Theft from inside

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

AFowler in Berwyn, Illinois

88 months ago

Public Storage in Chicago, IL on Cermak Rd has someone who steals from the inside. They do this in a way that there is no signs of a break in and if you pay for insurance you don't get any satisfaction or your reimbursment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AFowler in Berwyn, Illinois

88 months ago

Public Storage in Chicago, IL on Cermak Rd has someone who steals from the inside. They do this in a way that there is no signs of a break in and if you pay for insurance you don't get any satisfaction or your reimbursment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Vancouver, Washington

88 months ago

AFowler in Berwyn, Illinois said: Public Storage in Chicago, IL on Cermak Rd has someone who steals from the inside. They do this in a way that there is no signs of a break in and if you pay for insurance you don't get any satisfaction or your reimbursment.

Is this a surprise? PS security is non-existent. No cameras (outside of the office and front gate). Hell, you might as well store your stuff in an open field, that's about the same amount of protection you'll receive.

The employees hired are always stealing or doing something illegal or unethical. I have heard of tunnels dug from offices, breaking into units and selling things at garage sales, drug and sex schemes run from the units, and consistent thefts by employees of all sorts of materials.

Apparently, they run a great recruiting and screening process.

Typical of this POS company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dragon in Pompano Beach, Florida

86 months ago

Dear Vancover
Your wacked, there are no tunnels, Think of what your saying, If you want to put garbage here please do not.
Anyone in the industry is well aware of PS's reputation....NONE
You are a number not a person, if you could get a better job you would that is their reasoning, so they hire has beens, loosers, and wanna be's
as for breakin's
get your act together, you buy their locks of which they have a master key....so no tunnels as for drugs every mini storage or self storage has this problem it is nation wide.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Vancouver, Washington

86 months ago

Dude..I think your whacked.

I saw one made through a wall and into the company space where the PM would go out at night and steal stuff.

There is not a "master key" for the locks. They are incredibly easy to cut and replace.

Make sure you know your facts before you act like you know it all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dragon in Pompano Beach, Florida

85 months ago

anonymous in Vancouver, Washington said: Dude..I think your whacked.

I saw one made through a wall and into the company space where the PM would go out at night and steal stuff.

There is not a "master key" for the locks. They are incredibly easy to cut and replace.

Make sure you know your facts before you act like you know it all.

I do!
I worked in the industry for 4 years, How long have you worked in the industry. I know for a fact there are master keys , if you worked in the industry you would know this so YOU get your facts straight moron.
I used the job for time to get re-certified and update my certifications I now earn over 75K
So where are you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Crystal Springs, Florida

85 months ago

I have always observed that the customer has the choice of using a lock purchased from PS (for convenience) or using their own lock so it would be both ridiculous and virtually impossible to have an set of master keys that opened any lock the customer chose to purchase.

If you fail to pay your rent, they simply put one of their locks on top of yours and you cannot get into your things until you pay up. If the condition continues, they simply cut your lock off, then use their own key to open the unit and are legally able to sell your things to recover the loss of revenue due to non-payment.

I have never worked for Public Storage but I did rent a unit from them for about six years. I believe the person who thinks there are master keys mistook the set of lockout keys for being masters of some sort.

Now there have been cases of people renting one unit and cutting their way into adjacent units for the purpose of theft but that is probably not sanctioned by Public Storage nor done by them.

BTW. The best security camera set up is where you don't see the cameras. They are there - believe it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ornurse8 in Houston, Texas

45 months ago

AFowler in Berwyn, Illinois said: Public Storage in Chicago, IL on Cermak Rd has someone who steals from the inside. They do this in a way that there is no signs of a break in and if you pay for insurance you don't get any satisfaction or your reimbursment.

Inside theftsat Public Storage in Houston, Texas, Hempstead Highway location. They cut the lock off of our storage unit by accident. Said they cut the lock off the wrong unit. The following day the unit was opened and EVERYTHING WE OWN is gone forever including pictures that can NEVER be replaced. It was an inside job as well. The floor was even swept clean. What kind of theif would stick around to sweep the floor? Unless you work there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

Vicki M in toronto

18 months ago

For the last 6 months i had to leave for Mississauga for business needs. My office was closed during this time and i had to use a storage unit for my business materials. I had found out one of the best in Toronto with high security features. You guys first check out the history of the storage unit you intent to rent. The one which I used helped me a lot to achieve my <a href="www.centronstorage.com">Business Storage Solutions</a>

Marc_Johnson in New Jersey

17 months ago

Make sure that you are choosing a good firm for this. There are a lot of [url="www.securitystorage.ca/services/"]long term storage[/url] units out there who provide poor security and that is really dangerous for your stuffs. At the same time, there are a lot of reputed firms with high security features like climate controlled environment, individual unit door alarms, video surveillance and high-security unit locks. Pick the best.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.