Qualcomm Interview Questions.

Comments (51 to 100 of 235)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

lalala in Citrus Heights, California

47 months ago

deepu in Cohoes, New York said: Hey guys i have an onsite interview for hardware applications engg ..... wat kind of questions can i expect ????

Deepu, How was you onsite interview? Is it possible you can give me some questions about onsite hardware apps engineer?

Thanks.

Axe2Grind in Murrieta, California

47 months ago

I have a phone interview with QC for an IT Support Analyst position tomorrow. Any tips for this one would be greatly appreciated.

Venkatswamy in FAIRBORN, Ohio

46 months ago

LumberJack in Manassas, Virginia said: Hi

I cleared onsite interview and currently waiting for an offer. Do anyone know how long does it take for the offer to come thru as its already more than 2 weeks that i have been waiting?

Hi,

i have my telephonic interview next week for ASIC Test Methodology. Can someone help with the kind of questions will be asked during the interview.
My background is Electrical,will they ask from resume or according to the job requirement.

Go in Los Angeles, California

45 months ago

1- Received e-mail from Human Resources asking me if I could take a phone Interview.

2- Phone Interview took around 1hour 10 minutes and is pretty much EE101 and questions taken from your resume. Review your resume so you are sharp and ready. They do ask fair questions, so make sure you review your EE101 fundamentals.

3- After 10 days got e-mail asking for a 1:1 interview.

4- 1:1 interview was intense but fair. Pay attention to the question and polite way ask if you don’t understand the question.

5- Pay attention to the “filling up ” question about you and life in general. They probable want to feel your personality and if you can be a good addition to the team.

6- After the personal interview and Technical interview I had a hand on interview. Hardware and Software test.

7- I hear that I maybe “overqualified” and was ask If I had a problems doing some “boring job ” during a project.

8- The process took 1hour and 50 minutes .At this moment I still waiting for a offer but my feeling is that I will not be selected.

Overall the experience was good. Interviewer and HR representative were very polite and cordial.

DD in Fort Collins, Colorado

44 months ago

Hi,
I got an email regarding a phone interview at QCom for the position of Senior Engineer-Systems at R&D division. Could someone please give me some tips to prepare for the interview?

Thank you very much in advance.

D

goldybrar7 in Los Angeles, California

44 months ago

LumberJack in Manassas, Virginia said: Hi

I cleared onsite interview and currently waiting for an offer. Do anyone know how long does it take for the offer to come thru as its already more than 2 weeks that i have been waiting?

Hey Am not sure you use this any longer or not.. I have also cleared the onsite interview and am waiting for offer. hiring manager called me and informed me of this. But it has been 2 weeks and i have started getting worried. Any help Appreciated!!

AP in Reedley, California

44 months ago

Hi,
I got an email regarding a phone interview at QC for the position of HW Validation Engineer (Emulation and post-Si) with Validation and Integration (VI) organization in QC. Could someone please give me some tips to prepare for the interview?any sort of help is appreciated!

Thank you very much in advance!

Go in Los Angeles, California

44 months ago

Hello

I got a response update from my interview after 3 1/2 weeks.They praise my skills but no offer.Good luck

kevinguyen28@gmail.com in San Diego, California

44 months ago

ravali in San Diego, California said: Hi I am Ravali, I got a call from Qualcomm technical phone interview for an IT summer Intern. I am really new and I am wondering if anyone can help me with kind of questions I can expect in a phone interview. If any one has been to an IT intern interview.
Any suggestions would be really helpful.

Hi, did you got an intereview with Qualcomm, can you let me know how was that goes, what question did they ask? Thanks.

kevinguyen28@gmail.com in San Diego, California

44 months ago

Axe2Grind in Murrieta, California said: I have a phone interview with QC for an IT Support Analyst position tomorrow. Any tips for this one would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,
Did you get any phone interview with them, what did they ask you on the phone? Can you please let me know. Thanks.

