How to get a job at Prudential Financial.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (19)

Host

Do you work at Prudential Financial? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Jeff Paciello in Utica, New York

79 months ago

My advice for anyone getting into Prudential is don't put your faith in their hiring process. I just went through an exhausting experience that lasted 6 weeks only to get denied by a third party test in the last portion of the interview process. It started when a recruiter contacted me about a open position for a Financial Services Associate. The first interview took 3 1/2 hours which consisted of a formal interview with a recruiter and then a test, which was very challenging, that took about 2 hours. After getting by the initial interview and test I had to take an online personal profiling test which I passed. After another meeting or two with the recruiter I was told I have to put together a business marketing plan. I completed this plan in about a week and a half and it consisted of about 30 hours of my personal time. After getting the approval of my recruitor and his superiors I was sent on an interview an hour away from where I lived. I met with three people and had to do live phone surveys to people I currently know. I received high grades with all people I encountered. After this I was told I had to do a role playing exam with 3 psychologists who were not employed with Prudential. They were a third party and this was done on the phone. They did not know me and the calls consisted of about 20 minutes total. I waited for the results which came in a few hours after the exam was completed only to find out the third party, who is not employed with Prudential, explained that I was not qualified for the position. This is after I met with several members of Prudential's management team, took four profiling exams, built a business plan which consisted of about 30 hours and atleast 4 trips to Prudential's local location for observance of my progress. Please keep in mind that your employment with Prudential is based on the tests you have to take rather than how you are perceived by the people interviewing you. DO NOT get your hopes up until a contract is signed!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (80) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Tasha in New York

78 months ago

Thank you for sharing your experience with Prudential Financial. I have received 8 phone calls from Prudential Financial recruiters in the last two months. They found my resume on Monster.com and they called to see if I would be interested in applying for a Financial Service Associate position. I wasn't interested at first because it seems like it is a sales position and my experience is in customer service, however, I was having second thoughts and I was considering scheduling an interview with them. After reading about the interview process, I will pass. Six weeks and all the different phases of the interview process does sound exhausting. Now I can understand why they are having a hard time filling that position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Evelyn in Edison, New Jersey

74 months ago

Thank you for posting your Prudential job pursuit. I had interviewed with them approx. 6 years ago and had taken the insurance industry test. I had interviewed with other companies in the insurance field since then and have not encountered such scrutiny of testing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

arandomperson in Douglas, Michigan

73 months ago

I, too, went through the interview process. After over a month of interviewing and working on their projects, they still kept dangling the job in front of me. I was told I would be hired by a couple specific dates, and when those dates were close, they kept pushing the hire date back a week. Before I terminated the process with them, I had done at least 6 interviews plus multiple tests and mini projects.

At the end, they told me that I would have to send them a completed version of my Project 200 before the next interview step. The Project 200 holds 200 contacts that a Financial Services Associate would use to get the business going. These are professional contacts, family, friends, and others. Along with names, the book has addresses, phone numbers, occupations, and relation to the Financial Service Associate. When I refused to give them a copy of this before I was hired, they told me that we could not progress any more in the hiring process. While they claim that these names and numbers have no use to them, all they have to do is contact these people and say that you referred them. Do not give them the information for all of your contacts, and do not waste your time interviewing with this company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Richard Carlisle in Springfield, Missouri

72 months ago

Thank you people; you are confirming what I have long suspected of this type of financial firm.

I believe the essence of what they really want is your Attitude, your skills and resources are secondary. You can learn the skill especially if you have the resources but your attitude keeps you going - for them - with blinders.

One of their recent employment offers read in part, "Any negative information obtained as a result of the background screening may result in the disqualification of the applicant from this and any other position in Prudential, including their CURRENT position if they are an internal applicant".

My translation is once you are inside; you MAY NO LONGER HAVE THE CORRECT ATTITUDE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

RRDD in of Angel, New Jersey

68 months ago

Went until 3rd round of interview for project management position.The whole process took almost 1 and a half months. Called the HR in between that time to know the progress, but she never at her desk (weird?) or picked up her call. Left her message, but never got the returned call back. Waited until 3 weeks from the final interview and decided to e-mail with short but sweet 'let me know the decision'. Got a one sentence reply of e-mail saying that they are not filling up the position!!!Wasting my time, energy and money!! On top of that, the HR attitude is very unprofessional and rude.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

MJG in Illinois

67 months ago

Jeff Paciello in Utica, New York said: My advice for anyone getting into Prudential is don't put your faith in their hiring process. I just went through an exhausting experience that lasted 6 weeks only to get denied by a third party test in the last portion of the interview process. It started when a recruiter contacted me about a open position for a Financial Services Associate. The first interview took 3 1/2 hours which consisted of a formal interview with a recruiter and then a test, which was very challenging, that took about 2 hours. After getting by the initial interview and test I had to take an online personal profiling test which I passed. After another meeting or two with the recruiter I was told I have to put together a business marketing plan. I completed this plan in about a week and a half and it consisted of about 30 hours of my personal time. After getting the approval of my recruitor and his superiors I was sent on an interview an hour away from where I lived. I met with three people and had to do live phone surveys to people I currently know. I received high grades with all people I encountered. After this I was told I had to do a role playing exam with 3 psychologists who were not employed with Prudential. They were a third party and this was done on the phone. They did not know me and the calls consisted of about 20 minutes total. I waited for the results which came in a few hours after the exam was completed only to find out the third party, who is not employed with Prudential, explained that I was not qualified for the position. This is after I met with several members of Prudential's management team, took four profiling exams, built a business plan which consisted of about 30 hours and atleast 4 trips to Prudential's local location for observance of my progress. Please keep in mind that your employment with Prudential is based on the tests you have to take rather than how you are perceived by the people interviewing you. DO NOT get you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Lakers in Huntington Beach, California

