ALL EMPLOEES STICK TOGETHER (REPOST)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

ONADOLL5 in Houston, Texas

84 months ago

We all need to stick together and speak up for ourselves. When your kids are picked on you tell your kids to stand up for themselves,if you don't have any children your parents told you the same thing. We as a whole have to stand up for what we believe in. Your job does not define you,you define yourself. If you feel that your job does define you. It needs alot of improvement. I propose that we start a union, and if need to go on strike. We make the company as a whole.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Employee in Teterboro, New Jersey

84 months ago

Go to www.teamsters.org: On the Join menu, (Become a Member) go to the Organizing Assistance Request Form. Teamsters contracts are the best in the labor movement. We have earned our reputation for bargaining hard and demanding the best protections and wages. For more than a century, Teamsters solidarity has kept corporate America from holding the cards and calling all the shots. When you join the Teamsters, you put that history to work for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

thesmoke in Arkansas

84 months ago

Union? Yea right. Great idea, but what about all of us that live in states that are right to work states. Meaning there are no unions allowed. Your welcome to work for the employer you wish. Your also going to get what the employer wants to give you if it is over the federal wage at lease. Quest knows they have all of you and there is nothing anyone can do. After all if you like to eat and have a roof over your head. Then your going to complain as always here, and do nothing. That's how the sheep in America are. They need to be herded where the company wishes you. You'll also do as they wish or not have a home or food or anything to care for your family. Bah Bah follow the herd!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Employee in Teterboro, New Jersey

84 months ago

To (thesmoke), The so-called "Sheeple" in this Company and/or Country are led by a very Sophisticated and a Brainwashing Ideology (Called Communism)... Let me Explain, A Communist State wants the People (Sheep and/or Employees) to be Nothing More than an Indentured Servant to the State and/or Corporation, a contract by which a Person and/or Employee is bound to "Servitude". A condition in which an individual lacks liberty esp. to determine his or her course of action or way of life; specifically : the state of being a slave.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

chels

83 months ago

Let's get reall! You won't do any better with a union. The problem is the big guy on top...he is taking the money. He does not care about us, never did, never will. He cares about $$$ only and that is the $$$ that comes to him.
I have been in a management position for sometime now. I am ready to head to the hills quickly. Tired of working long hours and now hearing about consolidations and loss of jobs. Don't do a union now..it will hurt you in the end. What you need to do is send letters to your newspapers about the company.
Funny thing, though, they talk about their Blueprint garbage adn one being integrity....what a joke! My employees are working so hard their eyes are hurting looking in the scopes for so long.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tony al in South Dakota

83 months ago

Quest diagnostics is a company for uneducated white trash people and black people too, lots of immigrant there too( which is good). most people qhere I work dont even have a 4year college degree for god sake its 2007. I dont consider myself empplyed even though i am working full time for quest. it's only smth in between being unempplyed and a real job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

rjones1963 in east peoria, Illinois

83 months ago

before you decide to orginise a strike/demonstration you might want to google/research "richo act" it might save you some leagle trouble

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Stay2theC in Fairfield, Ohio

72 months ago

tony al in South Dakota said: Quest diagnostics is a company for uneducated white trash people and black people too, lots of immigrant there too( which is good). most people qhere I work dont even have a 4year college degree for god sake its 2007. I dont consider myself empplyed even though i am working full time for quest. it's only smth in between being unempplyed and a real job

That is ignorant. I don't know which location you work at, but in Cincinnati there are many EDUCATED employees. Some who are leaving because Quest doesn't allow employees to work part time so they can even attend classes. I feel Quest gives most people a wake up call to want to better themselves. I was just using Quest as a stepping stone to finish my degree in nursing but it doesn't help when they don't pay any kind of assistance towards school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lika in buffalo, New York

71 months ago

Employee in Teterboro, New Jersey said: Go to www.teamsters.org: On the Join menu, (Become a Member) go to the Organizing Assistance Request Form. Teamsters contracts are the best in the labor movement. We have earned our reputation for bargaining hard and demanding the best protections and wages. For more than a century, Teamsters solidarity has kept corporate America from holding the cards and calling all the shots. When you join the Teamsters, you put that history to work for you.

We do need a union. I accepted a "flex position", in which I was granted a 1000.00 bonus for taking it. I received only about half of it, as it was paid out in installments. I had gone on a short disability leave, and was told that because I did this they had to take my bonus away. I thought once you were entitled to the bonus, it was yours. They also said that because the flex scheduling didn't work out, that was also one of the reasons for taking my bonus. They are a very cheap company to work for, and they do not care about their employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.