KevinNg2011 in San Diego, California

44 months ago

Hi,
I have a phone interview for IT Administrator or System Engineer at QC, any body know what question will they cover on the phone? Please advice. Thanks

ETyahoo in Cerritos, California

44 months ago

Position applied: RF Factory/Tool Embedded SW Engr
My overall experience is similar to Go.
1) I applied online and received an email two weeks later from HR for a phone interview.
2) Scheduled an phone interview 1 wk later. The interview was focused on my resume and Telecom Basics. Interviewer said he like me and would like me for a 2nd phone interview or on-site. He gave me about a month to brush up on knowledges. some communications going back and forth between this interviewer and me during this 1month period.
3) 3wks later, got an email from HR for on-site. Schedule the on-site 1month+1wk from the phone interview.
4) Arrived onsite on day of interview. Good experience stopped here.
5) During the onsite, the first interviewer was late by 20min but the schedule was 45-min for each interview. 1st interview still took 45-min. The 1st interviewer was the person who phone interviewed me. He asked telcomm basics, a basic algorithm in C, and to prove distributive law. It seems the 1st interviewer is also the decision maker.
6) 2nd interviewer was not in his office, 1st interviewer found 2 jr engrs to the interview. lots of interruptions. Questions from my resume.
7) 3rd interviewer intruppted and i was taken to his office. the interview lasted shorter (~20min). asked RTOS and C basics. some interruption during this interview (interviewer's cell and email).
8) i was taken to 4th interviewer (and later found out the last), who was not on the interview list HR gave me. asked more RTOS and C related question. the interview took ~40min.
9) i called HR and asked the reason not having HR interview, respond bk 20min later. typically, if all interview happens in only 1 building, they wont schedule you to go to candidate center.
10) now, i am waiting on outcome 1 and 1/2 wk later, but i am not keeping my hopes up. I'll be bk with result.

Go in Los Angeles, California

44 months ago

Hello

Etyahoo

Don't worry.I also didn't get a interview with HR. You should get get an answer in 3 weeks.After that just send a e-mail to the HR representative if you don't get any feedback.

Good luck.

ETyahoo in Cerritos, California

44 months ago

Just got an email from HR: Thank you, but sorry!!

Go in Los Angeles, California

44 months ago

Sorry to hear ETyahoo.I also got a no offer from Qualcomm.If you feel your interview went well just keep trying for new positions.They told me from the start that I may be over qualify for the job.Sometimes other factors are taking in consideration.

Best wishes

Bob H in Poway, California

43 months ago

Hi All,
What kind of questions can I expect during phone interview for a Project Manager position in the legal applications department at Qualcomm?

megabucks in Los Angeles, California

42 months ago

Hey, all
This thread helped me a lot before my onsite interview. I thought I can share my interview experience with QCT. I haven't gotten the official letter yet after 2.5 weeks and starting to worry about it now.

I cleared the onsite interview about 2.5 weeks ago.
1 week after onsite interview, HR emailed said onsite interview feedback was positive and offer will be processed, another HR will contact me regarding the offer process.
1.5 weeks after onsite interview, HR emailed me and said the offer is processing now and will take few days, offered that I can talk to hiring manager for more detailed job description, and asked me for references and diploma from my graduate degree. All my references got the email from HR on the same day and replied next day. Sent a copy of diploma the same day.
2 weeks after onsite, I sent email to HR and asked if they got replies from my references and asked if I can discuss job description with Hiring manager or not since they offered it. Never heard back nor got any reply from them.
Now, it's 2.5 weeks and still nothing, really worrying about the official offer letter now.

Any thought on this would be greatly appreciated !
Thanks,

VideoCodec in Seattle, Washington

42 months ago

Hi Megabucks... which position did you apply for ?

I attended for interviews for a couple of positions related to Video Codecs with QCT in the first week of this month. Its been almost 2 weeks now, but didn't hear anything from them yet. Does any one know if they provide any feedback (irrespective of whether the position is offered or not) and in what time frame ? Atleast their website says they do so in about couple of weeks.

Any thoughts/suggestions ?

Thanks.

megabucks in Los Angeles, California

42 months ago

VideoCodec in Seattle, Washington said: Hi Megabucks... which position did you apply for ?

