Just starting school would like to hear something good

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

Michelle in Forest, Ohio

94 months ago

I just started school and am getting very nervous Iam hearing nothing but negitive things about empoyers doesn't anyone have anything good to say about Quest or Lab Core is it really that bad where should I start lokking for a job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Hiring Manager in Lenexa, Kansas

94 months ago

Wow - you might start by looking at dictionary.com or englishplus.com/grammar/ before you start looking for a job. Even in something as 'meaningless' as a post like this... people will take you more seriously if you can type proper sentences with correct spellings.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (31) Reply - Report abuse

Happy Quest Employee

90 months ago

Michelle in Forest, Ohio said: I just started school and am getting very nervous Iam hearing nothing but negitive things about empoyers doesn't anyone have anything good to say about Quest or Lab Core is it really that bad where should I start lokking for a job?

I really enjoy working at Quest and I wouldn't take to heart the few people who have posted negative comments here. Remember that Quest has over 30,000 employees!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

main lab employee in Saint Louis, Missouri

90 months ago

Hiring Manager in Lenexa, Kansas said: Wow - you might start by looking at dictionary.com or englishplus.com/grammar/ before you start looking for a job. Even in something as 'meaningless' as a post like this... people will take you more seriously if you can type proper sentences with correct spellings.

that is a really sarcastic reply from someone such as a hiring manager. even though you are not in the work place, you attitude and demeanor reflects Quest Diagnostics. i'm not trying to be rude, and am not sure if you were either, but maybe grammar is not that person's forte. however, you do have a point and maybe it could be rewritten as not to offend someone. remember, just like a hiring manager can view this site, so can someone from corporate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

A Dissatisfied Former Employee in Reno, Nevada

89 months ago

Quest Diagnostics leaves a lot to desire in Nevada. Guidelines continually change on a daily basis. Applicant Beware!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Happy Quest Diagnostics Employee

89 months ago

Attention Applicants:
I just want you to know that not everyone feels the same way about working for Quest. I've been working at Quest for years and worked my way up through the company AND AM VERY HAPPY :)

I feel sad for the others that post all their gripes on this board and hope that they bring the issues up when it counts.. during employee survey, through the compliance hotline, with their manager, etc. Many employees are happy working there and thankful for their jobs at the largest commercial laboratory in the world. I would definately recommend working there so I just wanted applicants to hear the other side of it. Good luck to everyone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Skip in Royal Oak, Michigan

89 months ago

Do they hire people that are going back to school full-time?

and if so, email me.

caryalmas@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

amy in Westmont, Illinois

89 months ago

Hey sarcastic one (hiring Manager) get off your high horse and pay attention to the question. I cant stand prissy little b%$##es like you, and yes I can spell the word, I choose not to. Anyway, to the person who asked, "where should I start to look for a job", I would suggest a blood donation center, look up your local center online. Maybe the Redcross or lifesource or heartland, good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Melissa in Bentonville, Arkansas

88 months ago

I would like to coment on the hiring manager out of Lenexa, I am shocked and embarresed that you are representing OUR company in this manner.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Melissa in Bentonville, Arkansas

88 months ago

embarrassed....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Laid off

88 months ago

The following comments refer to the Quest business unit in Atlanta, not the other business units around the country:

I worked for Quest Atlanta business unit for "3 years" according to them, but it was actually 6 years, in Memphis, TN after they forced our employer to sell out. Life was good before Quest. If you go to work for them, you'd better have money in the bank from the beginning to support yourself when they pull the rug out from under you, and don't have any expectations, because they are dishonest and make promises they don't keep. They will cheat you every chance they get. As a cytotechnologist they have an elaborate CPAP policy that is designed to force you to work faster and punish you severely for every little mistake. It's impossible to never make mistakes, especially when you are forced to work fast, and they know that and use it to keep you from advancing. In other words, they set you up to fail. Their CPAP policy is unethical and should be against the law. MAYBE SOME ATTORNEY SHOULD CHECK ON THAT. They've obviously found a loop hole in CLIA regs. They have opened new labs or forced labs to sell, hired people on, and soon after they close these labs offering only minimal severance and ruining these people's lives who have children, leases, homes, and bills that they can now not pay. I personally would never work for Quest Diagnostics again, and yes, they did beg me to come work at their Atlanta lab for the same, shamefully below average pay they had been paying me all along. BEWARE of the people in Human Resources. They are wolves in sheeps clothing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SgtSludge in Hartford, Connecticut

