Qualcomm Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 259)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

rizwan in Frankfurt, Germany

55 months ago

Ishrat Ali Awan in München, Germany said: Hi Rizwan,

I have an interview with in two days for internship in Qualcomm for UMTS mobile testing (mainly related to GSM/UMTS) , can you please guide me what kind of questions they ask, because they said there will be a technical interview of one hour.
I am looking forward to your kind response.

regards

Hi Ishrat,

Don't worry, onsite interview would be general.
They would look for the eagerness and motivation you have for the internship.

You should have general idea of WCDMA/UMTS system, go through your CV throughly because each single point you mention there; they'd probably discuss forsure.

If you need further information, you can contact me at: rizwan_xz (at) msn (dot) com

Thankyou,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

lakshan perera in Tustin, California

54 months ago

I have a telephone interview with Qualcomm Innovation Center, for a Linux application dev position. Anyone have any clues as to what kind of questions to expect ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

aprillove in Cagayan De Oro

54 months ago

hi..its a lot of technical questions and computer science knowledge.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

aprillove in Cagayan De Oro said: hi..its a lot of technical questions and computer science knowledge.

@aprillove, have you had one with them ?. When you say technical, is it related to C, Linux only or anything else ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Judson in San Diego, California

54 months ago

I am going to have a phone interview for embedded software position (entry level). I saw some post along the line saying there will be a lot of question about C and OS. I am pretty confident on C programming, but what kind of question will they ask on OS side? In my case, it will be linux, but I have no clue what they will ask. Does anyone know?

54 months ago

Judson in San Diego, California said: I am going to have a phone interview for embedded software position (entry level). I saw some post along the line saying there will be a lot of question about C and OS. I am pretty confident on C programming, but what kind of question will they ask on OS side? In my case, it will be linux, but I have no clue what they will ask. Does anyone know?

ISR, MMU, TLB , basic OS related things that are relavent to drivers.

Judson in San Diego, California

54 months ago

lakshan perera in Tustin, California said: ISR, MMU, TLB , basic OS related things that are relavent to drivers.

Thank you Iakshan. I haven't touch these topics for years, so its a good time for me to get back on the books.

piyu in Norfolk, Virginia

54 months ago

HI guys,

have a telephone interview for embedded s/w engg position, please give me some hints on the technical interview questions.......

54 months ago

lot of questions on hardware, and OS related.

sonu123 in Bangalore, India

54 months ago

Gautami in San Jose, California said: Hi..I am really sorry for the late reply. I was interviewed by 8 ppl..both in hardware testing and software testing. They asked me everything from my resume and my experience. I was working as an intern in Broadcom Corporation for WLAN testing. So, they asked me everything related to that.

I would suggest no matter position you are interviewed for....just make sure that you thoroughly know your resume. They won't ask anything beyond your resume...

All the Best for your interview and let me know if u have more questions....

Cheers

Gautami

hey gautmi,
Need your help ...i was interviewed 4 technical round in QC Hyd India...suddenly they scheduled one more round and this time a person from San Diego is going to take this interview. This opening is for WLAN testing. Please let me know what all I can prepare.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sam29 in Chicago, Illinois

54 months ago

Hi All,

I have on-site interview with Qualcomm for System test engineer multimedia position, can you please give me some idea such as what type of question they ask etc...etc...

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lyc in San Diego, California

54 months ago

Hi all,
Has anyone got on-site interview without being phone interviewed first? i've got one in next week. my location is close but i don't know if it matters. i am looking for sr. software position. should i mention that to the recruiter?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mic pal in SA, Texas

53 months ago

lyc in San Diego, California said: Hi all,
Has anyone got on-site interview without being phone interviewed first? i've got one in next week. my location is close but i don't know if it matters. i am looking for sr. software position. should i mention that to the recruiter?

What's up with your interview ? have u done with your interview ?
Kindly let me know , myself also the same case, close to the interview date in another two weeks time.
thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DQQ in Denver, Colorado

53 months ago

@lyc

I work for QC. We regularly bring people in for an onsite with no phone interview if they live in the area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sonu123 in Bangalore, India

53 months ago

Hi All,
In QC I have been thru all the technical interview ( 7 rounds ) but I didnt have my HR yet ..I asked HR about this , he has asked me to wait... how are the possibilities that they will call back or HR round will happen . Its been 5 days since my all technical are finished.