I attended for interviews for a couple of positions related to Video Codecs with QCT in the first week of this month. Its been almost 2 weeks now, but didn't hear anything from them yet. Does any one know if they provide any feedback (irrespective of whether the position is offered or not) and in what time frame ? Atleast their website says they do so in about couple of weeks.

Any thoughts/suggestions ?

Thanks.

Hi, VideoCodec
I applied the Multimedia DSP position in QCT.

I got the HR replied exactly 1 week after the onsite interview. And she said the offer process will be started, then another HR emailed me regarding the offer process few days later. And she said the offer will take FEW days to get approval from management, but it's been almost 2 weeks now and offer is still not approved yet. Don't know what's going on.

I think they do get back to you either way, but usually the longer the time for waiting the result after the onsite interview is done, the get-hired-possibility is lower.

VideoCodec in Seattle, Washington

42 months ago

megabucks in Los Angeles, California said: Hi, VideoCodec
I applied the Multimedia DSP position in QCT.

I got the HR replied exactly 1 week after the onsite interview. And she said the offer process will be started, then another HR emailed me regarding the offer process few days later. And she said the offer will take FEW days to get approval from management, but it's been almost 2 weeks now and offer is still not approved yet. Don't know what's going on.

I think they do get back to you either way, but usually the longer the time for waiting the result after the onsite interview is done, the get-hired-possibility is lower.

Thanks for your prompt response :-). I will give HR a call tomorrow and find out. Tx.

megabucks in Los Angeles, California

42 months ago

VideoCodec in Seattle, Washington said: Thanks for your prompt response :-). I will give HR a call tomorrow and find out. Tx.

Great! Please let us know how the phone call goes.

I will call them early next week if I still haven't got the letter.

New Grad_NJIT in Jersey City, New Jersey

42 months ago

Hello all,

I got invitation for Telephonic interview from HR of QCT software division for the job opening for MPSS- Modem system test Engineer. I am pursuing MS in Electrical Engineer- (Major: Communication)also I have an experience of Motorola solutions as an intern of 1 yr. And HR recruiter told me that its going to be complete technical interview. Can anyone please guide me with which kind of questions they can ask during telephonic interview?

Please reply ASAP as i have an interview in 4 days.

Thanks.

TSC in Atlanta, Georgia

42 months ago

Hi megabucks:
I also have a technical phone interview with QCT division for the multimedia audio sw engineer.
can you give me some idea about the type of questions asked during the phone interview.

thanks

new_phd in Buffalo, New York

41 months ago

Hi,

I have a phone interview in 2 days. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with interviews for system engineering positions in corporate R&D. It seems most of the interview experience I find on the internet is based on software engineer positions. I am a new (soon to be) doctoral grad with mostly academic research experience in rate control protocols for multimedia systems. I will post with my telephone interview experience next week.

student in Miami, Florida

41 months ago

Hi new_phd , I was wondering if you had your interview? I have a system engineering position coming up as well. I would appreciate any info you could provide. Thanks.

new_phd in Buffalo, New York said: Hi,

I have a phone interview in 2 days. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with interviews for system engineering positions in corporate R&D. It seems most of the interview experience I find on the internet is based on software engineer positions. I am a new (soon to be) doctoral grad with mostly academic research experience in rate control protocols for multimedia systems. I will post with my telephone interview experience next week.

new_phd in Buffalo, New York

41 months ago

Hi,

The interview was entirely based on my research and my CV. It seemed that the interviewer was really interested in determining three things;

1) Can I talk about, and answer questions about my research?
2) Do my research interests fit in to Qualcomm, and if so where?
3) How well do i understand the fundamental techniques used in my research?

Most of the time (~30 minutes) was me explaining the main topics of my dissertation, while the rest (~10 minutes) was him explaining what types of research Qualcomm does and where he thought I may fit in. No real technical questions, but i assume that they'll come later. He said to "expect to hear back soon", so hopefully I'll get an onsite, but nothing yet.

Good luck to you on your interview! Let us know how it went.

Scott

new_phd in Buffalo, New York

41 months ago

student in Miami, Florida said: Hi new_phd , I was wondering if you had your interview? I have a system engineering position coming up as well. I would appreciate any info you could provide. Thanks.

