Applying to Quest Diagnostics

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (25)

Gary Newman in Chagrin Falls, Ohio

90 months ago

I thought I was a smart person but for the life of me, I could not figure out how to submit a resume once I was in the Quest wb site. I could use any help...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Greg in WI in Madison, Wisconsin

89 months ago

I can't figure out how to submit a resume either on Quest's website.....Anyone have any luck? I select a file to upload but when I submit it gives me an error message.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Mrs. in Rockville, Maryland

89 months ago

Greg in WI in Madison, Wisconsin said: I can't figure out how to submit a resume either on Quest's website.....Anyone have any luck? I select a file to upload but when I submit it gives me an error message.

I know exactly what you mean. I have been trying for weeks to apply to some positions but I don't think their setup for applying takes "Safari" internet explorer. So I called and was able to fax my cover letter and resume. The first time it was faxed...they said " We didn't receive it." Go figure. I don't think they really want anyone to work there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LC in Magnolia, Illinois

89 months ago

Guide

Mrs. in Rockville, Maryland said: I know exactly what you mean. I have been trying for weeks to apply to some positions but I don't think their setup for applying takes "Safari" internet explorer. So I called and was able to fax my cover letter and resume. The first time it was faxed...they said " We didn't receive it." Go figure. I don't think they really want anyone to work there.

I have Safari and was able to login. I think you have to 'join up' in order to apply to anything. It took me over 2 years to realize that,and get through. They will send you an email when there is an opening somewhere,in anything. Of course that doesn't mean it's in your immediate area or that you have a chance of getting it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

LC in Magnolia, Illinois said: I have Safari and was able to login. I think you have to 'join up' in order to apply to anything. It took me over 2 years to realize that,and get through. They will send you an email when there is an opening somewhere,in anything. Of course that doesn't mean it's in your immediate area or that you have a chance of getting it.

I did "Login" and had an account created and it still would not accept my application (s).
It's so frustrating!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

liza in Washington, District of Columbia

89 months ago

i think quest dignostic is a good place to work. Also people are very frindly and helpfull i don't think all this comment it not true. Bcause as i seen as a patent it is a good outomosfir to work or to vist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

Proof read what you write before you send it so the other person reading it can accurately understand what you are trying to say. What I wrote is true and if you have a recommendation on how to apply, I would gladly accept it. My comment has nothing to do with how friendly people are or how you think it's a great place to work.

QUOTE who="liza in Washington, District of Columbia"]i think quest dignostic is a good place to work. Also people are very frindly and helpfull i don't think all this comment it not true. Bcause as i seen as a patent it is a good outomosfir to work or to vist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Out_of_Office in Hanover Park, Illinois

88 months ago

Greg in WI in Madison, Wisconsin said: I can't figure out how to submit a resume either on Quest's website.....Anyone have any luck? I select a file to upload but when I submit it gives me an error message.

If you're trying to apply in Illinois to their Chicago Business Unit, send your resume and print out the job that you're applying for from their website and send by snail mail to Quest Diagnostics attention Human Resources 1355 Mittel Blvd, Wood Dale Il. 60191. Then express to them your concern about their website.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tracey

87 months ago

I also have had the same problem with Quest and they will NOT accept your resume unless you complete their virtual tour.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ron in Wallingford, Connecticut

85 months ago

Tracey said: I also have had the same problem with Quest and they will NOT accept your resume unless you complete their virtual tour.

What tour? I've searched the website for "tour" and tried a couple video tours with no results. I am using SAFARI and have the latest Quicktime release and nothing happens when I try to take a tour. I have emailed Quest outlining the problems I am having trying to update a resume or apply for a job. Perhaps they will get back to me. If so, I'll try to post their response here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ron in Wallingford, Connecticut

85 months ago

I've had the same problems as you and Gary. I do get emails from Quest with job openings but I can't figure out how to apply for one of them. Their emails reflect the info I submitted using their Build A Resume option, but when I login into their site to try to update my resume, it shows that there are no resumes saved. I also get an error message while trying to upload a WORD copy of my resume. Even though their screen reflects the file name I selected, I still get a "file name not specified" error. A very frustrating and confusing website indeed, and judging from the dates in this forum it looks like they aren't in a hurry to fix it.
P.S. I use SAFARI.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

You and I had exactly the same problem trying to apply for open positions.
I recently started to work for Quest Diagnostics and they are aware of the problem...They know it's a huge issue and "have been trying to fix the problem for 6 months now." Atleast that is what I have been told because that was my only complaint. I personally called Human Resources in my area and spoke with someone and had my resume faxed to her attention and it went from there. I wish you the best of luck in your search for a job with Quest Diagnostics.
P.S. In my experience...I was thoroughly impressed with their orientation process. Once your in the company, it really seems that they have it all together. Location: Chantilly, VA.

Ron in Wallingford, Connecticut said: I've had the same problems as you and Gary. I do get emails from Quest with job openings but I can't figure out how to apply for one of them. Their emails reflect the info I submitted using their Build A Resume option, but when I login into their site to try to update my resume, it shows that there are no resumes saved. I also get an error message while trying to upload a WORD copy of my resume. Even though their screen reflects the file name I selected, I still get a "file name not specified" error. A very frustrating and confusing website indeed, and judging from the dates in this forum it looks like they aren't in a hurry to fix it.
P.S. I use SAFARI.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Job Seeker in Los Angeles, California

84 months ago

Start here:

careers-ext.questcareersite.com/login.html?JServSessionIdroot=qd4g2v4gd1.JS1

Then register.