Please let me know if any one has some idea on this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nickxu in Kirkland, Washington

51 months ago

Shadab Siddiqui in Santa Clara, California said: I have a phone interview for a position for a Software Engineer - Windows Mobile Productivity in QCT Division. Does anyone know what type of questions can be asked? Is there anyone familiar with this job type with Qualcomm that could help me in my interview??

Thnx

Could you please tell me what questions did you have in that interview? I am gonna be interviewed by the same team.

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Altan in San Diego, California

50 months ago

Basically QCT interviews are similar. They ask you to write C algorithms to implement either standard libc functions or data structures.

All interviewers ask you write functions that are similar to each other, so sometimes they ask whether you did same question with prior interviewers. (It gives an impression that they have a set of questions to ask somewhere on intranet)

The algorithm questions are easily be found in internet, just check cupcake or similar sites has also valuable answers.

The trick is, if you interviewed in QCT,study very well with these algorithms. Because everyone else coming to the interviews (mostly people from one particular Southern Asia) just memorizing those algorithms as their native alphabet and once asked, they write the algorithm without stuttering or a pause to think. So any performance below the typewriter speed interpreted like you are lacking C programming and Data Structure knowledge.

This gives the interviewers (mostly from one particular country) to have a chance to provide a negative feedback for you and positive feedback for their fellow countrymen.

The whole interview process is designed to encourage to hire people from one particular country. QCT has highest concentration ratio of engineers from that country in US. And that's no coincident.

The interview questions are same for both senior and junior candidates, so which provides an edge to fresh graduates since they are current with those algorithms and can easily memorize them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

Mostly No C++ questions asked, C++ is rarely used in QCT, so most engineers are not C++ experts neither.

Algorims to study:
* strstr, finding patterns
* atoi/itoa
* reverse string in place
* swap integers/strings in place
* binary tree specific questions (search, insert, delete, traverse, deepest node detection)
* linked list questions (insert, remove, circular detection)
* string operations in variable wide characters
* bitwise operations (counting 1s, reversing bits)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CarneAsadaBrito in San Diego, California

50 months ago

Altan in San Diego, California said: Basically QCT interviews are similar. They ask you to write C algorithms to implement either standard libc functions or data structures.

All interviewers ask you write functions that are similar to each other, so sometimes they ask whether you did same question with prior interviewers. (It gives an impression that they have a set of questions to ask somewhere on intranet)

The algorithm questions are easily be found in internet, just check cupcake or similar sites has also valuable answers.

The trick is, if you interviewed in QCT,study very well with these algorithms. Because everyone else coming to the interviews (mostly people from one particular Southern Asia) just memorizing those algorithms as their native alphabet and once asked, they write the algorithm without stuttering or a pause to think. So any performance below the typewriter speed interpreted like you are lacking C programming and Data Structure knowledge.

This gives the interviewers (mostly from one particular country) to have a chance to provide a negative feedback for you and positive feedback for their fellow countrymen.

The whole interview process is designed to encourage to hire people from one particular country. QCT has highest concentration ratio of engineers from that country in US. And that's no coincident.

The interview questions are same for both senior and junior candidates, so which provides an edge to fresh graduates since they are current with those algorithms and can easily memorize them.

Unfortunately, this is all true. However, if you are unlucky enough to get a very competent interviewer, just scribbling out the algorithm on the white board will do you no good. When I encounter these types in an interview, and they do not walk me through their thought process while they write on the board, it's just a flat out NO HIRE from me regardless if the answer is correct.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

CarneAsadaBrito in San Diego, California

50 months ago

I think I said this before, but get yourself a copy of Programming Interviews Exposed (tinyurl.com/ydv79og
). You need to learn how to think in an interview, not try to learn exactly the algorithms you may or may not get.

Earlier in this thread I mentioned my interview experiences and how they asked questions pertaining to the position I was interviewing for. Well, it seems the interview process here has changed. QC is steering away from interviewing folks for specific positions, but rather interviewing folks as general QC SW engineers or general QC HW engineers.