Hey, wondering how your interview went? Did you get a call about an onsite?

student in Miami, Florida

41 months ago

new_phd in Buffalo, New York said: Hey, wondering how your interview went? Did you get a call about an onsite?

I haven't had my interview yet; they are/were shutdown for the holidays. I will let ya'll know how my interview goes.

Daniel He in Guildford, United Kingdom

41 months ago

this is good comments. however, i received one phone call from qualcom director
for half an hour's interview. since then I have no longer heard anything from
them. does it mean I am dropped off? thanks

Stud_NY in Henrietta, New York

41 months ago

Hi,I have an interview scheduled for the same position.Could you please provide some information on what kind of questions were asked during the interview.

New Grad_NJIT in Jersey City, New Jersey said: Hello all,

I got invitation for Telephonic interview from HR of QCT software division for the job opening for MPSS- Modem system test Engineer. I am pursuing MS in Electrical Engineer- (Major: Communication)also I have an experience of Motorola solutions as an intern of 1 yr. And HR recruiter told me that its going to be complete technical interview. Can anyone please guide me with which kind of questions they can ask during telephonic interview?

Please reply ASAP as i have an interview in 4 days.

Thanks.

New Grad_NJIT in Newark, New Jersey

41 months ago

Stud_NY in Henrietta, New York said: Hi,I have an interview scheduled for the same position.Could you please provide some information on what kind of questions were asked during the interview.

Hi,

1) The interviewer will give you job profile introduction (will be very short, May be < 5 mins).
2) Tell me about your self(Course work related info.)
3) Questions might be come from your course work.
4) Presentations, Project, Thesis related questions.
5) Work Experience(If any) related questions.

You should know everything written in your Resume. He asked me fundamental questions related to Basic call flow, different coding techniques, Multiple access techniques difference, basic computer networking questions(TCP & UDP). The interview might be only technical so don't expect any HR questions. Try to revise all wireless fundamentals because the interviewer is only interested in your technical knowledge.

Hope you do well.
Best luck!!!

Stud_NY in Henrietta, New York

41 months ago

Hi,Thanks for your valuable suggestions.Really appreciate it !
Were there any questions on software coding,Algorithm or datastructures ?

New Grad_NJIT in Newark, New Jersey said: Hi,

1) The interviewer will give you job profile introduction (will be very short, May be < 5 mins).
2) Tell me about your self(Course work related info.)
3) Questions might be come from your course work.
4) Presentations, Project, Thesis related questions.
5) Work Experience(If any) related questions.

You should know everything written in your Resume. He asked me fundamental questions related to Basic call flow, different coding techniques, Multiple access techniques difference, basic computer networking questions(TCP & UDP). The interview might be only technical so don't expect any HR questions. Try to revise all wireless fundamentals because the interviewer is only interested in your technical knowledge.

Hope you do well.
Best luck!!!

student in Miami, Florida

40 months ago

new_phd in Buffalo, New York said: Hey, wondering how your interview went? Did you get a call about an onsite?

I just had my phone interview. Mostly we talked about my research projects and how they aligned with work he was doing. Did you hear about an onsite?

new_phd in Buffalo, New York

40 months ago

student in Miami, Florida said: I just had my phone interview. Mostly we talked about my research projects and how they aligned with work he was doing. Did you hear about an onsite?

Sounds very similar to my interview.

I just got an email yesterday from the HR contact saying that he had not yet heard back from the interviewing manager about an onsite interview. I guess everything got delayed with the holiday.

Good luck on getting an onsite interview. Hopefully one of us gets one.

TG in Tempe, Arizona

40 months ago

megabucks in Los Angeles, California said: Hi, VideoCodec
I applied the Multimedia DSP position in QCT.

I got the HR replied exactly 1 week after the onsite interview. And she said the offer process will be started, then another HR emailed me regarding the offer process few days later. And she said the offer will take FEW days to get approval from management, but it's been almost 2 weeks now and offer is still not approved yet. Don't know what's going on.

I think they do get back to you either way, but usually the longer the time for waiting the result after the onsite interview is done, the get-hired-possibility is lower.

Hello Megabucks,

Did you get your offer letter eventually ?? How much time did they take in the processing ? Please let me know.

