Pulte Homes News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Pulte Homes stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

561Host in Queen Creek, Arizona

91 months ago

Layoffs are inevitable in eg corporation. Pulte builds a beautiful home. I own stock and it is a very good stock margin.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

employee for now in Tempe, Arizona

88 months ago

layoffs have already started. major shake up in the Florida divisions today - presidents and vice presidents are gone. they are closing two divisions - Sarasota and Southeast.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

clay in Phoenix, Arizona

88 months ago

employee for now in Tempe, Arizona said: layoffs have already started. major shake up in the Florida divisions today - presidents and vice presidents are gone. they are closing two divisions - Sarasota and Southeast.

Have layoffs for sales managers,director of sales happen?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

employee for now in Tempe, Arizona

88 months ago

i have only heard of layoffs at the executive level. rumor has it that the rest will take place within the week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

clay in Phoenix, Arizona

88 months ago

I worked for Pulte a bit after the Sivage-Thomas accusition. I think the world of Mike Nuessle,I see he is retiring. I worked for him at Sivage for 4 years. Please keep me informed if any Sales Managers or Director of Sales get laid off, I can maybe help them out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

someone in Feasterville Trevose, Pennsylvania

88 months ago

they just laid off my pregnant wife.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Former Customer Relations employee in MN in Prior Lake, Minnesota

87 months ago

I was a former Customer Relations Manager in Minnesota.

They eliminated the entire Customer Relations Department and let go many Superintendant's and office -- all in all -- over 50% of the MN division was let go.

Rumors are that all future land acquisation has been sold and as of 6/7/2007 - no new communities were slated to grand open in 2008.

They gave a good Severence Package - I'm happy I'm out !!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Former Pulte Sales Counselor in Plano, Texas

87 months ago

I worked for Pulte in the Dallas Ft.Worth Area for just under 10 years. I was laid off along with nearly 70 other Pulte Employees in Dallas last week. The company has lost focus of their mid-long term goals since the CEO Richard Dugas was promoted to CEO.
It seemed as though we would change our mid term (3-5 years) goals everytime he came to the DFW area. Pulte isn't what it was by a long shot 5 years ago. The customers under backlog are cancelling their contract with Pulte by as much as 40% in some areas due to the massive disaray of nobody seems to know what their job is anymore. Very disorganized at the present to put it midly. I thought Pulte was the dominate force in the building industry 5 years ago, and nobody could compete with us. Now, their not even competitive with the "Mom & Pop" builders. So sorry to see them decline to this level! I really miss the good times when they had management that could of taken them a long way, and could of avoided this massive lay off even though the market is soft right now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

past chicago in Summit Argo, Illinois

87 months ago

Former Pulte Sales Counselor in Plano, Texas said: I worked for Pulte in the Dallas Ft.Worth Area for just under 10 years. I was laid off along with nearly 70 other Pulte Employees in Dallas last week. The company has lost focus of their mid-long term goals since the CEO Richard Dugas was promoted to CEO.
It seemed as though we would change our mid term (3-5 years) goals everytime he came to the DFW area. Pulte isn't what it was by a long shot 5 years ago. The customers under backlog are cancelling their contract with Pulte by as much as 40% in some areas due to the massive disaray of nobody seems to know what their job is anymore. Very disorganized at the present to put it midly. I thought Pulte was the dominate force in the building industry 5 years ago, and nobody could compete with us. Now, their not even competitive with the "Mom & Pop" builders. So sorry to see them decline to this level! I really miss the good times when they had management that could of taken them a long way, and could of avoided this massive lay off even though the market is soft right now.

I agree Pulte isn't what it used to be. I worked there from 02-06.
The summer of 06 they put any sales consultant on performance plan if they had not avg. at least 2 sales/mth. I was one, did some digging, only to find out that there were 2 sales consultant that had avg. less than 2 sales per/mth, but they were not put on the performance plan to sell 5 homes in 2 months. I called my area mgr to expose this finding and she would not here anything about it, which made me angry, that evening at closing, she and the VP of sales came and let me go for exposing this and talking to other sales consultants. It was descrimination and they are hypocrites. Also, to many young mgrs who don't know anything about life. most are just out of college a few years. Its a good old boys club.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marty in Atlanta, Georgia

87 months ago

I used to work at Pulte in the southeast and it was a terrible experience. Do not work there!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.