Q-centrix Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Q-centrix?

What do you like best about working at Q-centrix? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

nitenurse32444 in Nashville, Tennessee

3 months ago

I have been a core measure data analyst for many years- since the CMS roll out. I started with QCentrix as an abstractor part time to give me a little more spending money. Qcentrix required me to use all of my own resources : computer, electric,phone for conferences and communicating with my assigned site, etc. Initially I thought, what the heck- I would give it a try.They spoke of approx. 8 dollars for a CHF chart, stroke was something like 12 dollars. An experienced abstractor might think you could do 4 CHF in an hour to make it worth your while. Once I spent a couple of months performing the audits for them, I realized I was spending an inordinate amount of time with all of their (QCentrix) busy work that was certainly not commensurate with experience,expertise and productivity, and was probably making minimum wage at best. For that reason, I resigned and cut my losses. It made me sick to give my skill away. For all companies considering this as a money saving option for your growing healthcare expenditures- I would say that you need to be prepared to lose the opportunity to have face to face, ongoing process improvement with both physicians and staff. In theory this company's idea should flourish, but core measure abstraction is not just the retrospective review that Qcentrix's program provides. Their sales pitch is very misleading! As part of VBP, it is essential that abstraction be concurrent, continuous and evolving throughout the episode of care. If I owned a hospital, I would evolve the position of the hospital based abstractor, not outsource it to a company that just collects data on the back end.PI is more than this! COnsider combining your abstractors with case mgmt who is in the chart every day anyway. It's a great model that works!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

nitenurse32444 in Nashville, Tennessee

3 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Q-centrix?

What do you like best about working at Q-centrix? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

no special perks, treats or bonuses. did not like working for this company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

RN888 in Louisville, Kentucky

3 months ago

Q-Centrix mission is customer satisfaction. In many cases, however, this is at the expense of the employees. The business model is one-dimensional: abstract as many charts as possible within a predefined, unrealistic time line. No consideration is given to quality improvement or collaborative approaches toward improving facility performance. Employees work remotely and are required to provide their own equipment and resources. New business is acquired daily without a defined plan for staffing. While they advertise healthcare coverage doe full time employees, the company contributes nothing toward insurance.

I liken Q-Centrix to a sweatshop. It's a business eager to capitalize on Value-Based Purchasing without regard for the dedicated workers abstracting the data.

I can not endorse Q-Centrix as an employer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.