Thanks

Stud_NY in Rochester, New York

40 months ago

STUD_USC in Los Angeles, California said: Hey Stud_NY, i have an interview for the same position two days from now. My background is too from communications and networks.can you tell me a feww tech questions that were asked to you. thanks.

Hi,I had questions from wireless comm on topics such as CDMA, OFDMA and RF propogation -both indoor and outdoor. Since u have some networking background, questions might be from networking protocols involved in GSM,UMTS etc.
Goodluck with your interview.
Let me know if u have any other questions.

STUD_USC in Los Angeles, California

40 months ago

Stud_NY in Rochester, New York said: Hi,I had questions from wireless comm on topics such as CDMA, OFDMA and RF propogation -both indoor and outdoor. Since u have some networking background, questions might be from networking protocols involved in GSM,UMTS etc.
Goodluck with your interview.
Let me know if u have any other questions.

hi again!..thanks a lot for your response.i just learnt that my interview has been postponed to monday. :)
so i am a bit relieved. anyways could you rate the level(out of 5) of questions that were asked to you. and maybe if you could give an example of the questions. i haven't taken the course "advanced wireless comm." in which topics like CDMA,GSM UMTS are taught.so i guess i may be asked questions on modulation schemes.

could you also tell me a few topics on RF propagation on which you were asked.thanks a bunch for your timely co-operation

Stud_NY in Rochester, New York

40 months ago

STUD_USC in Los Angeles, California said: hi again!..thanks a lot for your response.i just learnt that my interview has been postponed to monday. :)
so i am a bit relieved. anyways could you rate the level(out of 5) of questions that were asked to you. and maybe if you could give an example of the questions. i haven't taken the course "advanced wireless comm." in which topics like CDMA,GSM UMTS are taught.so i guess i may be asked questions on modulation schemes.

could you also tell me a few topics on RF propagation on which you were asked.thanks a bunch for your timely co-operation

The Questions for me included CDMA, OFDMA, UMTS architechture and modulations schemes.Also networking protocols involved in various air interfaces.By RF propagation,I mean indoor and outdoor propagation models.Concepts involving fading,interfrence etc.We are expected to know all technologies and standards though we haven't studied in a coursework.Same was in my case.Don't worry and stay cool.It is pretty much straight forward!
Goodluck with your interview..

New Grad_NJ in Indianapolis, Indiana

40 months ago

1) What is the High level difference between TCP and UDP? What if I send packet and receiver doesn’t receive it? And what sender will do in that scenario?
2) What is the high level difference between OFDMA and CDMA?
3) What is the congestion control?
4) What is fading?
5) Which are the basic blocks used in basic call flow? How you can transmit human voice?
6) What is link budget?
7) Coding techniques- Source coding and channel coding

sfgrad_dom in San Francisco, California

40 months ago

i went through two rounds of phone interview, and a 10-round onsite interview for a RFIC position at QCOM. hiring manager told me that they would be making an offer almost two weeks back, and HR said the offer is in approval process. But then yesterday, they told me QCOM is hiring lots of people, and they are looking at all offers more closely. is it some subtle way of saying that im being put on hold? or even rejected?

Jill in Schaumburg, Illinois

39 months ago

Hi,

This is a great thread. I noticed that most questions and feedback seems to be for new grad/entry level job seekers. Are there any tips or suggestions for people looking for jobs as experienced professionsal (i.e. staff or sr staff engg. levels)? what kind of questions would they ask? how technical- bit and byte level technical?

I also noticed that they ask everything in your resume and expect you to know it inside out even if its a 5 page resume? Can someone who was hired as staff or sr. staff engg role chime in on this? Do they expect to know the projects etc that you did 5-7 years ago? If so, then in what detail?

daya_sant in Irvine, California

39 months ago

New Grad_NJ in Indianapolis, Indiana said: 1) What is the High level difference between TCP and UDP? What if I send packet and receiver doesn’t receive it? And what sender will do in that scenario?
2) What is the high level difference between OFDMA and CDMA?
3) What is the congestion control?
4) What is fading?
5) Which are the basic blocks used in basic call flow? How you can transmit human voice?
6) What is link budget?
7) Coding techniques- Source coding and channel coding

Hi,
Thanks for this information . I have phone interview for Systems engineering Intern LTE. Which areas should i need to cover. Will there be any questions from Data structures and programming questions in C / Perl.

