job position

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Johan in Weston, Connecticut

94 months ago

Will like to get more information about the job opening. were's located also the hours, days, pays.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Johan in Weston, Connecticut

94 months ago

I'm still waiting to disscus it with you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Audrey in Austin, Texas

94 months ago

Hi Johan,

Although an employer may be viewing this forum, it is used to discuss what it's like to get a job at Public Storage. I suggest performing a search on Indeed for a position. When you find a job listing that interests you, click on it and you'll be directed to the site the job is originally posted, and there you will find instructions on how to apply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in HB, CA in Huntington Beach, California

94 months ago

Audrey said: Hi Johan,
Although an employer may be viewing this forum, it is used to discuss what it's like to get a job at Public Storage. I suggest performing a search on Indeed for a position. When you find a job listing that interests you, click on it and you'll be directed to the site the job is originally posted, and there you will find instructions on how to apply.

I agree with you Audrey!! I love how they bring the jobs to you in your area!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Harold Hamlin in Charlotte, North Carolina

94 months ago

9.50 per hour...geez...how do they keep people?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Former Employee - SC

92 months ago

Harold Hamlin in Charlotte, North Carolina said: 9.50 per hour...geez...how do they keep people?

As an employee of Shurgard Storage Centers when Public Storage did a hostile takeover of the Shurgard holdings, my opinion of the company is poor. The pay rate for managers starts at $8.50 per hour which is not a living wage even if you live on site. There may be some adjustment for the city location. The responsibilities of managers is limited to doing leases, showing units, cleaning units, and doing twice daily lock checks. Your day is structured all the way from counting the petty cash to having to do call backs on reservations - all recorded on the computer and monitored by the office in California. There is some retail selling of boxes and packing supplies. Everything that requires assuming any charge of the operations of the facility is the job of the Distrct Manager.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Eileen Beal in Killeen, Texas

88 months ago

All jobs are what you make of them, no one knocks poeple for their comments. Everyone is looking for their own thing. To one it might be just what they want, someone else might be lokking for something different.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

suthengrits in Raleigh, North Carolina

73 months ago

I have been working a very busy property basically all by myself for the past 4 months. The property manager had to leave because of medical reasons and I found out he is not going to be coming back. I also do the Budget Trucks which is another full time job all together. I was the relief manager for the property. but to me ended up being a property manager with just the relief manager pay. I have a 500 unit facility and have been trying and keeping up with everything. I'm suppose to be leaving soon, but my DM is dragging his feet in hiring someone for that property. He says that I have done a great job, dilenquents are way down and move ins are high. It's a stressful property with big merchandise sales.
I have been having to work 6 days because of the one who was helping me on my days off had a family emergency. I feel like I may need some back time pay for my hard work and running the property by myself, but from what I have heard about Public Storage that would be impossible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.