77 months ago

Happy Quest Employee said: I really enjoy working at Quest and I wouldn't take to heart the few people who have posted negative comments here. Remember that Quest has over 30,000 employees!!

Im sure it would depend on what metro you work in or Department. Look at the Turnover rates of the employees, Its pretty high considering its not McDonalds

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

SgtSludge in Hartford, Connecticut

76 months ago

Happy Quest Diagnostics Employee said: Attention Applicants:
I just want you to know that not everyone feels the same way about working for Quest. I've been working at Quest for years and worked my way up through the company AND AM VERY HAPPY :)

I feel sad for the others that post all their gripes on this board and hope that they bring the issues up when it counts.. during employee survey, through the compliance hotline, with their manager, etc. Many employees are happy working there and thankful for their jobs at the largest commercial laboratory in the world. I would definately recommend working there so I just wanted applicants to hear the other side of it. Good luck to everyone!

Do you also think that all employees that leave are considered disgruntled ex-employees? Looking at your response you got promoted from within and do not have any other company or trainning for your current position that will make you a better employee. Most supervisors Do not manage employees but rather take out their fustrations on them. You look at all the write ups on good hard working people and you would see I am correct. Management by fear for your job or your raise amount is not good management. Do managers make things personal? I know very few people over joyed in their job after 10 years. But thats in any company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

tony al in South Dakota

75 months ago

michelle this Quest and Lab corp are two unscrupulous businesses out to make money, they will cup hours off your paycheck to make more money. They will do anything and all you can do is nothing. I work in one of these placesm I do voodoo science, cus sure as hell the patient aint gettin good results if I aint getting paid for the hours

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

dr x in Jacksonville, Florida

67 months ago

Laid off said: The following comments refer to the Quest business unit in Atlanta, not the other business units around the country:

I worked for Quest Atlanta business unit for "3 years" according to them, but it was actually 6 years, in Memphis, TN after they forced our employer to sell out. Life was good before Quest. If you go to work for them, you'd better have money in the bank from the beginning to support yourself when they pull the rug out from under you, and don't have any expectations, because they are dishonest and make promises they don't keep. They will cheat you every chance they get. As a cytotechnologist they have an elaborate CPAP policy that is designed to force you to work faster and punish you severely for every little mistake. It's impossible to never make mistakes, especially when you are forced to work fast, and they know that and use it to keep you from advancing. In other words, they set you up to fail. Their CPAP policy is unethical and should be against the law. MAYBE SOME ATTORNEY SHOULD CHECK ON THAT. They've obviously found a loop hole in CLIA regs. They have opened new labs or forced labs to sell, hired people on, and soon after they close these labs offering only minimal severance and ruining these people's lives who have children, leases, homes, and bills that they can now not pay. I personally would never work for Quest Diagnostics again, and yes, they did beg me to come work at their Atlanta lab for the same, shamefully below average pay they had been paying me all along. BEWARE of the people in Human Resources. They are wolves in sheeps clothing.

you should contact me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jennidalton83 in Dayton, Ohio

67 months ago

My advice on where to look for a job would be to stick to hospital postings. I know they are few and far between, but they also do like new grads as well as any of the private labs. I found a hospital job right out of school, and then another hospital job. They are great places to work, as you get a lot of variety and can interact with other parts of the lab. Others will try to tell you that its impossible to get these jobs, but you just have to be willing to move and you have to be good at marketing yourself as to why you, in particular, want to work there and be in that area of the country.I had no problem getting offers for hospital jobs; in fact, I had 3 offers prior to graduation (all in different states, mind you. You definitely have to keep relocation in mind).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.