Lazlo Jr in Arlington, Virginia

49 months ago

I had a phone interview recently for a product security engineer position. Mostly i was asked about(based on) what was on my resume. Some cryptography questions like ECC VS RSA, Key length of ECC, some computer security like access control(Mandatey, roll based ..etc) and which one is good for this scenario, how can you secure a system with this set up ... I had a project on multimedia security and he asked me about its application , when and where that can be used ...
Basically it was more of checking my familiarity with cryptography and computer security. i heard from previously interviewed guys the real hard core questions will be during onsite ...
Hope it helps for anyone who is going to be interviewed for Product security engineer position. Hey the guy who interview me was relaxed and friendly(lucky me!).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

Quite interesting. When have you had the phone interview? I know that QCOM are still in hiring freeze mode. Did you asked your recruiter about the hiring freeze?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Manish Madhsoodan in Mundelein, Illinois

45 months ago

Hi All,

I have an interview for Test Engineer position. Could some one please let me know how to prepare.
It is for QCT team.

thx

jay in Breitungen, Germany

40 months ago

rizwan in Saarbrucken, Germany said: Hi, can anyone tell me about the onsite interview.

I had two telephone interviews for UMTS mobile testing (mainly related to GSM/UMTS) and now being called for the onsite interview.

I'll be keen to know any suggestions etc or what exactly the can ask in onsite interview.

your comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi Rizwan,
i have telephonic interview with QCT frankfurt division.Could you tell me what all the questions they ask.
Thanks
Jay

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ravali in San Diego, California

36 months ago

Hi I am Ravali, I got a call from Qualcomm technical phone interview for an IT summer Intern. I am really new and I am wondering if anyone can help me with kind of questions I can expect in a phone interview. If any one has been to an IT intern interview.
Any suggestions would be really helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

nrjpoddar in Gainesville, Florida

36 months ago

Lazlo Jr in Arlington, Virginia said: I had a phone interview recently for a product security engineer position. Mostly i was asked about(based on) what was on my resume. Some cryptography questions like ECC VS RSA, Key length of ECC, some computer security like access control(Mandatey, roll based ..etc) and which one is good for this scenario, how can you secure a system with this set up ... I had a project on multimedia security and he asked me about its application , when and where that can be used ...
Basically it was more of checking my familiarity with cryptography and computer security. i heard from previously interviewed guys the real hard core questions will be during onsite ...
Hope it helps for anyone who is going to be interviewed for Product security engineer position. Hey the guy who interview me was relaxed and friendly(lucky me!).

Hi,

I have an interview with Qualcomm for Product Security Engineer. Can you tell me how there on-site interviews are and what kind of questions can I expect? Are there any coding questions? What sort of cryptographic protocols are asked?? Thanks

deepu in Cohoes, New York

36 months ago

Hey guys i have an onsite interview for hardware applications engg ..... wat kind of questions can i expect ????

lalala in Citrus Heights, California

34 months ago

deepu in Cohoes, New York said: Hey guys i have an onsite interview for hardware applications engg ..... wat kind of questions can i expect ????

Deepu, How was you onsite interview? Is it possible you can give me some questions about onsite hardware apps engineer?

Thanks.

Axe2Grind in Murrieta, California

33 months ago

I have a phone interview with QC for an IT Support Analyst position tomorrow. Any tips for this one would be greatly appreciated.

Venkatswamy in FAIRBORN, Ohio

33 months ago

LumberJack in Manassas, Virginia said: Hi

I cleared onsite interview and currently waiting for an offer. Do anyone know how long does it take for the offer to come thru as its already more than 2 weeks that i have been waiting?

Hi,

i have my telephonic interview next week for ASIC Test Methodology. Can someone help with the kind of questions will be asked during the interview.
My background is Electrical,will they ask from resume or according to the job requirement.

Go in Los Angeles, California

32 months ago

1- Received e-mail from Human Resources asking me if I could take a phone Interview.

2- Phone Interview took around 1hour 10 minutes and is pretty much EE101 and questions taken from your resume. Review your resume so you are sharp and ready. They do ask fair questions, so make sure you review your EE101 fundamentals.

3- After 10 days got e-mail asking for a 1:1 interview.

4- 1:1 interview was intense but fair. Pay attention to the question and polite way ask if you don’t understand the question.

5- Pay attention to the “filling up ” question about you and life in general. They probable want to feel your personality and if you can be a good addition to the team.

6- After the personal interview and Technical interview I had a hand on interview. Hardware and Software test.

7- I hear that I maybe “overqualified” and was ask If I had a problems doing some “boring job ” during a project.

