How to get a job at Prudential.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Host

Do you work at Prudential? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Jeff Paciello in Utica, New York

80 months ago

My advice for anyone getting into Prudential is don't put your faith in their hiring process. I just went through an exhausting and pain staking experience that lasted 6 weeks only to get denied by a third party test. It started when a recruiter contacted me about a open position for a Financial Services Associate. The first interview took 3 1/2 hours which consisted of a formal interview with a recruiter and then a test, which was very challenging, that took about 2 hours. After getting buy the initial interview and test I had to take an online personal profiling test which I passed. After another meeting or two with the recruiter I was told I have to put together a business marketing plan. I completed this plan in about a week and a half and it consisted of about 30 hours of my personal time. After getting the approval of my recruitor and his superiors I was sent on an interview an hour away from where I lived. I met with three people and had to do live phone surveys to people I currently know. I received high grades with all people I encountered. After this I was told I had to do a role playing exam with 3 psychologists who were not employed with Prudential. They were a third party and this was done on the phone. They did not know me and the calls consisted of about 20 minutes total. I waited for the results which came in a few hours after the exam was completed only to find out the third party, who is not employed with Prudential, explained that I was not qualified for the position. This is after I met with several members of Prudential's management team, took four profiling exams, built a business plan which consisted of about 30 hours and atleast 4 trips to Prudential's local location for observance of my progress. Please keep in mind that your employment with Prudential is based on the tests you have to take rather than how you are perceived by the people interviewing you. DO NOT get your hopes up until a contract is signed!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (79) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

10101 in Fresno, California

73 months ago

Hi I'm currently in process to become a Prudential Service Associate, I've gone through all the tests and interviews with my recruiter and done the role playing exam with 3 people, but now they are requesting that I fill out a so called Candidate Selection Material ( Marketing Plan ), I have a concern with the contact list in that Marketing Plan, I don't know if they will keep that plan if they decide that I'm not qualified for the job.

Any comments on that? Has anybody out there gone threw all the steps just to find out you are not a hired?
My recruiter said that I still have to interview with two other managers and pass the drug and background check.
Is all this worth it?

I'm curious please reply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

DR KNOW in Fort Mill, South Carolina

60 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Prudential? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

My first interview was easy. I got the phone call within 5 minutes of e-mailing my resume.

Pretty fast response, but from there it was pretty standard.

First of all, they didn't tell me that there would be a barrage of tests before I had much of an actual "interview"
with anyone who could actually make a decision.

In fact, I got the impression that NO ONE could make a decision, that it was all a pre-programmed process that
could just keep going and going and going...

So, I came in and took the 50 or so question logic test, which I passed (BS in MATH and MBA probably helped)
and they let me take the next test.

That test was more of a "personality" test, which I answered honestly, but with answers that I KNEW wouldn't get the job,
basically to see if they could think on their feet.

They can't. Immediate reject. After reading some other entries I'm glad I didn't get to the "rest" of the interview which sounds like they are just fishing for marketing leads for all their trouble.

Also, I overheard some employees talking about what a jerk their boss was, so I wasn't too eager to join anyway, but
they'll never know that...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

1nycgal in New York, New York

39 months ago

I applied to Prudential for a position and was contacted by a female HR rep. Based on this experience, my impression of Prudential has plummeted. The corporation should train its HR representatives to treat each candidate with respect, whether or not the candidate proceeds through the interview process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

80811 in Los Angeles, California

37 months ago

10101 in Fresno, California said: Hi I'm currently in process to become a Prudential Service Associate, I've gone through all the tests and interviews with my recruiter and done the role playing exam with 3 people, but now they are requesting that I fill out a so called Candidate Selection Material ( Marketing Plan ), I have a concern with the contact list in that Marketing Plan, I don't know if they will keep that plan if they decide that I'm not qualified for the job.

Any comments on that? Has anybody out there gone threw all the steps just to find out you are not a hired?
My recruiter said that I still have to interview with two other managers and pass the drug and background check.
Is all this worth it?

I'm curious please reply.

The initial idea of their Candidate Marketing Plan is to be of assistance for candidate to build and nurture his/her future prospects base. From my personal experience, The Prudential Staff have been guiding me with very positive professional manner. They analyze it with strict privacy concern and already formally informed me the plan belongs to the candidate.

May this make sense.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

80811 in Los Angeles, California

37 months ago

Just complete the hiring procedure with Prudential. The process is very fine designed with tight schedule yet much consideration fit into candidate's individual situation.

The three interviews I had were initial with hiring manager on A Job Fair at walnut, on-site interview with district manager and hiring manager, training manager meeting if it counts as the final interview. Interwoven process includes spending three days' spare time filling my future Market Plan and be positive to pass necessary profile tests.

One of my friends works for Prudential for years. For me, dress professionally while not losing myself, be a good listener during initial contact with the hiring manager, be brave to express your personality that distinguish you from other potential candidates were my keys to get the first interview.

Economy or business academic background will support the licensing step much easier. Otherwise, being a quick learner is of assistance after you pass the hiring process and put your foot into the door.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

katerinat in bloomfield, New Jersey

29 months ago

I applied for a paralegal position with prudential back in December 2012 and it still states my resume is "under review". What does that mean?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tmf1977 in Yonkers, New York

29 months ago

katerinat in bloomfield, New Jersey said: I applied for a paralegal position with prudential back in December 2012 and it still states my resume is "under review". What does that mean?

For most companies, "under review" basically means that your resume has been submitted and is forwarded to HR and nothing more. On average, companies respond to applicants they are interested in within 4 weeks after the resume was received.

Just a word of advice: once you send your resume out, just move on with your job hunt and don't think about it. It's hard to predict what most companies are seeking in candidates, and sometimes a company may stall in hiring due to a number of reasons.

Best of luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.