How to get a job at Publix.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

Host

Do you work at Publix? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Franky

88 months ago

IM LOOKING FORWARD IN GETTING A JOB AT PUBLIX WEARHOUSE IN MIAMI FL WEAR CAN I APPLY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (51) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

michael in Lakeland, Florida

76 months ago

How do i get a job at publix in lakeland,fl?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

jam in Auburndale, Florida

65 months ago

n/a

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

ccccccccccccc in Auburndale, Florida

65 months ago

jahmaal in Auburndale, Florida said: syboodeen@gmail.com

dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

soupgurl in Hallandale Beach, Florida

54 months ago

Several years ago, I saw a listing on Craigslist for a warehouse/office opening. I applied, went over to the staffing service's office (forget which one it is), took my battery of tests--missed the spacial testing by just enough points NOT to get hired. I agreed to come back and test again in a few months, but never heard another word from the recruiter. I would love to get a job there...PLEASE someone, tell us the secret.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Sweets2323 in Hollywood, Florida

53 months ago

What does Publix SIP Selectore consist of and I am a woman so will it be OKAY for me to work doing that.. Also how is your pay driven on how much you complete..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Well, my most recent experience with applying/testing for Publix was this. I found a job listing for them as a Dispatcher in their Deerfield locale. I got to the second tier where halfway thru the testing, I had to download a plugin before I could complete the testing. The testing link was sent to me late Friday and I was unable to get a second logon until about a week had passed. By the time I had completed the second testing, I was so rattled and tired from the whole process, I failed. I am beginning to believe that there are only a chosen few who actually pass these tests, as they only give you a small window of time in order to complete each testing before you have to go on to the next test. I think that I am gonna consider myself done with the fantasy of trying to work for Publix. I hate to say this, but I dont know what else to think. Good luck to all who apply and I hope that you have much better luck than I had.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Sweets2323 in Hollywood, Florida said: What does Publix SIP Selectore consist of and I am a woman so will it be OKAY for me to work doing that.. Also how is your pay driven on how much you complete..

I dont have any of those answers, all I can say is to try. The testing that I most recently took was done from my home computer and there is a deadline to get it done, but given that, I dont see any reason why you couldnt work while doing this. Just know that this is one of the more competitive places to apply to, as most of us that are aware of Publix' reputation would give their eye teeth to work there. I wish you all the best in your search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Not sure but sounds like that is a selector or picker type job...maybe warehouse? I just googled the words "SIP Selector" on Google's site. This is one of the results...

SIP Selector, P/T, AM, Boxed Meat/Dairy - Jacksonville
Publix - Jacksonville, FL
This job posting is no longer available on Publix.
Find similar jobs: Sip Selector jobs - Publix jobs

When I selected qualifications, this is what I got...

• selecting products ordered by retail stores and
• assisting in other duties as assigned.

Required Qualifications

• be at least 18 years old
• be able to work weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time
• pass a Physical Agility Test (before his or her start date in the position)
• successfully complete a Work Attitude Survey (WAS)
• obtain certification in pallet truck and forklift operations (on or before his or her start date in the position)
• be able to lift a minimum of 85 ...
From Publix - 6 months ago - save job - block

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jerry Baldwin in Jacksonville, Florida

41 months ago

My Husband worked for Publix as a SIP selector. ***The job is brutal.***It is like running a basketball tournament. They brain wash you into thinking that this company is the best and all that crap... and all they did was work you into the ground,,, the managers stand around and do freakin nothing but stir up crap. SIP Selectors make money when your production exceeds 120%... and that's only making $15.00 an hour. If you are not young, like 30 and under, or if your not a runner, or if your not 6 feet - with long arms that can pull inventory while still running... aspire to something else...
Just a warning... my husband got the job out of being very determined and kept applying, kept emailing, kept calling, they finally gave in and gave him the job... From Experience... his hours were 5 am to whenever the orders were complete... we had NO family life - NONE... He came home dead tired, in bed by 7pm... I could go on.... Good Luck if it works for you...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Heather in Baytown, Texas

28 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Publix? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

The first step is to go to the their career site. careers.publix.jobs/
They have distribution jobs, IT jobs and everything inbetween all over the Southeast.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

J.Dot in Miami, Florida

17 months ago

Jerry Baldwin in Jacksonville, Florida said: My Husband worked for Publix as a SIP selector. ***The job is brutal.***It is like running a basketball tournament. They brain wash you into thinking that this company is the best and all that crap... and all they did was work you into the ground,,, the managers stand around and do freakin nothing but stir up crap. SIP Selectors make money when your production exceeds 120%... and that's only making $15.00 an hour. If you are not young, like 30 and under, or if your not a runner, or if your not 6 feet - with long arms that can pull inventory while still running... aspire to something else...
Just a warning... my husband got the job out of being very determined and kept applying, kept emailing, kept calling, they finally gave in and gave him the job... From Experience... his hours were 5 am to whenever the orders were complete... we had NO family life - NONE... He came home dead tired, in bed by 7pm... I could go on.... Good Luck if it works for you...

J.Dot : I work for The publix warehouse and I'm 30yrs old...The way you describe the company is so wrong. I work for the miami facility and At first it was hard to keep up...That is why they give you 3 months to get physically adjusted and learn how to properly work in the warehouse. I don't know how it is in Jacksonville but Miami's facility is the best.The supervisors are very helpful and understanding.We get free lunch...dinners for being accident free.and many other incentives.We get great benefits and awesome times off...Of course this job isn't for everyone like you said.You have to be young and fit. I would assume that your husband knew what he was getting into because this position is a fast paced job, This is why they call it a High Velocity W.House (HV).I work 4 days a week....3 days off, rotating schedule though.As long as you keep an average of 80 percent there's no need to rush...Sip is just an incentive to speed up the loading n it pays off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

J.Dot in Miami, Florida

17 months ago

J.Dot in Miami, Florida said: J.Dot : I work for The publix warehouse and I'm 30yrs old...The way you describe the company is so wrong. I work for the miami facility and At first it was hard to keep up...That is why they give you 3 months to get physically adjusted and learn how to properly work in the warehouse. I don't know how it is in Jacksonville but Miami's facility is the best.The supervisors are very helpful and understanding.We get free lunch...dinners for being accident free.and many other incentives.We get great benefits and awesome times off...Of course this job isn't for everyone like you said.You have to be young and fit. I would assume that your husband knew what he was getting into because this position is a fast paced job, This is why they call it a High Velocity W.House (HV).I work 4 days a week....3 days off, rotating schedule though.As long as you keep an average of 80 percent there's no need to rush...Sip is just an incentive to speed up the loading n it pays off.

J.Dot: Publix isn't a bad company, they're actually the best...The had zero layoffs during the recession and the job security is very solid...Health benefits...Paid vacations , the whole 9...Lie you stated in the beginning I had to get adjusted, I hated it, but in my second month the pain and back aches went away...My body got adjusted, and Now I earn 17bucks and 15 if I don't run...The company isn't bad, it's the people that work for it that makes it that way...They also promote within..which is why it's hard to get in...You don't have to be a selector all your life..as soon as an opening pops up, you can apply...No holds barred....I love Publix (And I wasn't brainwashed...lol)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Boi Blk in Miami, Florida

14 months ago

How's it going J.Dot. In the Miami area eager in wanting to work in Publix High Velocity. Want to know what's the am schedule for Selectors and if Publix High Velocity do alot hiring around peak season? Been looking everyday on the website and seems like there's never a opening for the Miami High Velocity. Just wanting to know! Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.