Professional Growth...politics

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

cleopatra in Clifton Park, New York

88 months ago

Has anyone working for Quest Diagnostics experienced problems with career growth? I'm asking this because I worked for the Wallingford BU for over a decade and saw as well as experienced quite a bit of politics for promotions. In fact, the politics are so bad that we named the group of three women who control quite a bit of who gets what position within the company, "The Witches of Eastwick".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

John in Rogers, Arkansas

87 months ago

Anonymous in Rolla, Missouri said: Reply - I worked for this company for 1 year and I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy work here. The HR dept is run by one woman and she doesn't even have a degree or a lot of experience in HR. Her background is Science / lab - she was promoted from the lab. Since her reign, no one gets promoted within the HR dept. She promised me a promotion when I was hired but then gave it to an outside person. Her promise was the reason I took the job in the first place. I didn't agree with the company ethics; I had a higher degree of ethics and how to treat people so I quit. If they don't fire you, you will quit because of the way they treat employees. Good luck if you pursue this.

Wonder if I know this witch also? haha

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

John in Rogers, Arkansas

87 months ago

cleopatra in Clifton Park, New York said: Has anyone working for Quest Diagnostics experienced problems with career growth? I'm asking this because I worked for the Wallingford BU for over a decade and saw as well as experienced quite a bit of politics for promotions. In fact, the politics are so bad that we named the group of three women who control quite a bit of who gets what position within the company, "The Witches of Eastwick".

Wow! Sounds like one of the supervisiors I use to work for. I made sure this site gets around quest in hopes that people will learn from it. But, really I think it's a lost cause.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Laid off

87 months ago

The following comments refer to the Quest business unit in Atlanta, not the other business units around the country:

I worked for Quest Atlanta business unit for "3 years" according to them, but it was actually 6 years, in Memphis, TN after they forced our employer to sell out. Life was good before Quest. If you go to work for them, you'd better have money in the bank from the beginning to support yourself when they pull the rug out from under you, and don't have any expectations, because they are dishonest and make promises they don't keep. They will cheat you every chance they get. As a cytotechnologist they have an elaborate CPAP policy that is designed to force you to work faster and punish you severely for every little mistake. It's impossible to never make mistakes, especially when you are forced to work fast, and they know that and use it to keep you from advancing. In other words, they set you up to fail. Their CPAP policy is unethical and should be against the law. MAYBE SOME ATTORNEY SHOULD CHECK ON THAT. They've obviously found a loop hole in CLIA regs. They have opened new labs or forced labs to sell, hired people on, and soon after they close these labs offering only minimal severance and ruining these people's lives who have children, leases, homes, and bills that they can now not pay. I personally would never work for Quest Diagnostics again, and yes, they did beg me to come work at their Atlanta lab for the same, shamefully below average pay they had been paying me all along. BEWARE of the people in Human Resources. They are wolves in sheeps clothing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

tony al in South Dakota

85 months ago

quest is for white trash people legal and ilegal immigrants, people from inner city areas who would take any job for any amount of money. it is not a company where u can have a career, sorry u have to look elsewhere. prove me that I am wrong, would love to be wrong

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.