You'll end up here:

careers-ext.questcareersite.com/attach_files.html

Attach away!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Job Seeker in Los Angeles, California

84 months ago

Sorry, you have to add http:// (NOT www)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

frustrated in Novato, California

84 months ago

okay, try this to get into application for quest https//:careers-ext.questcareersite.com/options.html

good luck everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Laid off

84 months ago

The following comments refer to the Quest business unit in Atlanta, not the other business units around the country:

I worked for Quest Atlanta business unit for "3 years" according to them, but it was actually 6 years, in Memphis, TN after they forced our employer to sell out. Life was good before Quest. If you go to work for them, you'd better have money in the bank from the beginning to support yourself when they pull the rug out from under you, and don't have any expectations, because they are dishonest and make promises they don't keep. They will cheat you every chance they get. As a cytotechnologist they have an elaborate CPAP policy that is designed to force you to work faster and punish you severely for every little mistake. It's impossible to never make mistakes, especially when you are forced to work fast, and they know that and use it to keep you from advancing. In other words, they set you up to fail. Their CPAP policy is unethical and should be against the law. MAYBE SOME ATTORNEY SHOULD CHECK ON THAT. They've obviously found a loop hole in CLIA regs. They have opened new labs or forced labs to sell, hired people on, and soon after they close these labs offering only minimal severance and ruining these people's lives who have children, leases, homes, and bills that they can now not pay. I personally would never work for Quest Diagnostics again, and yes, they did beg me to come work at their Atlanta lab for the same, shamefully below average pay they had been paying me all along. BEWARE of the people in Human Resources. They are wolves in sheeps clothing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ron in New Haven, Connecticut

82 months ago

Ron in Wallingford, Connecticut said: I've had the same problems as you and Gary. I do get emails from Quest with job openings but I can't figure out how to apply for one of them. Their emails reflect the info I submitted using their Build A Resume option, but when I login into their site to try to update my resume, it shows that there are no resumes saved. I also get an error message while trying to upload a WORD copy of my resume. Even though their screen reflects the file name I selected, I still get a "file name not specified" error. A very frustrating and confusing website indeed, and judging from the dates in this forum it looks like they aren't in a hurry to fix it.
P.S. I use SAFARI.

I am replying to my own entry. I have since tried FIREFOX as a browser instead of SAFARI and was able to save a resume and apply for a job. There was still difficulty trying to update an error on the resume, but at least it was submitted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tony al in South Dakota

82 months ago

good luck with new job at quest. sorry t say but its a company for white trash people

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

x97dbones in Johns Island, South Carolina

62 months ago

I work for Quest Diagnostics and whoever said that the people seem like they don't want to work there are right. While they have the best benefits anywhere, it is simply not worth it to work for these people. This is the worst place I have worked for, I am in the process of applying for a job that pays me 40% less and losing almost all of my benefits just to leave this company. If you are a patient and had a good experience that is great but do not pretend you actually know what it is to work for the company, that is just foolish. If you can run through the hoops this company is for you but believe me they have many hoops and they are all on fire and it does not matter how good you are at your job, it only matters if you can jump through the hoops.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

blah in Birmingham, Alabama

62 months ago

is it really that bad? I applied for a position back in March or April and it still says im "under consideration" but for the life of me i cant find a number to call and actually check up on it...thanks for your honest opinion though :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

trandall11@att.net in Saint Louis, Missouri

9 months ago

Gary Newman in Chagrin Falls, Ohio said: I thought I was a smart person but for the life of me, I could not figure out how to submit a resume once I was in the Quest wb site. I could use any help...

I have had a lot of problems submitting one too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

joneseowen@yahoo.com in Tampa, Florida

5 months ago

I NEED TO POST MY RESUME TO QUEST DIAGNOSTIC. WHY?

joneseowen@yahoo.com in Tampa, Florida

5 months ago

I NEVER GET RUDE TO NO ONE. THE REPLY WAS MISUNDERSTOOD...I JUST NEED TO KNOW WHERE TO POST MY RESUME FOR QUEST DIAGNOSTIC FOR BILLING CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPRESENTATIVE. THATS ALL...PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW.

Amra in Daphne, Alabama

2 months ago

I am trying for months to apply w/o any luck too. I actually created two profiles with two different e-mail addresses thinking that something was wrong with my first profile. Every time I try to apply and I get to the point of submitting my resume, I get kicked-out, to log in again. That same thing is happening with my new profile.
I tried everything..different computers MAC and Windows but, to save my life I can't figure this out.
I live in Alabama and I am trying to apply here an/or in Florida. Does anyone have HR phone number so I can call them or fax my resume?
Anyone...????
Thank for your help.

Susie in Brandon, Florida

1 month ago

I was having the same issue using Google Chrome, but once I used Internet Explorer I was able to apply no problem.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.