that have transferred or been promoted to other offices all around the country and they never mention a drug test.

Tee in Orlando, Florida

4 months ago

joe jones said: I applied for the inbound sales rep job at progressive and just made it through the phone interview portion, and waiting on the background check. Do they require a drug screening for this position?

To my knowledge no drug testing!

Denise

4 months ago

I applied and applied finally made it all the way to the face to face and i did not get the job.. after that i repeatedly applied for everything and was not selected every time So I created a new profile and applied again .. got another phone interview and am going to keep trying.

lady

3 months ago

Denise said: I applied and applied finally made it all the way to the face to face and i did not get the job.. after that i repeatedly applied for everything and was not selected every time So I created a new profile and applied again .. got another phone interview and am going to keep trying.

Did you get the job Denise

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Candy A in Texas

3 months ago

I have a phone interview coming up and really don't know if they will ask but I worked at Farmer's as a claims adjuster for almost 5 months. However after very extensive and intense training , etc. I scored an 81% vs an 85% for Farmer's and they let me go although I had approx. 75 claims and was doing very well. How should I explain this to progressive? I fear they won't hire me as a trainee if I tell them just that but I could be wrong. I learned an immense amt in the training spanning 13 weeks. Can somebody please shed some light on if they would ask or what I should say? I like claims a lot and really want this.

3 months ago

You will likely not be asked. We dont kmow anything about other insurance company training processes so wouldnt know how to rate the information.
You might be asked why you left your prior job. I wouldnt say it was because of a test score.

Candy A in Texas

3 months ago

missymaam in austin, Texas said: You will likely not be asked. We dont kmow anything about other insurance company training processes so wouldnt know how to rate the information.
You might be asked why you left your prior job. I wouldnt say it was because of a test score.

I got a Face to Face interview to be scheduled and did the phone interview for claims today. I have just filled out the info for background check. How long do those take? I have been in various background checks regarding all my employment roles and sometimes it seems they take forever. Any advice for my face to face interview?

Candy A in Texas

3 months ago

Does anybody know if they complete the background check before they schedule the face to face? I am lost in all this as there is no number to reach out to the recruiter or HR. I have never had it done that way.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.