8- The process took 1hour and 50 minutes .At this moment I still waiting for a offer but my feeling is that I will not be selected.

Overall the experience was good. Interviewer and HR representative were very polite and cordial.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

DD in Fort Collins, Colorado

31 months ago

Hi,
I got an email regarding a phone interview at QCom for the position of Senior Engineer-Systems at R&D division. Could someone please give me some tips to prepare for the interview?

Thank you very much in advance.

D

goldybrar7 in Los Angeles, California

31 months ago

LumberJack in Manassas, Virginia said: Hi

I cleared onsite interview and currently waiting for an offer. Do anyone know how long does it take for the offer to come thru as its already more than 2 weeks that i have been waiting?

Hey Am not sure you use this any longer or not.. I have also cleared the onsite interview and am waiting for offer. hiring manager called me and informed me of this. But it has been 2 weeks and i have started getting worried. Any help Appreciated!!

AP in Reedley, California

31 months ago

Hi,
I got an email regarding a phone interview at QC for the position of HW Validation Engineer (Emulation and post-Si) with Validation and Integration (VI) organization in QC. Could someone please give me some tips to prepare for the interview?any sort of help is appreciated!

Thank you very much in advance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

Hello

I got a response update from my interview after 3 1/2 weeks.They praise my skills but no offer.Good luck

kevinguyen28@gmail.com in San Diego, California

30 months ago

ravali in San Diego, California said: Hi I am Ravali, I got a call from Qualcomm technical phone interview for an IT summer Intern. I am really new and I am wondering if anyone can help me with kind of questions I can expect in a phone interview. If any one has been to an IT intern interview.
Any suggestions would be really helpful.

Hi, did you got an intereview with Qualcomm, can you let me know how was that goes, what question did they ask? Thanks.

kevinguyen28@gmail.com in San Diego, California

30 months ago

Axe2Grind in Murrieta, California said: I have a phone interview with QC for an IT Support Analyst position tomorrow. Any tips for this one would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,
Did you get any phone interview with them, what did they ask you on the phone? Can you please let me know. Thanks.

KevinNg2011 in San Diego, California

30 months ago

Hi,
I have a phone interview for IT Administrator or System Engineer at QC, any body know what question will they cover on the phone? Please advice. Thanks

ETyahoo in Cerritos, California

30 months ago

Position applied: RF Factory/Tool Embedded SW Engr
My overall experience is similar to Go.
1) I applied online and received an email two weeks later from HR for a phone interview.
2) Scheduled an phone interview 1 wk later. The interview was focused on my resume and Telecom Basics. Interviewer said he like me and would like me for a 2nd phone interview or on-site. He gave me about a month to brush up on knowledges. some communications going back and forth between this interviewer and me during this 1month period.
3) 3wks later, got an email from HR for on-site. Schedule the on-site 1month+1wk from the phone interview.
4) Arrived onsite on day of interview. Good experience stopped here.
5) During the onsite, the first interviewer was late by 20min but the schedule was 45-min for each interview. 1st interview still took 45-min. The 1st interviewer was the person who phone interviewed me. He asked telcomm basics, a basic algorithm in C, and to prove distributive law. It seems the 1st interviewer is also the decision maker.
6) 2nd interviewer was not in his office, 1st interviewer found 2 jr engrs to the interview. lots of interruptions. Questions from my resume.
7) 3rd interviewer intruppted and i was taken to his office. the interview lasted shorter (~20min). asked RTOS and C basics. some interruption during this interview (interviewer's cell and email).
8) i was taken to 4th interviewer (and later found out the last), who was not on the interview list HR gave me. asked more RTOS and C related question. the interview took ~40min.
9) i called HR and asked the reason not having HR interview, respond bk 20min later. typically, if all interview happens in only 1 building, they wont schedule you to go to candidate center.
10) now, i am waiting on outcome 1 and 1/2 wk later, but i am not keeping my hopes up. I'll be bk with result.

30 months ago

Hello

Etyahoo

Don't worry.I also didn't get a interview with HR. You should get get an answer in 3 weeks.After that just send a e-mail to the HR representative if you don't get any feedback.

Good luck.

ETyahoo in Cerritos, California

30 months ago

Just got an email from HR: Thank you, but sorry!!