Thanks

New Grad_NJ in Indianapolis, Indiana

39 months ago

daya_sant in Irvine, California said: Hi,
Thanks for this information . I have phone interview for Systems engineering Intern LTE. Which areas should i need to cover. Will there be any questions from Data structures and programming questions in C / Perl.

Thanks

Hi,

Congrats for interview call. Hope you'll do well. I don't about the C/ Perl questions because interviewer didn't ask me anything about it. But you have to focus on your Resume. Make sure you know everything about your Projects, Presentations, Paper and work experience. Questions might come from these only. If you have written Networking Protocols then he would ask questions based on that.

Good luck.

New_Grad_UTD in Richardson, Texas

39 months ago

Hi,
I have an onsite interview with QCT for Multimedia Audio Software Engineer position. In the phone interview they asked questions regarding C, DSP, fixed point and RTOS. Can anybody tell what i can expect in the onsite interview? If anybody have attended onsite interview for the same position, could you please share your experience and the types of questions asked?

Thanks

Robert Rowsey in San Diego, California

39 months ago

megabucks in Los Angeles, California said: Great! Please let us know how the phone call goes.

I will call them early next week if I still haven't got the letter.

Hey Megabucks,

Not sure if your still an active member here, but did you ever get a call/email back from QCOM? I just went through a phone/HR/onsite interview 1.2 weeks ago and was wondering how long the entire process took.

Thanks in advance.

NewGradVA in Fairfax, Virginia

39 months ago

Hey Sushant,

How did it go? What kind of questions did they ask you? I have a telephonic interview for a similar position. Please let me know what to expect in the phone interview, as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.
-NewGradVA

Sushant in Jersey City, New Jersey said: Hi Guys,

I am .net developer ,recently graduated.I have a telephonic interview with QCT for .NET Tools Development Engineer position on this Friday. I did go through this forum but didnt find any reviews regarding this type of position.Could anybody please advice me how to go for this interview round.

Responses are highly appreciated.

Happy Coding!
Sushant

megabucks in Los Angeles, California

39 months ago

Robert Rowsey in San Diego, California said: Hey Megabucks,

Not sure if your still an active member here, but did you ever get a call/email back from QCOM? I just went through a phone/HR/onsite interview 1.2 weeks ago and was wondering how long the entire process took.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, Robert

I did get the response back (calls from both HR/Manager) from QCom and working in QCom for almost 2 months now.
It usually takes less than 2 weeks to get the response from HR, depends if it's near the holiday or not. It might get a little longer if it's near holiday. Usually, the longer it takes, the chance of getting rejection is higher.
Good luck to you Robert, hope you can get an offer, it's a great place to work compare to several of my previous employers.

daya_sant in Irvine, California

39 months ago

Hi,
Anyone attended any System engineering intern position in SD division. If so can you share which areas they mostly concentrate on.

daya_sant in Irvine, California

39 months ago

Hi STUD_USC,
Is your interview over, can you share your interview exp and questions which areas were asked.
Thanks

STUD_USC in Los Angeles, California said: hi again!..thanks a lot for your response.i just learnt that my interview has been postponed to monday. :)
so i am a bit relieved. anyways could you rate the level(out of 5) of questions that were asked to you. and maybe if you could give an example of the questions. i haven't taken the course "advanced wireless comm." in which topics like CDMA,GSM UMTS are taught.so i guess i may be asked questions on modulation schemes.

could you also tell me a few topics on RF propagation on which you were asked.thanks a bunch for your timely co-operation

yuvi in Jersey City, New Jersey

39 months ago

NewGradVA in Fairfax, Virginia said: Hey Sushant,

How did it go? What kind of questions did they ask you? I have a telephonic interview for a similar position. Please let me know what to expect in the phone interview, as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.
-NewGradVA

Hey...I have an interview for the same position..how did your interview go..I shall really appreciate if you could answer me the same questions you asked! asap

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.