What's the company culture at Provena Health?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Provena Health?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Provena Health?

Reply - Report abuse

Fred in Lombard, Illinois

99 months ago

run, don't walk as far away from this company. I have yet to meet an employeee of Provena that is happy at their job. Provena is know for firing and starting over if they don't think you fit into their cult.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth in Champaign, Illinois

97 months ago

Fred in Lombard, Illinois said: run, don't walk as far away from this company. I have yet to meet an employeee of Provena that is happy at their job. Provena is know for firing and starting over if they don't think you fit into their cult.

Very interesting. I have noticed they don't seem happy. Thanks for the warning.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sue in Geneva, Illinois

94 months ago

fred is right on!!!! the administrators and mgmt will talk behind your back and even post your job for weeks before you even know you're job is on the line!!! everyone who works here is easily disposible. mgmt has no clue what they're doing and they don't address any issues staff has. i full heartedly agree---run for your life in the opposite direction!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mack in Fresno, California

92 months ago

sue in Geneva, Illinois said: fred is right on!!!! the administrators and mgmt will talk behind your back and even post your job for weeks before you even know you're job is on the line!!! everyone who works here is easily disposible. mgmt has no clue what they're doing and they don't address any issues staff has. i full heartedly agree---run for your life in the opposite direction!!!!!

All these comments seem right on...The complany is BAD....great Ministry....Very poor operation...poorly organized...use all the right buzz words (i.e. Talk the talk)...but can't walk the walk.....I would pass on this them for now.....They seem to lack strength in ethical leadership through the lay C-suites they have in place.....Sad really!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kris Betters in Joliet, Illinois

74 months ago

Fred in Lombard, Illinois said: run, don't walk as far away from this company. I have yet to meet an employeee of Provena that is happy at their job. Provena is know for firing and starting over if they don't think you fit into their cult.

Wow. It is unfortunate that you had such a bad experience. I realize that this was posted almost 2 years ago, however I felt the need to reply. I left Provena in 2006 to pursue a higher paying position. Boy was that a bad move. Let me just say, the grass is definitely not greener on the other side. I still regret every leaving Provena in the first place. I really miss the "family" oriented environment. There was never a day that I did not walk down the hall and have someone smile and greet me. I still have friends who work at Provena. They are all happy to be employed by such a good employer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.