64 months ago

My interview process with Pru went very well. The first interview was informal and a 2hr test following (they didnt mention that I would be taking a test) The 2nd interview was with the managing director which was an intense interview. After that I had to complete the project200 and do a phone simulation. Overall the process was not that tough. It definitely was time consuming and tedious. Management is key. The team manager is a nice guy and seemed to genuinely care. I got the offer but went with another company, it was a tough decision.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Overland Park, Kansas

63 months ago

Does anyone know the best way to get in touch with HR at Pru. I've applied for a job that I would like to check on, but can't get through to anyone. thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

BA Board in Grand Rapids, Michigan

62 months ago

Lakers in Huntington Beach, California said: My interview process with Pru went very well. The first interview was informal and a 2hr test following (they didnt mention that I would be taking a test) The 2nd interview was with the managing director which was an intense interview. After that I had to complete the project200 and do a phone simulation. Overall the process was not that tough. It definitely was time consuming and tedious. Management is key. The team manager is a nice guy and seemed to genuinely care. I got the offer but went with another company, it was a tough decision.

I wonder if you might give me some advice on the financial services selection test at Prudential. I'm in the middle of their hiring process and will be taking that test next week. Any advice on what the test consists of and how I should prepare for it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

FastMoneyFlowsOnAslowTurnAndBurn in Dublin, California

61 months ago

McDonalds hire on the spot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Identity32 in Dublin, California

59 months ago

Thanks for all of that information. I have the job simulation tomorrow morning with Prudential and want to see if I can get approval from a group of psychologists. Do you know what to expect with the phone calls? Any help would be appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Identity32 in Dublin, California

59 months ago

Lakers in Huntington Beach, California said: My interview process with Pru went very well. The first interview was informal and a 2hr test following (they didnt mention that I would be taking a test) The 2nd interview was with the managing director which was an intense interview. After that I had to complete the project200 and do a phone simulation. Overall the process was not that tough. It definitely was time consuming and tedious. Management is key. The team manager is a nice guy and seemed to genuinely care. I got the offer but went with another company, it was a tough decision.

I was wondering if you could give me any tips on the phone simulation. Tomorrow morning is my scheduled time and really have no idea what to expect. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No Reply - Report abuse

ksbk in Tustin, California

48 months ago

Hi, Lakers! Just read your post about your experience with Prudential. I have a 3rd interview with Prudential next week and I need to have my Project 200 assignment completed before I meet with the marketing guy. Could you tell me what kind of offer was extended and why you turned it down? Your reply is appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Da Nu in San Francisco, California

48 months ago

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the comments. I am going to meet the recruiter tomorrow, she told me it will be about two hours so I guess I am taking the two tests. Just wondering what happens if we don't complete the Project200, or complete part of it like Project50, I really don't feel comfortable giving them this much info, tbh I don't think it's ethical giving out those without the approval from my friends. Is there a way to get around this but still get hired? or proceed to next phase?

thanks, greatly appreciated if someone could answer me. Also if anyone still remembers, please write a little more about the tests and live phone simulation. I am a newbie, so :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Andre in Detroit, Michigan

15 months ago

arandomperson in Douglas, Michigan said: I, too, went through the interview process. After over a month of interviewing and working on their projects, they still kept dangling the job in front of me. I was told I would be hired by a couple specific dates, and when those dates were close, they kept pushing the hire date back a week. Before I terminated the process with them, I had done at least 6 interviews plus multiple tests and mini projects.

At the end, they told me that I would have to send them a completed version of my Project 200 before the next interview step. The Project 200 holds 200 contacts that a Financial Services Associate would use to get the business going. These are professional contacts, family, friends, and others. Along with names, the book has addresses, phone numbers, occupations, and relation to the Financial Service Associate. When I refused to give them a copy of this before I was hired, they told me that we could not progress any more in the hiring process. While they claim that these names and numbers have no use to them, all they have to do is contact these people and say that you referred them. Do not give them the information for all of your contacts, and do not waste your time interviewing with this company.

I am in the same process. I am doing my Project 200. Are you saying they will actually contact these people?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

adjohns1 in Detroit, Michigan

15 months ago

Hi Guys,

I have done well on the assessment test and got called in for interview. Then before I come back, I have to have the Project 200 complete. Will Prudential actually contact these people? I don't want no one to be upset with me over this

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

83kate in New Providence, New Jersey

3 months ago

I got my interview with Prudential today. It was very interesting at the beginning I really enjoyed meeting with Managers in internal audit until something awful happen.

I was asked to do the assessment test a day before the interview and I felt I did not do a good job. It was a first time I did such a test and I was not prepared to have just 19 min to finish 30 questions in verbal assessment then 25 min to do 30 questions in numerical assessment. I got stressed out and I did not do well.

Ok back to interview. At the end of my second interview I am asking the interviewer regards the next steps and the assessment test I took a day before. The interviewer storms out of the room, when he comes back his face is different and he communicate to me that he does not have more time for me, he needs to move to better candidates. I am surprised and shocked at the same time. He walks me out. I felt the most degraded person in the world at this moment I would never go back to this company again.
So I was kicked out from interview based on some assessment test. I never wish anyone this experience. I was always excellent student finished college with 3.86 GPA. Just because I messed up one test I got treated by Prudential employee like trash. No thank you. Never again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.