30 months ago

Sorry to hear ETyahoo.I also got a no offer from Qualcomm.If you feel your interview went well just keep trying for new positions.They told me from the start that I may be over qualify for the job.Sometimes other factors are taking in consideration.

Best wishes

Bob H in Poway, California

29 months ago

Hi All,
What kind of questions can I expect during phone interview for a Project Manager position in the legal applications department at Qualcomm?

megabucks in Los Angeles, California

29 months ago

Hey, all
This thread helped me a lot before my onsite interview. I thought I can share my interview experience with QCT. I haven't gotten the official letter yet after 2.5 weeks and starting to worry about it now.

I cleared the onsite interview about 2.5 weeks ago.
1 week after onsite interview, HR emailed said onsite interview feedback was positive and offer will be processed, another HR will contact me regarding the offer process.
1.5 weeks after onsite interview, HR emailed me and said the offer is processing now and will take few days, offered that I can talk to hiring manager for more detailed job description, and asked me for references and diploma from my graduate degree. All my references got the email from HR on the same day and replied next day. Sent a copy of diploma the same day.
2 weeks after onsite, I sent email to HR and asked if they got replies from my references and asked if I can discuss job description with Hiring manager or not since they offered it. Never heard back nor got any reply from them.
Now, it's 2.5 weeks and still nothing, really worrying about the official offer letter now.

Any thought on this would be greatly appreciated !
Thanks,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

VideoCodec in Seattle, Washington

29 months ago

Hi Megabucks... which position did you apply for ?

I attended for interviews for a couple of positions related to Video Codecs with QCT in the first week of this month. Its been almost 2 weeks now, but didn't hear anything from them yet. Does any one know if they provide any feedback (irrespective of whether the position is offered or not) and in what time frame ? Atleast their website says they do so in about couple of weeks.

Any thoughts/suggestions ?

Thanks.

29 months ago

VideoCodec in Seattle, Washington said: Hi Megabucks... which position did you apply for ?

I attended for interviews for a couple of positions related to Video Codecs with QCT in the first week of this month. Its been almost 2 weeks now, but didn't hear anything from them yet. Does any one know if they provide any feedback (irrespective of whether the position is offered or not) and in what time frame ? Atleast their website says they do so in about couple of weeks.

Any thoughts/suggestions ?

Thanks.

Hi, VideoCodec
I applied the Multimedia DSP position in QCT.

I got the HR replied exactly 1 week after the onsite interview. And she said the offer process will be started, then another HR emailed me regarding the offer process few days later. And she said the offer will take FEW days to get approval from management, but it's been almost 2 weeks now and offer is still not approved yet. Don't know what's going on.

I think they do get back to you either way, but usually the longer the time for waiting the result after the onsite interview is done, the get-hired-possibility is lower.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

VideoCodec in Seattle, Washington

29 months ago

megabucks in Los Angeles, California said: Hi, VideoCodec
I applied the Multimedia DSP position in QCT.

I got the HR replied exactly 1 week after the onsite interview. And she said the offer process will be started, then another HR emailed me regarding the offer process few days later. And she said the offer will take FEW days to get approval from management, but it's been almost 2 weeks now and offer is still not approved yet. Don't know what's going on.

I think they do get back to you either way, but usually the longer the time for waiting the result after the onsite interview is done, the get-hired-possibility is lower.

Thanks for your prompt response :-). I will give HR a call tomorrow and find out. Tx.

29 months ago

VideoCodec in Seattle, Washington said: Thanks for your prompt response :-). I will give HR a call tomorrow and find out. Tx.

Great! Please let us know how the phone call goes.

I will call them early next week if I still haven't got the letter.

New Grad_NJIT in Jersey City, New Jersey

28 months ago

Hello all,

I got invitation for Telephonic interview from HR of QCT software division for the job opening for MPSS- Modem system test Engineer. I am pursuing MS in Electrical Engineer- (Major: Communication)also I have an experience of Motorola solutions as an intern of 1 yr. And HR recruiter told me that its going to be complete technical interview. Can anyone please guide me with which kind of questions they can ask during telephonic interview?

Please reply ASAP as i have an interview in 4 days.

Thanks.

TSC in Atlanta, Georgia

28 months ago

Hi megabucks:
I also have a technical phone interview with QCT division for the multimedia audio sw engineer.
can you give me some idea about the type of questions asked during the phone interview.

thanks

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.